Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wt, 78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I installed the AWE Exhaust. Single tip

Btw, the exhaust does not fit with the rear rekgen mudflap bracket.

It was late when I was finishing up and I was tired. So I took an angle grinder to the bracket and made some clearance.
Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Neither with nor to with the Bronco, but in the garage and it is pretty neat so I thought I would share it. Some of you may have seen videos about storage bin racks in your feed lately, they are all over YT and TickTock. This is one of the better ones IMO

I set up a spreadsheet to compute cut lists and mark lists based on your favored bin provider, and included several suggestions for improvement. The space efficiency of this design is pretty amazing, and if you are so inclined you can add extra rails toa a few of the cubby holes and use plywood to turn a cubbyhole into a shelf.

DYI Bin Storage Rack Calculator

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '02 F350 4WD Crew, couple of Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Base
Neither with nor to with the Bronco, but in the garage and it is pretty neat so I thought I would share it. Some of you may have seen videos about storage bin racks in your feed lately, they are all over YT and TickTock. This is one of the better ones IMO

I set up a spreadsheet to compute cut lists and mark lists based on your favored bin provider, and included several suggestions for improvement. The space efficiency of this design is pretty amazing, and if you are so inclined you can add extra rails toa a few of the cubby holes and use plywood to turn a cubbyhole into a shelf.

DYI Bin Storage Rack Calculator
I built a large plywood shelves rack years ago but decided this year to ditch the cheapo plastic bins for the type of totes shown in the video. I also bought a label maker to label the parts that are in it.

Labeling totes is a must.

I'm a retired master electrician that enjoys wrenching, woodworking, but not that great at it, and I'm a DIYer so I have a large variety of storage needs. Lots of Harley parts and electrical junk too.

I think it was an easier build than this guy's design although mine probably cost more because of amount of plywood needed.

I Great thing about bins is that you don't need a rack, they stack nicely. The stuff I don't need access to very often gets stored on higher up out of the way shelf in a different location.

Everyone's needs and storage space is different. Every idea is worth looking at.
Great storage idea though. It's good to go through your 'stuff' every once in a while and decide what is junk. My shop gets cluttered easily with so many different hobbies.

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I built a large plywood shelves rack years ago but decided this year to ditch the cheapo plastic bins for the type of totes shown in the video. I also bought a label maker to label the parts that are in it.

Labeling totes is a must.

I'm a retired master electrician that enjoys wrenching, woodworking, but not that great at it, and I'm a DIYer so I have a large variety of storage needs. Lots of Harley parts and electrical junk too.

I think it was an easier build than this guy's design although mine probably cost more because of amount of plywood needed.

I Great thing about bins is that you don't need a rack, they stack nicely. The stuff I don't need access to very often gets stored on higher up out of the way shelf in a different location.

Everyone's needs and storage space is different. Every idea is worth looking at.
Great storage idea though. It's good to go through your 'stuff' every once in a while and decide what is junk. My shop gets cluttered easily with so many different hobbies.
Yes, labeling is a must. I use duct tape and a permanent marker. Easy to update as needed or rip off and start all over.

I had a plywood-based rack that I built 10 years ago but it was heavy and not targeted towards a specific bin design, so over the years I ended up with a hodge podge of bins that resulted in poor space utilization efficiency. The beauty of this design is that it can be very space efficient, especially in the vertical dimension. The efficient mix of bin sizes is especially important to me, as all 27 gal bins do not allow for effective category separation(for example 27 gallon is way too large to store a few pairs of fins, snorkels, masks and a wet suit). My calculator gives ~ 80% overall space utilization efficiency. After doing this I now have 3 unused 27 gallon bins for the same amount of storage space. The one downside of the design is that it does not handle odd shapes very well. I intentionally leave 10-15 inches of open space above the rack and put plywood on top. That is where my recovery boards, 32" snow shoes, beach chairs and umbrellas and other odds and ends live. I also have a single 15 inch slot on one side going full length with rails spaced every 10 inches. This gives me a flexible shelf area that I can use to store long items (ladders) or convert into a bunch of shelves for things like frequently used tools. I live in a 1930s vintage house with a smallish garage so space efficiency is paramount.

