Sponsored

Upgrade HOSS 3.0 to ICON Stage 5 - Worth it?

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You’re looking at $12k in parts just for the Icon Stage 5 alone. That’s 25% of what I paid for my entire Bronco.

Let’s be honest, this is not a smart move. If you’re going to drop dime like that on mods, start with a base Badlands for $10k less than a Wildtrak and you get an electronic sway bar, metal rear bumper, washout floors, etc.

Never mind the fact that your warranty just went out the window and best-case scenario is you won’t notice a difference at all in ride quality.

All of that trouble and money just for a lift and Wildtrak sticker lol.
Why would the warranty go out the window. Sure, maybe for the components that were replaced/impacted by the new parts, but everything non-suspension related would be covered.
Sponsored

Zeaks

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Wildtrak/19 FX4 Exp Max
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You’re looking at $12k in parts just for the Icon Stage 5 alone. That’s 25% of what I paid for my entire Bronco.

Let’s be honest, this is not a smart move. If you’re going to drop dime like that on mods, start with a base Badlands for $10k less than a Wildtrak and you get an electronic sway bar, metal rear bumper, washout floors, etc.

Never mind the fact that your warranty just went out the window and best-case scenario is you won’t notice a difference at all in ride quality.

All of that trouble and money just for a lift and Wildtrak sticker lol.
What’s wrong with buying a vehicle you like and then later deciding you’d like to go with a larger tire which would require some suspension to do so? Not every build needs to start as a base model. If I had plans from the start to build a Bronco for 37s I would have started with a Badlands Sasquatch, also not a very popular route on here. I may build for 37s someday with my Wildtrak, maybe not, I do like my ride, performance, and fuel mileage as is and 37s would be more for looks in my case anyway.

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What’s wrong with buying a vehicle you like and then later deciding you’d like to go with a larger tire which would require some suspension to do so? Not every build needs to start as a base model. If I had plans from the start to build a Bronco for 37s I would have started with a Badlands Sasquatch, also not a very popular route on here. I may build for 37s someday with my Wildtrak, maybe not, I do like my ride, performance, and fuel mileage as is and 37s would be more for looks in my case anyway.
Exactly true, If I had my choice, in a perfect world, etc, I wish I had a Wildtrack due to the stronger steering rack and the 4.7 gears,, GO BIG! Nothing wrong with putting 37"s and some aftermarket shocks on it!

I'd like to add that it is a true pleasure to drive my Bronco, (just got home) w/ 37"s and ICON suspension kit, with the softtop down. So Fun!

turbo_jimbo

Wildtrak
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr wildtrak, zl1 1le, navigator, other stuff
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am not a fan of the Fox shocks on my wildtrak. They're under sprung, and under valved. Put any kind of weight on them (i.e. adults in the back seat) and the rebound forgets how to work.

I'm looking more seriously at Accutune Kings, or Dobbinson's. So not impressed with factory equipped name brand parts anymore.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd like to lift my 2023 Wildtrak and add 37" tires. I want to make sure I don't jeopardize any components (I read that lifting the "wrong" way will break something) because I do off-road with a little crawling.

Is this ICON Stage 5 a great solution? What else should I be comparing to?
i mud more then anything
im running 36x12.5x17 on factory sas ...0 rub at full articulation meaty look bit louder but im also running full alpine upgrade with mti tailgate sub

IMG_2685.jpg

Sponsored

LewyOnMars

Wildtrak
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WildTrak, FJ Trail Teams
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Icon kit is nice.. but one thing you have to consider with them is that if you have any issue at all (say a missing piece .... or control arms aren't in spec and that won't actually fit), you're looking at a week or more before they'll respond to you in a meaningful way.. and then it'll be to ask more questions.. and you'll reply immediately and be looking at another couple of days before they reply again.

If you're going Icon I wouldn't do it yourself.. go through a shop and let them deal with it. They make good gear, but they don't provide speedy support (at least to individuals). That said, their support really isn't problematic beyond the timeliness thing.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seems many have some wild idea that if you don’t do it their way it’s the wrong way. Like they’ll somehow be affected by the way others choose to spend the money they earned. Such a peculiar mentality.

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before larger tires get a big brake kit from a company like Baer. With stock tires the brakes are satisfactory but could still be improved. With 37" heavy tires you will not be as safe as you were before the upgrade. Brakes are the most important performance item that you can add to a build.

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i mud more then anything
im running 36x12.5x17 on factory sas ...0 rub at full articulation meaty look bit louder but im also running full alpine upgrade with mti tailgate sub

Ford Bronco Upgrade HOSS 3.0 to ICON Stage 5 - Worth it? IMG_2685
What tire brand, and did you have to do anything with the light for the spare?

OP
OP
ralexander1211

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Before larger tires get a big brake kit from a company like Baer. With stock tires the brakes are satisfactory but could still be improved. With 37" heavy tires you will not be as safe as you were before the upgrade. Brakes are the most important performance item that you can add to a build.
Thank you. This is one thing I don't think I've read anywhere else. Time to research.

Sponsored