Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love my Mickey T Baja Boss all-terrains, but I definitely am having a hard time finding the sweet spot on tire pressure on my 37’s on 17” (8.5)

Took a nasty sideways rock. Heard that telltale hisssssss- Thought I’d blown the tire or bent the wheel.

Nope! Just a chunk of slate and mud got in there. Illusion of a bend, just a broken bead and an invisible wedge. Nice and muddy getting them swapped out until assessed. Glad to see they held up to such a wack!

IMG_4354.jpeg

IMG_3573.jpeg

IMG_3155.jpeg
Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Very happy so far with my Baja Legend MTs…good on road and throw snow like crazy…will see how loud they get as they wear…
Ford Bronco Top 4 Mickey Thompson Baja Tires IMG_3054

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mickey Baja Boss A/T 35's from day one when I picked up Wildtrak. Best all around tire I have had on any 4X, period. When I went to 37's, got the same tire. Never stuck, great on the highway, and surprisingly, quite quiet for the size of the openings on the tread.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve got about another 20k on my Toyo AT3 to decide between one of the Mickeys, Falken RT01 or Toyo RT. It’s a constant debate.

Sponsored

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Baja Boss ATs for me - running 265/70/17s in XL load rating. They’ve handled everything I’ve thrown at them, including a spirited run down Black Gap road at Big Bend. Great handling, solid in wet conditions, a tad noisy but to be expected with this type of tread. Nowhere near as noisy as MTs though, and very manageable. Plus - they look MEAN.

Got them at Discount Tire in Round Rock TX. Awesome service every time and the free 5-tire rotation is amazing!

Thanks for posting, they look great on those BD takeoffs. I've been hunting around for my next pair of tires and it's going to be < 33" for me due to the Bronco being my commuter.

Would you say the noise from the Baja Boss ATs is the same or worse than the OEM P255/70R18 Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S (All-Terrain A/T Tires) ? Or did you have LT265/70R17 General Grabber A/Tx (All-Terrain A/T Tires) on those BDs wheels?

Whichever, just looking for feedback.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for posting, they look great on those BD takeoffs. I've been hunting around for my next pair of tires and it's going to be < 33" for me due to the Bronco being my commuter.

Would you say the noise from the Baja Boss ATs is the same or worse than the OEM P255/70R18 Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S (All-Terrain A/T Tires) ? Or did you have LT265/70R17 General Grabber A/Tx (All-Terrain A/T Tires) on those BDs wheels?

Whichever, just looking for feedback.
The Baja Boss AT is SLIGHTLY quieter than the Grabber ATx. Edit: But the Marine Corps wrecked my hearing, especially in my left ear, so I might not be the best source for a comparison.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How loud are the MTZ’s on the road? - thanks
I think they good, no issues to me in rain, snow, etc.. Noise is not that bad, a hum not a roar, I feel they are quieter than my BFG KO2s i had 10 years ago. At about 80 they start getting a little shaky, but better as they get worn. Shop said they balanced really well, better than some 33" MTs they do. Only about 5k on them.

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Baja Boss ATs for me - running 265/70/17s in XL load rating. They’ve handled everything I’ve thrown at them, including a spirited run down Black Gap road at Big Bend. Great handling, solid in wet conditions, a tad noisy but to be expected with this type of tread. Nowhere near as noisy as MTs though, and very manageable. Plus - they look MEAN.

Got them at Discount Tire in Round Rock TX. Awesome service every time and the free 5-tire rotation is amazing!

Thank you for your support!

Sponsored

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After we installed our ADS Suspension on our Bronco, our first stop was Discount Tire to upgrade wheels and tires. We went with the Mickey Thompson Baja Legend MTZ. We absolutely love them. Tons of road miles, wheeling in Colorado and Arizona. They have been in mud, clay, sand and rocks and performed well in all.
Ford Bronco Top 4 Mickey Thompson Baja Tires IMG_6506

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Currently running Baja Boss AT 255/85R17 on my non sas BD with no lift. Being load range E they are heavy (especially mounted on ateel wheels) and a little bit rougher than the General Grabbers that came from the factory. Wet traction, mud and snow they have been great. The local rocks in NM were doing a number on the side walls of the grabbers but have had no issues with these. Definitely recommend unless you want a pavement princess that rides like a luxury car.
Ford Bronco Top 4 Mickey Thompson Baja Tires IMG_4569

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Loving the Baja Boss A/Ts that replaced the stock Goodyears. The Discount Tire Store in Rockledge,FL always treats me well. They put up with me and my complicated Icon wheels haha.

Ford Bronco Top 4 Mickey Thompson Baja Tires 428627540_396565396291975_7497971599114812775_n (1)

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mickey Thompson or General Grabber will be my next set of tires. We shall see who's on sale at the time...

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you all for your business and continued support. We are glad that the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T is delivering on your expectations. @EazyCheezy thank you for posting that awesome video! I wasn't sure it was going to make it over the top. Well done.:clap:
Sponsored