Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I deduce an object weighing 6.38 oz, approximately 155mm wide caused this. It had stabilization points applying 135nm of force more so on the corners vs. equally distributed as intended.
It was a Thursday. But not any Thursday. This one was hot, stormy, the air itself felt odd. Two houses down a dog was barking. Across town a guy named Barry was burning his Pillsbury biscuits in the oven for the last time. Mrs. Barry whacked him across the backside with a wet towel and banished him to the garage. He was drinking lukewarm PBR, as his mancave fridge had died the prior night and he didn't know it.
With disdain and malice in his heart he secretly wished somehow, somewhere he could release his anger by defacing sunvisors, as he did in his serial sunvisor-vandalism days. Those were dark times. Isn't it ironic, Don't ya think?
Find this Barry and you find your culprit. You each have your mission, should you accept it.
Barry here. Yeah, it's 155mm wide, so what? That's why they make the silhouettes. The Nm is a pretty good guess, but I didn't do it. I only torque in foot-pounds, because I am an agent of chaos! I'm a no-masser.

And they weren't biscuits. @604Bronco and I were secretly testing a new cookie recipe. It's designed to look like the poisonous oatmeal raisin abominations. However, it's made of chocolate chip cookie dough, so the real psychopaths will be tricked into eating a delicious cookie rather than a mini fruitcake.

There's a small enclave in the desert where they go and meet to ritualistically devour these flat-disk fruitcakes or FDFCs for short. They have an obsession with minor vandalism using small objects.

Find the oatmeal raisin lovers, find the culprit.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are some more photos for all the detectives in this thread. 😉
Ford Bronco Ford Refused Warranty On This! Bubbles on Sun Visor IMG_2458
It doesn't take detective skills to tell that is not the plastic/vinyl bubbling but the material was stretched and deformed due to pressure from an object attached to it at some point. The more pics you post the more it make Ford's case.

I was at a dealer service dept back in the 90's when a guy was trying to make a warranty claim on his Ranger pickup. His argument was the paint on the front of the hood was bad and wanted it re-painted. The service advisor asked me what I thought could have caused it and the fellow got pissed when I agreed with what the service rep had been saying. It was obvious fading and blemishes from a hood deflector that had been removed. You could still see the little circle spots from where the plastic bumpers were stuck to the hood, lol.

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I park my ford bronco outside during the summer. One day I went to get something in my glovebox and noticed two bubbles on my passenger visor. I assumed it was from the heat but I’m still not totally sure. I brought it into my local ford dealer and they refused to warranty it. They said it was physical damage I’m assuming their conclusion is that I did this myself. Then I got quoted for $200+ repair. Hoping someone on here has some advice or can help me get this resolved as I’m coming up on one year of ownership and being outside that warranty.
Like everyone else said, it does look like something hit it. At least there is a fix! I know we were having multiple issues when claims for Broncos and ended up just making it right with the customer ourselves and reimbursing the customer. Enjoy your Bronco though, they are pretty sweet vehicles!

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I park my ford bronco outside during the summer. One day I went to get something in my glovebox and noticed two bubbles on my passenger visor. I assumed it was from the heat but I’m still not totally sure. I brought it into my local ford dealer and they refused to warranty it. They said it was physical damage I’m assuming their conclusion is that I did this myself. Then I got quoted for $200+ repair. Hoping someone on here has some advice or can help me get this resolved as I’m coming up on one year of ownership and being outside that warranty.
Honestly its strange. Because running parts coverage, the visor is covered. The only real issue I see is that if it's within 3 months of service they would need pictures and it would most likely be rejected because Ford would absolutely say that it was damage caused by you. They are still a major corporation and they are always looking at ways to make money. But outside that 3 months were pictures are required a dealer could go ahead and replace it as long as it still has the bumper to bumper coverage. I do agree with everyone that it looks like damage caused by something there, but at the same time I think they should have just replaced it

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly its strange. Because running parts coverage, the visor is covered. The only real issue I see is that if it's within 3 months of service they would need pictures and it would most likely be rejected because Ford would absolutely say that it was damage caused by you. They are still a major corporation and they are always looking at ways to make money. But outside that 3 months were pictures are required a dealer could go ahead and replace it as long as it still has the bumper to bumper coverage. I do agree with everyone that it looks like damage caused by something there, but at the same time I think they should have just replaced it
Ford should replace a damaged part? Where would that policy end? If I curb a wheel, should they replace that too? Or knock a mirror off while off roading? Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship only.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford should replace a damaged part? Where would that policy end? If I curb a wheel, should they replace that too? Or knock a mirror off while off roading? Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship only.
I agree with you that damaged items should not be replaced, but can it be proven that the customer absolutely caused the damage? Can it be proven that the material used is defective? I'm not saying that they should without a doubt replace it because its damaged. I'm just playing devils advocate here.
Sponsored