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '02 F350 4WD Crew, couple of Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, labeling is a must. I use duct tape and a permanent marker. Easy to update as needed or rip off and start all over.
I used to use painters tape, easy to remove. My thought process was if it was important enough to print a label it was worth keeping, if it wasn't it hit the trash bin. ;-)

Also, my handwriting isn't as impressive a nice print font.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I wanted to install a winch but I actually like the capable bumper, so I didn't want to replace it and I wanted to keep the clean look of the front end, so I decided to install the Lobo Offroad HNT winch skid and a Superwinch SX10SR with Factor55 Flatlink E. Connected it up to a Stinger 500A relay so I can disconnect the power with an Aux switch. Also installed the Mabett trans skid while I was under there. Only need the transfer case skid now, which I just ordered today.

Pretty happy with how it turned out:
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1716235342659-sd

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1716235359154-1a

If anyone else wants to install a Superwinch on the HNT skid, be forewarned that the bolt holes didn't quite line up, so since I already had the grinder out to lop off the frame horns, I added some clearance by grinding off the corners of the front mounting feet a bit more. Worked like a charm.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1716235675816-hk

Last edited:

Philrod

Outer Banks
First Name
Feliberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum, 2007 Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Took it in so the dealer could do the tow package installation (salesman insisted we took delivery before it was done because he was afraid another sales person would sell it out from under me). Also got the trim piece that came off during the test drive installed.

Got home and decided to look under the hood to see how difficult it would be to put a loud horn in and found someone left me a present.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1000006819

This was between the fuse box and the engine. I wonder if it made it all the way from MAP or if it has just been in there for the 800+ miles we've driven it.

Sponsored

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wanted to install a winch but I actually like the capable bumper, so I didn't want to replace it and I wanted to keep the clean look of the front end, so I decided to install the Lobo Offroad HNT winch skid and a Superwinch SX10SR with Factor55 Flatlink E. Connected it up to a Stinger 500A relay so I can disconnect the power with an Aux switch. Also installed the Mabett trans skid while I was under there. Only need the transfer case skid now, which I just ordered today.

Pretty happy with how it turned out:
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_2034

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_2034

If anyone else wants to install a Superwinch on the HNT skid, be forewarned that the bolt holes didn't quite line up, so since I already had the grinder out to lop off the frame horns, I added some clearance by grinding off the corners of the front mounting feet a bit more. Worked like a charm.
Those 2.3's are sooo much easier to install either hidden winch on. Relocating the oil cooler took a day on it's own.

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wasn’t really sure if I’d use a tailgate table enough - and most are expensive - but I found one that was a decent price and decided to take a chance. I wanted the two levels because we take food to fires and other long calls for our department and wanted one level for the condiments and one level to make the sandwiches (etc) on. Happy with how it turned out! And that it was different than pictured on the website in that it has the β€œsince 1966” on it. Was alright to put together, just lots of parts, and thankful I have petite fingers for some of the portions haha

Less than $150 and seems sturdy….well I will make the disclaimer that one of the cords for the upper shelf is too short (I swear they were the same before I put it together...lol) so I’m going to see if they’ll send me a new cord, but I don’t plan on putting anything heavy up there and it seems ok. It is kind of heavy but looking at others it seemed like a similar weight, hopefully it will be ok, seems so.

Oh, and the supplied Allen wrench does a surprisingly good job, though I'd seriously recommend having a set of handy dandy pliers and a 10mm torx wrench with you for successful completion if you want to maintain your sanity (and I need all the help I can get here haha)

Link if anyone's interested, and right now it's cheaper than when I bought it: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BG5FJ418?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I've got this same one. Watch out for the lower table rubbing the upper table edge when folded. I now have a line of missing paint. The issue is the rubber stop isn't long enough to keep the tables from rubbing when folded up.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sometimes I shouldn't be left alone in the garage. I was just gonna fix the break in one of the bumper covers up front and then no one was there to tell me to not to.... πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1000002795

Just for reference the left side one got smoked with a rock and it bugged me. So I fixed it. Then sparkle happened. That color totally looks better on my bike.... Do πŸ•Ί

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took it for a cruise to the cabin and the rough roads on last nights drive claimed my old Mono Amp… must’ve broken a solder on the board, she goes straight into protection - wasn’t even using the woofer at the time.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  May 20, 2024_6425-LR
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  May 20, 2024_6404-LR

Update: Replaced the Hifonics BRZ1200.1D with a Focal FPX1.1000. The Focal amp is 200w less… but it’s nice to know that it’ll be tough to damage the sub - Focal E30KX K2 ~820wRMS. The difference in size will really help with packaging when I build the new box/floor.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_9801
Sponsored

Last edited: