Sponsored

Why are Jeepers so rude to everyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right... but have you seen Toyota fans? They think their car's the second coming of Christ or something. Not all of them, but wow, are they annoying. Nothing wrong with the car, just the people making them to be better than they actually are.
For sure, it's hard though. My son bought a used 2019 Tacoma two years ago, has put 20k miles on it and its worth today what he paid for it. Those damn things hold their value so well because hardly anything goes wrong with them and have such a loyal following.

As for the Jeeps, at least in my area very few of them ever see anything other than asphalt and those owners tend to be the worst at thinking they're superior to everyone...

As for my friend I spoke of earlier, at least he does mountaintop stuff and it's mostly good natured ribbing between us.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have come across rude jeepers and nice ones i think kind of like any other demographic. We were solo wheeling at Kansas Rocks last year and came across a jeep club from back home (Just Jeep Club of Omaha to set the preconceived notions) and they invited us to tag along with them. Bunch of lifted Rubicons one bone stock Black Diamond.

Ford Bronco Why are Jeepers so rude to everyone else? Screenshot_20240330_094310_Flickr

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not all Jeep owners are like that. I’ve met plenty of Jeep owners who are very nice. On the flip side, there’s some Bronco owners who are jerks.

I’d like to think that if anyone (regardless of the vehicle they drive) were in a situation they needed help in, they’d stop to help - Bronco or Jeep.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I swear they are so uptight when it comes to anything other than Jeeps both online and in the parking lot. But on the trails they dry hump the broncos like they are looking at the space shuttle. They are so short sided and rude when I pull up to a primairly jeep gathering. Or god forbid you comment anything bronco in their forum or FB groups.

I dont see that here at all really. Bronco people seem to want to get along and fit in. Rather then exclude and deflect. Its funny reading their (jeeper) threads when the bronco is mentioned. Then they start throwing around hot button words like "dana axles" and "lockers" like nobody has lockers. LOL. What is their problem? Could it really be just jealousy?? I happen to have both a 24 Wrangler JLU and also a 23 Bronco and really dislike hanging with the jeep crowd. Only thing that sucks is they outnumber us 5:1 easily and they always have something going on. And of course broncos arent allowed... Quite irritating.

And for the record I also still quite like driving the Bronco over my JLU. Both off and on-road.
The secret to getting along with the Jeep community is to do the Jeep wave from your Bronco correctly.

Use one hand to wave while you are sawing the steering wheel back and forth furiously to emulate death wobble, then, and only then they will accept you as one of their own.

LOL

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The secret to getting along with the Jeep community is to do the Jeep wave from your Bronco correctly.

Use one hand to wave while you are sawing the steering wheel back and forth furiously to emulate death wobble, then, and only then they will accept you as one of their own.

LOL
Do this ^ and glue 17 rubber ducks to your dash...

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The group I travel in has Toyotas of all kinds, Jeeps of all kinds, and Broncos of all kinds, and every once in a while, it has some Chevys. I have good conversations with all of them, and everyone is there to help if someone breaks down. Nobody cares about the brand, and yes some jokes are thrown around in good fun.

all.jpg

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would drive down from San Angelo to wheel with y'all sometime.
Have you been to Hidden Falls Adventure Park? We go there a few times per year. PM coming.

Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
True story.....Jeep driver gave me the finger as we passed each other. Completely unprovoked.
That's how it is here in Vegas. The city already has a toxic "Look me everyone - I'm unique, cool and better than you" mentality, and you throw in this supposed "cult" or "following" revolving around a specific type of vehicle, and its a recipe for disaster. Its like, the "Jeepers" here try as hard as they can to "1-up" other "Jeepers", in a race to see who can look the douchiest, from their excessive mods, add-ons, to their stupid, personalized, license plates. Again, I blame the mentality for the excessively, ridiculous Jeep behavior, as this city as a piece of work on its own.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you been to Hidden Falls Adventure Park? We go there a few times per year. PM coming.
Yep, a couple of times... My first time there, people in a Bronco group there shunned me like I had a Jeep, so I ended up wheeling with a few Jeeps the first time there.

LOL

I actually met Tyler (BroncBuster) when I was there, he sort of blew me off when I said "Hi", didn't even remember it later when he had me come down to help program racks. I didn't take it personally, he seemed busy with everything else going on that day. He and I always got along fine after we met at his place - so no drama there.

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I swear they are so uptight when it comes to anything other than Jeeps both online and in the parking lot. But on the trails they dry hump the broncos like they are looking at the space shuttle. They are so short sided and rude when I pull up to a primairly jeep gathering. Or god forbid you comment anything bronco in their forum or FB groups.

I dont see that here at all really. Bronco people seem to want to get along and fit in. Rather then exclude and deflect. Its funny reading their (jeeper) threads when the bronco is mentioned. Then they start throwing around hot button words like "dana axles" and "lockers" like nobody has lockers. LOL. What is their problem? Could it really be just jealousy?? I happen to have both a 24 Wrangler JLU and also a 23 Bronco and really dislike hanging with the jeep crowd. Only thing that sucks is they outnumber us 5:1 easily and they always have something going on. And of course broncos arent allowed... Quite irritating.

And for the record I also still quite like driving the Bronco over my JLU. Both off and on-road.
We have owned Jeeps for decades. We had two Jeeps a Rubicon 2DR and a Sahara 4DR. Sold the Rubicon for the Bronco. We love both vehicles. I have seen uppity Jeep and Bronco drivers on both forums. I love talking to other Jeep and Bronco drivers. So far no bad experiences with either one face to face when driving opposite vehicles.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sorry, but the whole "duck thing glued to the dashboard" so freaking, lame.
My wife's Subaru got Moo'd the other day at the grocery store, do yourself a favor and don't look up "Moo Moo Subaru". I swear, I don't know who comes up with this stuff.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.