Sponsored

Visor Warning Removal - Steam - SUCCESS!

Mr. Green

Wildtrak
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ 2-door Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It shouldn't take you longer than an hour to complete this. 30mins steaming off the stickers and 30min max cleaning glue residue.

What you'll need: Steamer, 100% Acetone, and a few clean rags.

1. Remove Front and Passenger roof so steam can easily escape.
  2. Start steaming the edge of the sticker for a a few minutes on Driver or Passenger Visor.
  3. Stop steaming as to not burn yourself and pick at an edge.
  4. Continue steps 2 & 3 until you have enough slack on the sticker to grab the edge with needle nose pliers.
  5. Slowly pull and heat the sticker. The steamer should be blowing steam in between the visor and white sticky side of sticker.
  6. Slowly Twist the needle nose pliers to keep the sticker taught while slowly removing it.
  7. *DO NOT* pull hard where the visor material pulls away from the actual visor, this will ruin your visor and make the material sag.
  8. Dry your visor
  9. With a dry white rag apply rag to acetone bottle, turn upside down quickly so that very little acetone is applied to the rag.
  10. Carefully rub off the sticker residue.
  11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 until all the sticker residue is removed.
  12. Wet a fresh rag with water, wring, and wipe down visor.
  13. Repeat on Driver or Passenger visor.

Removed my Warning Decals with a steamer this past weekend, and it took about 30mins. Using pliers once you get some of the sticker off makes it a quick removal holding the steam up to it and grabbing the sticker with needle nose pliers. Be careful not to burn yourself. Eventually you will need to twist the stick around the pliers to get the stick taught, as you slowly remove it.

Next step will be to remove the sticker residue partially with steam and something to help lift the residue.

Ford Bronco Visor Warning Removal - Steam - SUCCESS! Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 4.16.23 PM

Ford Bronco Visor Warning Removal - Steam - SUCCESS! Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 4.16.23 PM

Ford Bronco Visor Warning Removal - Steam - SUCCESS! Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 4.15.59 PM

Ford Bronco Visor Warning Removal - Steam - SUCCESS! Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 4.15.52 PM

Ford Bronco Visor Warning Removal - Steam - SUCCESS! Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 4.15.41 PM
Ford Bronco Visor Warning Removal - Steam - SUCCESS! IMG_0079

Ford Bronco Visor Warning Removal - Steam - SUCCESS! IMG_0077
Sponsored

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The stickerfab stickers you can purchase to simply cover these can be put on in under a minute. I was skeptical but threw them onto my order last order. The air bubbles finished work their way out on their own within a day or two and now I don't even notice them. Wish I had done it sooner.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The stickerfab stickers you can purchase to simply cover these can be put on in under a minute. I was skeptical but threw them onto my order last order. The air bubbles finished work their way out on their own within a day or two and now I don't even notice them. Wish I had done it sooner.
I purchased the @StickerFab overlays, but have yet to install them. I wish they matched the visors a bit better, so I'm going to try the OP's solution first and keep the overlays as a backup in case I can't cleanly remove the residual adhesive. Glad there are multiple options available to us.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Talk about short people probs…

Get a booster seat and they aren’t even in your line of vision 😜

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mr. Green

Mr. Green

Wildtrak
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ 2-door Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just finished cleaning up the residue, It took me another 20mins. So 50mins of my time total, a steamer I already owned, and $5 worth of acetone. Looks perfect, and better than any sticker overlay.

OP
OP
Mr. Green

Mr. Green

Wildtrak
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ 2-door Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I purchased the @StickerFab overlays, but have yet to install them. I wish they matched the visors a bit better, so I'm going to try the OP's solution first and keep the overlays as a backup in case I can't cleanly remove the residual adhesive. Glad there are multiple options available to us.
This is a way better option. Granted it cost me slightly more time than buying stickers and sticking them on, but since I already had a steamer this project cost me $5 and 50 minutes. It works!

das

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks great. And I love the attention to detail.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a way better option. Granted it cost me slightly more time than buying stickers and sticking them on, but since I already had a steamer this project cost me $5 and 50 minutes. It works!

IMG_0077.jpeg
Looks great!

I have an excellent steamer that I use everyday, so all set! Just have to drag it downstairs, lol.

What did you use to remove the adhesive residue?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mr. Green

Mr. Green

Wildtrak
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ 2-door Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks great!

I have an excellent steamer that I use everyday, so all set! Just have to drag it downstairs, lol.

What did you use to remove the adhesive residue?
Updated the original post with a step by step guide I would check out, but to answer your question--100% acetone for $5 at Rite-Aid for 8ozs, used almost a quarter of it.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks great wish I wasn't so lazy.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updated the original post with a step by step guide I would check out, but to answer your question--100% acetone for $5 at Rite-Aid for 8ozs, used almost a quarter of it.
Excellent, thank you!

morozowm

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regal GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will be doing for sure as well! Thank you for the write up

BuckOffGA

Big Bend
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It shouldn't take you longer than an hour to complete this. 30mins steaming off the stickers and 30min max cleaning glue residue.

What you'll need: Steamer, 100% Acetone, and a few clean rags.

1. Remove Front and Passenger roof so steam can easily escape.
  2. Start steaming the edge of the sticker for a a few minutes on Driver or Passenger Visor.
  3. Stop steaming as to not burn yourself and pick at an edge.
  4. Continue steps 2 & 3 until you have enough slack on the sticker to grab the edge with needle nose pliers.
  5. Slowly pull and heat the sticker. The steamer should be blowing steam in between the visor and white sticky side of sticker.
  6. Slowly Twist the needle nose pliers to keep the sticker taught while slowly removing it.
  7. *DO NOT* pull hard where the visor material pulls away from the actual visor, this will ruin your visor and make the material sag.
  8. Dry your visor
  9. With a dry white rag apply rag to acetone bottle, turn upside down quickly so that very little acetone is applied to the rag.
  10. Carefully rub off the sticker residue.
  11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 until all the sticker residue is removed.
  12. Wet a fresh rag with water, wring, and wipe down visor.
  13. Repeat on Driver or Passenger visor.

Removed my Warning Decals with a steamer this past weekend, and it took about 30mins. Using pliers once you get some of the sticker off makes it a quick removal holding the steam up to it and grabbing the sticker with needle nose pliers. Be careful not to burn yourself. Eventually you will need to twist the stick around the pliers to get the stick taught, as you slowly remove it.

Next step will be to remove the sticker residue partially with steam and something to help lift the residue.

5 seconds with an extension cord and blow dryer on high works easier and faster with less mess.

2.jpg

4.jpg
Sponsored