First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I park my ford bronco outside during the summer. One day I went to get something in my glovebox and noticed two bubbles on my passenger visor. I assumed it was from the heat but I’m still not totally sure. I brought it into my local ford dealer and they refused to warranty it. They said it was physical damage I’m assuming their conclusion is that I did this myself. Then I got quoted for $200+ repair. Hoping someone on here has some advice or can help me get this resolved as I’m coming up on one year of ownership and being outside that warranty.
Ford Bronco Ford Refused Warranty On This! Bubbles on Sun Visor IMG_2455
Sponsored

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks like an aftermarket flip down sunvisor mounting clip.

Here's the part info from Levitown Ford (I'm not affiliated with them). But the entire assembly for the passenger side is $108 + shipping if you want to go that route and not battle with the svc dept. Someone may want to double check the part # for you before you order.

Ford Bronco Ford Refused Warranty On This! Bubbles on Sun Visor 1719333431464-95

Last edited:

Sponsored

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sure looks like something was clipped onto the visor, especially with the scrape/press marks between the big sections of stretched vinyl.
Was it a sunglasses holder? looks to be about that size

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That might’ve been from some impact, cleaning wipes, or a garage opener putting pressure on the sun visor and the damage finally showed up due to the heat but I can see why the dealer denied the claim it does look like something physically caused pressure/damage

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP knows exactly what happened here. There’s absolutely no way for this to be “Sun” damage. Of course Ford denied warranty. Something was mounted there and dug into the visor when heated. That’s called Bunching not Bubbling. That’s crimped and pressed enough to distort the underlying foam.

This would have been a better thread if titled PSA - Watch What You Mount to Your Visor in Extreme Heat

Last edited: