MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
How do you double your money in a few years? Where are you getting 30% returns?

I’m not being snarky, I’m totally serious and want to do what I’m doing wrong.
Send me $100 and have 10 of your friends your friends send me $100 each, and I'll explain how it works.
Sponsored

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know whether both of those are MGV, or one or both are cloth seats. If only one is MGV, go with that one.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you're not worried about the payment I'd buy new over used but I don't think this dealer is doing you any favors on the price. Have you shopped around? Plenty of '23s on the lots with discounts so you could move up a trim if you have $50k to truly play with.

As for doors, well I'm 55 so I grew up driving two doors when I was young, that was the thing. Now with only one kid around that's graduating this month the choice for a two door Bronco was easy, especially with the simularities to the original EB!

Whatever you choose good luck but shop around!

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'd go for the BD just for the Aux switches. They are way more expensive to add later.

Plus, 2DRs are cool 😎

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Both trim package are fairly minimal from a standpoint of luxury and interior options. The BD is clearly more capable, and I would imagine will hold its value better. I consider the BD to hit a certain sweet spot for a lot of people that prioritize function over fashion. But if I were you (or me), I'd be looking at a 21-23 with 15-25K miles on it and either pay less, or get a higher trim package (Wildtrak, Badlands, or OB) for the same money. Having had a Big Bend for a month as a loaner, I can tell you that my Wildtrak with leather and Lux feels like a totally different level of car from inside. But it all depends on your use cases and preferences. If you have dogs, do not get cloth seats - ever.

Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello all, I am looking to finally join the Bronco family and I have 2 local dealerships I could buy my first Bronco from.

Firstly, my offer of 49,500 would be accepted for a 4 door big bend, with mid package, as pictured below. (Only upgrades it has are the mid package, modular bumper, tube step, and brush guard)

Secondly, my other offer to another dealership was on a 2 door black diamond for 51,000, as pictured below as well. The black diamond would have storage bags upgraded as well as, mid package, floor liners, and cargo area protector.

Both are automatics. The big bend has been on the lot, while the black diamond will be delivered on the 17th.

I feel like it would be a no brainer to get the black diamond just for the larger axle, aux switches, bash plates, and rear lockers. (I live in Florida and would like to take it off roading every once in a while if this plays a factor in which I should choose)

I am just 18 so I don’t necessarily have a family that I need to be carrying around in a four door.

Which should I go with?

IMG_1665.jpeg

IMG_5894.jpeg
Seems to me you need to first decide on 2-door or 4. That will probably make a bigger difference than anything during the time you own the car (If I was 18 and single, I'd probably get a 2-door). Then your criteria for price, capability, and luxury. As a younger man, I would always steer clear of top end trim packages (leather, highest end stereos, extra plastic cladding, etc.). However, I would prioritize best engine. If you think you are going to keep this car for a long time, them it's more likely you'll regret skimping on options later. If this car is for 3-5 years, then don't go overboard - doesn't need to be your dream Bronco. If you really think you're going to keep this for a long time (7+ years) and even invest in it, then start with a better foundation. The longer you own it, the cheaper every option was.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

yeah don't spend over 50K on a Big Bend - I don't think you'll feel like you have a 50K car. you will have low level rental car grade interior. you can do better. you're on this forum which shows you care enough to not make a mistake you can't undo. Go used keep looking.

OP
OP

Voyna

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It blows my mind how so many people want to buy a Bronco but don’t know why????
I don’t think I ever said I didn’t know why I wanted a Bronco. If I truly did not care and just wanted it just because I would not have made the original post.

To some of the people that think myself and other young people are only buying broncos for a trend, I’d like you all to know that broncos are not a trendy car amongst us whatsoever. Most kids want Tesla’s or some foreign cars.

Myself personally I just love the Bronco because it’s a more youthful SUV that will allow me to off-road since that’s something I’ve always wanted to do.

Thanks to all who have given me advice, it is greatly appreciated. To those rudely questioning my decision I’m not sure what I’ve ever done to y’all.

I will be taking delivery of the black diamond and I am very excited!

I’ve dreamed of having a bronco since it was announced to be returning as growing up my aunt and uncle had a jeep wrangler and I fell in love with off roaders.

I’m excited to join the Bronco family even though some of y’all clearly don’t support it lol.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
yeah don't spend over 50K on a Big Bend - I don't think you'll feel like you have a 50K car. you will have low level rental car grade interior. you can do better. you're on this forum which shows you care enough to not make a mistake you can't undo. Go used keep looking.
Interesting, I looked at the $29k Base and a Wildtrak, and the interior was pretty much identical, same cheap plastic, same trim, same carpet, same quality cloth seats. I know you can opt for the leather package, but that's a few notches below a set of Katskins, and with the 2 door, you don't even get the electric seats, and actually lose the washout floors in the BL's.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’d find a used Big Bend with like 20k miles or less and a rear locker for around $40k then buy Black Diamond/Badlands takeoff stuff for super cheap. If u r planning to go into debt with this purchase at 18 years old then I highly advise against this decision at all. Your future self will thank you. The cool factor wears off fast and if u r gonna be left with a big payment every month u will start to resent the vehicle - it’s not worth it.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get the 2 door, you’re young, you’ll enjoy it more, and it has better specs. Don’t listen to us 50+ y.o. guys. We’re still trying to relive our youth through you and make up for old mistakes. Good luck in college!

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think I ever said I didn’t know why I wanted a Bronco. If I truly did not care and just wanted it just because I would not have made the original post.

To some of the people that think myself and other young people are only buying broncos for a trend, I’d like you all to know that broncos are not a trendy car amongst us whatsoever. Most kids want Tesla’s or some foreign cars.

Myself personally I just love the Bronco because it’s a more youthful SUV that will allow me to off-road since that’s something I’ve always wanted to do.

Thanks to all who have given me advice, it is greatly appreciated. To those rudely questioning my decision I’m not sure what I’ve ever done to y’all.

I will be taking delivery of the black diamond and I am very excited!

I’ve dreamed of having a bronco since it was announced to be returning as growing up my aunt and uncle had a jeep wrangler and I fell in love with off roaders.

I’m excited to join the Bronco family even though some of y’all clearly don’t support it lol.
People gonna throw shade, ain't no big thang. lol Just keep on truckin' and the cat will be in the bag. :whistle:

Seriously, sometimes people are overly enamored with their own decisions and insights. Also, if you ask a forum for advice, some people won't be nice. Big deal.

I predict you will very much enjoy your BD. (y)

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
After owning my 22 2D Base Bronco for a couple years, I would absolutely not have paid those prices you listed if I were faced with them today. I paid $34k for mine. Idk, personally, $34k feels like the absolute most that I would've paid for it (I'm 26).

Mostly just because, I have the same plastic interior that scuffs super easily with the same hard top everyone else has. Same 2.7L. I threw 33's on it, some tint and called it a day. At the same time, doing the same daily driving with the minimal off-roading as owner's of other trims. Of course, depends on how you're using it and context matters.

I know OP has already pulled the trigger, but if anyone else is reading this and thinking of buying -- please buy used and save some money. Like others said, you can get some higher trims for cheaper used.

The only reason most us bought new was because the a) the market was upside down and buying new was actually the strat and b) it was a new return of a vehicle with no stock inventory, anywhere. Both of these are untrue statements in 2024, but the past 3 years they were not.
Sponsored