Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the mystical bronco fairy

Okay, so now I've got to know how this works?
Do I have to put my tie rod under my pillow when it breaks or what?
Sponsored

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were you the original owner? How could you not notice that when you look up since it appears to be on the outer side? I don't think it is that we don't believe you it is that it is not covered by Ford period regardless of circumstances.

End of day Ford's stance is outside influence, not warrantable. If I sent that back to Ford under warranty they would laugh and charge the claim back to me.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can kind of sympathize with the OP. I've had garage door openers affixed to visors on plenty of vehicles and don't recall ever seeing damage like this. That said if you had the visor out and the sun beaming on the metal clip while affixed, I imagine the metal got extremely hot to the point it deformed the plastic. I can definitely see Ford's stance as the visor wouldn't have bubbled under normal circumstances. I guess the bright side is that we aren't talking about an extremely expensive part and I suppose we learned from this thread that Bronco owners using clip on garage door openers should be mindful of on extremely hot days.

BroncoDave24

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'61 Falcon, '87 F150 XLT Lariat 5.0, '01 F350 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've seen people with scorched sun visors after parking near a building with reflective windows.
Oh Crap! I had not thought of that sort of thing. :facepalm: I have those on my office windows.
They do cast little spots of heat around the parking lot that move with the sun!

Broncomoron

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I park my ford bronco outside during the summer. One day I went to get something in my glovebox and noticed two bubbles on my passenger visor. I assumed it was from the heat but I’m still not totally sure. I brought it into my local ford dealer and they refused to warranty it. They said it was physical damage I’m assuming their conclusion is that I did this myself. Then I got quoted for $200+ repair. Hoping someone on here has some advice or can help me get this resolved as I’m coming up on one year of ownership and being outside that warranty.
IMG_2455.jpeg
You might be able to fix this.
1-Remove the visor
2-Lay flat
3-Use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat up the affected area
4-Cross fingers

Sponsored

Emersaurus

Wildtrak
First Name
Emerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Ford Refused Warranty On This! Bubbles on Sun Visor Bronco Visor

Passenger side. Haven't moved the mount for the air freshener since I put it on last fall. Noticed this earlier in the month. I've got a garage door opener on the driver side with no issues though.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford Refused Warranty On This! Bubbles on Sun Visor Bronco Visor

Passenger side. Haven't moved the mount for the air freshener since I put it on last fall. Noticed this earlier in the month. I've got a garage door opener on the driver side with no issues though.
The fragrance serves as a solvent. One should know better than to place air fresheners near any of the cheap plastic. A few have draped them around the gear shift and they have melted the console casement.

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can kind of sympathize with the OP. I've had garage door openers affixed to visors on plenty of vehicles and don't recall ever seeing damage like this. That said if you had the visor out and the sun beaming on the metal clip while affixed, I imagine the metal got extremely hot to the point it deformed the plastic. I can definitely see Ford's stance as the visor wouldn't have bubbled under normal circumstances. I guess the bright side is that we aren't talking about an extremely expensive part and I suppose we learned from this thread that Bronco owners using clip on garage door openers should be mindful of on extremely hot days.
My uses hand sanitizer after leaving work every day. We once had a car that the steering wheel started to degrade from the chemicals in the hand sanitizer...

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is one other possibility: someone else in OP's family did this and isn't fessing up!
Oh man, that's the story of my family life. Me: "How did this thing get scratched/broken?" Crickets.

OP
OP
Palooza

Palooza

Big Bend
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The odd part is that the clip that was on there was from over a year ago and removed after a few weeks. At this time I also had parked it inside a garage. So the metal clip never heated up and I have my garage opener on my driver side and have 0 issue even now keeping the Bronco parked outside.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The odd part is that the clip that was on there was from over a year ago and removed after a few weeks. At this time I also had parked it inside a garage. So the metal clip never heated up and I have my garage opener on my driver side and have 0 issue even now keeping the Bronco parked outside.
To me it looks like someone clipped something on it, then dragged it to move it, then maybe saw it was messing stuff up, so took it off. I have a garage door opener with a 3/4" metal clip that if I tried to do that, it would leave a mark like that.

Sometimes my neighbor gives me his garage door opener to hold onto going somewhere, which also is too tight and I don't clip it on. But he's also clipped it on himself.

Do you have any other people using this car or who might otherwise have done something?
Sponsored