Sponsored

What is the most fun vehicle you have driven!! Bronco, Wrangler, anything else?

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will just leave this here...

Ferrari in Guam 2 (1).jpg

The most entertaining car I own. No, it's not an 80's Trans Am convertible.
Gated manual?
Sponsored

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably my father's old '80 Porsche 928 5 speed, but our '19 GTI is high on the list. I can't forget the Mercedes 4.5 sedan my dad had when I was a teenager. That thing was great for trolling late '70's Z28's and Trans Ams. Don't get me wrong, I love the Bronco, and if I had just returned from a trail ride it would be number one on the list.

Edit: I forgot two wheels. Genuine HPN BMW for the win.
IMG_3109.jpeg

Last edited:

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Back in the day! ‘66 Selby 350 mustang, corvair powered sand rail…many motorcycles…’46 modified CJ2a…’16 700hp mustang GT convertible…’28 model A…to name a few…bronco is more practical fun than actual fun…

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t drive it, as I was only a teen, but I was a passenger on multiple occasions in a 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Coupe.

NOTHING sounds better than a vintage Ferrari. Its V12 with six Weber 2 Barrels was truly a thing of beauty.

My 00 Boxster S and 02 Carrera Cabriolet were both pretty entertaining.

I drove multiple muscle cars when growing up. Any high compression V8, from the 60’s or early 70’s is a blast to drive.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My early Bronco. 302, cam and headers, 33 inch super swampers, 4.10 posi front and back old school Warn 8000lb winch.
Put soft top and doors on it. It was cheap back then, in the 80's, and I drove it hard.
I've had all four in the air at the top of hill climbs, hauled butt down dirt roads, through mud pits and even ran over small trees at 30mph. I had it hanging on both bumpers trying cross a ditch blind as I crashed it through the brush. Winched myself out of that one.
That was fun.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Mitsubishi 3000gt vr4 that I restored to better-than-stock. It’s like driving a fighter jet. Sold it once everything was working at the same time.

runner up is my bmw k1200r. It’s about the same amount of fun but with more fear involved. 200hp on two wheels is just stupid.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I learned how to drive stick in a gated Ferrari at 14. That was pretty cool.
Until I tried to drive a manual VW at 16... Oh the difference :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Backstory if people are curious: One of my best friends growing up had a dad who owned an exotic car dealership, so there would be all types of cool cars in the garage/driveway. Mostly Porsche 993/996s as they used to race them.
My friend (who was 15 at the time took me out in the Ferrari (Don't remember the model, but 355 like above seems like it was it [hard top though, not convertible, as people generally don't race convertibles, if I remember correctly]).
I had the knowledge of manual trans because we would often ride 4 wheelers so you get the concept of needing to shift, etc.
I didn't do anything crazy, maybe like one 2-3rd gear pull, but it's a memory that will last for a lifetime.

Drifting a (different) friends dad's brand new manual e39 M5 was pretty epic.

But in terms of fun/getting attention, I think driving an Hummer H1 (original boy, NON-turbo) in the area I live in was the best shit ever. My car was in the shop so I borrowed it from a friend (see the trend here. I couldn't afford any of these) for a week or so and the amount of times I had to stop what I was doing and chat with people, have their kids sit in it, etc was crazy. Also, people get the HELL out of your way. Was really fun.

Edit: yes, we've taken the H1 off-road. Oh boy!

Last edited:

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I love my Bronco but my 2006 MINI John Cooper Works I wish I’d never sold. Go-kart handling and supercharged engine.

Ford Bronco What is the most fun vehicle you have driven!! Bronco, Wrangler, anything else? IMG_3109
This is the first thing I thought of. MINI ownership is a cult and for good reason. I love Aprilia v-twins but MINIs are a hoot.

Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the first thing I thought of. MINI ownership is a cult and for good reason. I love Aprilia v-twins but MINIs are a hoot.
I've driven a manual Mini 2 door when they first came out and they are FUN

Base

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Besides the Bronco my other 2 favorite cars from the past are the NSX and S2000.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Besides the Bronco my other 2 favorite cars from the past are the NSX and S2000.
I would LOVE to get an NSX on a track. 🤤

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
WOW, been fortunate to have owned a few different fun vehicles/motorcycles over the years and hard to whittle it down to just one of each. I think timing and what you could afford at the time also factor in there…but here goes:

Top autos/trucks:
- 2017 Shelby GT350/2007 Shelby GT 500 both w/ 6sp MT. 2007 was the return of the GT500 and the 5.4lt SC engine was an absolute beast! However the 2017 with the 5.2.ltr Voodoo Flat Plane Crank and track focused handling was both outrageous & sublime.
- 2009 MT & 2013 PDK Porsche Carreras S Cabriolets were both awesome, somewhat exclusive and the German engineering was 2nd to none. Also had a 2008 BMW M3 hard-top convertible with the V8 engine and the convertible hard top was a masterpiece of German engineering.
- 2023 Bronco, 4dr. OBX w/Adv. 4x4, Lux. Has been a blast upgrading, especially the Bilstein 6112s/35’s, absolutely love the convertibleness of it, smaller footprint (than my 2018 Raptor) and the driving characteristics are great. Perfect retirement vehicle to throw my MTB on back of and head out!

Motorcycles: this one’s tough, have enjoyed all my bikes, both Harleys and sport bikes. However, my 1st sport bike was a 1998 Honda Super Hawk 996 and it was a blast to ride! Also had a 2006 CBR1000RR and the wail of an in-line 4 heading up the canyons is hard to beat. Had a Triumph 1050 Speed Triple that was fun and currently ride a Yamaha XSR 900 that has an awesome in-line triple, light weight and short wheelbase for excellent handling…

Thanks for bringing back the fun memories👍
Sponsored