Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello Everyone,

Just posted another update on the Toyo Open Country R/T Trail tires. This update is on the topic of how they do in the snow and ice. Hopefully this helps anyone who's thinking about picking up a set. Enjoy!

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I went out with Toyo to for the initial release and marketing content. Very happy to say that these tires have been fantastic. I only wish they had a 38-39” version because I really am very happy with them. I logged quite a few miles before I took apart my bronco for a major build.
Ford Bronco UPDATE! Toyo Open Country R/T Trail Tires 315/70 (Snow and Ice Review) IMG_3407
Ford Bronco UPDATE! Toyo Open Country R/T Trail Tires 315/70 (Snow and Ice Review) IMG_5212
Ford Bronco UPDATE! Toyo Open Country R/T Trail Tires 315/70 (Snow and Ice Review) IMG_5210
Ford Bronco UPDATE! Toyo Open Country R/T Trail Tires 315/70 (Snow and Ice Review) IMG_5211

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My cousin swears by these on his Toyota 4Runner, and he uses them off road a lot for fishing and hunting and in the snow.

I have been very pleased with the stock KO2s on my BL in those same conditions in Montana. Low road noise, great grip in the wet, snow and ice. 20k miles on mine so far and I see no reason to change brands based on my experience so far.

My question is have you compared the KO2s with the Open Country? and if so, what are your impressions of both tires?

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t have a ton of time on the KO2 but I did drive a Badlands equipped with them at Off Roadeo and mine did come with them stock. I changed them out almost immediately for the RT Trails - but only because I was going to 35s and was having a hard time sourcing the KO2. I’m glad I did, I like both tires and have no complaints.

The KO2 seems to have tons of grip and good road manners (all my road time on it was dry but off-road I’ve had it in Virginia mud, Moab rock and sand). The RT Trail I’ve only had in dry off road conditions but have seen plenty of rainy roads and wet pavement is its only weakness so far. Definitely want to time pulling out on to a main road because if it’s wet and you try to go quickly from stop you’ll feel it want to spin.

The RT Trail -looks- great too. Just a beefy good looking tire that’s just on the right side of aggressive. And you don’t see a lot of them out there.

Sponsored

51 NonSquatch

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello Everyone,

Just posted another update on the Toyo Open Country R/T Trail tires. This update is on the topic of how they do in the snow and ice. Hopefully this helps anyone who's thinking about picking up a set. Enjoy!

Thanks for posting this Brian. I'm looking for snow/ice tires for next season. I have not been impressed with the KO2s. I think BFG just slapped the mountain snowflake on there and hoped no one would notice they suck in snow. Maybe they are good in deep powder snow bashing, I haven't done that yet, but they struggle for traction in every daily driving snow condition I've had them in. I've got the Falken AT4W's and the Toyo ATIII's high on my list for replacements, and now I'll add the R/T trails.

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How are they on wet pavement? I live on the wet side and have to drive to work, occasionally.

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went out with Toyo to for the initial release and marketing content. Very happy to say that these tires have been fantastic. I only wish they had a 38-39” version because I really am very happy with them. I logged quite a few miles before I took apart my bronco for a major build.
Ford Bronco UPDATE! Toyo Open Country R/T Trail Tires 315/70 (Snow and Ice Review) IMG_0681
Ford Bronco UPDATE! Toyo Open Country R/T Trail Tires 315/70 (Snow and Ice Review) IMG_0681
Agreed! I'm looking for a 315x11.5. WAITING!

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My cousin swears by these on his Toyota 4Runner, and he uses them off road a lot for fishing and hunting and in the snow.

I have been very pleased with the stock KO2s on my BL in those same conditions in Montana. Low road noise, great grip in the wet, snow and ice. 20k miles on mine so far and I see no reason to change brands based on my experience so far.

My question is have you compared the KO2s with the Open Country? and if so, what are your impressions of both tires?
I've never run the KO2, but with their reputation they must be good. Wish all Broncos just came with those tires :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting this Brian. I'm looking for snow/ice tires for next season. I have not been impressed with the KO2s. I think BFG just slapped the mountain snowflake on there and hoped no one would notice they suck in snow. Maybe they are good in deep powder snow bashing, I haven't done that yet, but they struggle for traction in every daily driving snow condition I've had them in. I've got the Falken AT4W's and the Toyo ATIII's high on my list for replacements, and now I'll add the R/T trails.
Very welcome. Thank you for the information.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just so people aren't confused: there is a difference between the open country R/T and these which are the R/T Trail

thanks for the video update, these are my #1 choice for my next tire, though i am waiting to see how the KO3 is received

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are they on wet pavement? I live on the wet side and have to drive to work, occasionally.
They are fine but not great on wet pavement. I make sure I don’t have to pull out from a side road too quickly and give myself more stopping time. Otherwise no complaints.

It’s worth pointing out that the RT Trail is -not- snowflake rated, if that matters to anyone.

I completely agree about road noise - only very slightly noisier than my KO2s (and that’s with the bump in size too).

As of right now, I wouldn’t hesitate to get them again.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Badlands
First Name
Inigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aren't you supposed to keep your tires more inflated in the snow / ice? Airing down doesn't make any sense.

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco UPDATE! Toyo Open Country R/T Trail Tires 315/70 (Snow and Ice Review) IMG_2725

I love my 255/80R17E Toyo Trail RT's! I got them after the first review you did on them, Brian! Keep the content going! :cool:
Sponsored