Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a dealer and wanted to look at your VHR.
Flip does the people's work. He recently helped me validate what my dealer was or was not actually doing and what to say to them to get my problems properly addressed. Seriously buddy, I owe you a case of beer. You need a tip jar at the very least.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flip does the people's work. He recently helped me validate what my dealer was or was not actually doing and what to say to them to get my problems properly addressed. Seriously buddy, I owe you a case of beer. You need a tip jar at the very least.
I second this. @flip is instrumental in supporting this community and has been very helpful to me and other members.

I wouldn't hesitate to send him your VIN via DM.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tips? Here's the tip of the week...If you're going to do a good deed, like taking care of the the lawn and overgrown landscaping of a neighbor who was just put in assisted living, wear your f'n safety glasses so you don't have to pay the stupid tax to your local ER and optometrist. IOW, no good deed goes unpunished👁

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tips? Here's the tip of the week...If you're going to do a good deed, like taking care of the the lawn and overgrown landscaping of a neighbor who was just put in assisted living, wear your f'n safety glasses so you don't have to pay the stupid tax to your local ER and optometrist. IOW, no good deed goes unpunished👁
Dang, that sucks. The other day I got hit right next to my eye by a rock cutting the yard, then dropped a skid plate bolt on my face. Both within a couple hours. Both without safety glasses on.

PSA: Wear your safety glasses! I now have about six cheap pair to choose from...

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang, that sucks. The other day I got hit right next to my eye by a rock cutting the yard, then dropped a skid plate bolt on my face. Both within a couple hours. Both without safety glasses on.

PSA: Wear your safety glasses! I now have about six cheap pair to choose from...
When I was learning to work on pinball machines and had to really learn proper soldering techniques, the funny old guy on the Youtube video about soldering said something like this:

Step 1) Put on your safety glasses
Step 2) Put on your safety glasses
Step 3) Proceed to work, you put on your glasses right?
Step 4) Proceed to get burned, hopefully not in the eyes, you still didn't put them on right?

I laughed it off, and then went after my first repair. The wire moved, the solder flicked, and burning hot solder ran down my forearm. I stopped dead in my tracks, turned everything off and went to get a pair of glasses.

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I was learning to work on pinball machines and had to really learn proper soldering techniques, the funny old guy on the Youtube video about soldering said something like this:

Step 1) Put on your safety glasses
Step 2) Put on your safety glasses
Step 3) Proceed to work, you put on your glasses right?
Step 4) Proceed to get burned, hopefully not in the eyes, you still didn't put them on right?

I laughed it off, and then went after my first repair. The wire moved, the solder flicked, and burning hot solder ran down my forearm. I stopped dead in my tracks, turned everything off and went to get a pair of glasses.
Yep. Did circuit board repair many years ago. First time I got to use a vacuum desoldering station I was quite happy. I as also a plumber for a while. Back when water lines were still mainly copper. Gimme that PVC :thumbsup:

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
More and more stuff is made in China Ford it not alone. Wait until they start dumping cheap vehicles by the millions. When you hear about Ford or GM building a battery plant, its really a foreign entity behind it like LG or Samsung. Pretty sad, the USA was once an industrial power house the envy of world. Now what?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My opinion. I bet the majority of “ back ordered parts” are really an excuse due to not having enough technicians to work the case load. There is a critical shortage of mechanics, and every other trade. Young folks want climate controlled computer based careers. The virus shutdowns caused many elder techs and trades to retire. My recent warranty and recall work has convinced me of the skilled tech shortage. This is only the beginning.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being in the construction trades and having safety jammed into us one way or another for 20 years .... I now feel naked if I don't have leather gloves, glasses and hearing protection on when I mow and weedwhip.

My how the pendulum has swung!!! LOL

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being in the construction trades and having safety jammed into us one way or another for 20 years .... I now feel naked if I don't have leather gloves, glasses and hearing protection on when I mow and weedwhip.

My how the pendulum has swung!!! LOL

And those with prescription glasses, don't forget your wings!

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I understand the importance of global commerce, but a company shouldn't tout the "Made in the USA" yet rely so heavily on products manufactured OUTSIDE of the country. Blue collar jobs have lost their appeal with the younger generation, but we could bring more jobs back to our country if our culture valued professions that don't involve a college degree. All the instances above are more reason we can't overly depend on foreign imports OR need to have better alternatives for manufacturing/transporting. Great info though and I understand where you're coming from.
I'm going to get some hate for spreading facts, but if you really want a Made in the USA vehicle, you should look into Honda or Tesla.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No
I'm going to get some hate for spreading facts, but if you really want a Made in the USA vehicle, you should look into Honda or Tesla.
No hate - the Monroney Label on each new vehicle clearly states the country of origin and % of parts used in manufacturing. We have all fixated on Blend dates, perhaps additional attention should be paid to this data too so people can make an educated and informed decision where they want to spend their $.
Sponsored