First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi there! I can look into your Bronco's shaking concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your F-150’s VIN?
Ford bot gonna bot. It’s a Bronco and we’re dealing with aftermarket tires; there’s nothing Ford is going to do about aftermarket tires.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have to do road force to take the wheel out of the equation (bent) and tell you which tire is messed up. Tires can show balance, road force uses a wheel to put pressure on the tire while it's spinning to see how pounds of upwards force is coming back through the suspension. I can run 90 with my 37" BFG KO2 without shake because they had very low road force. IMO, anything in the 35" range or small should not have a road force over 20ish. They can index tires on wheels to help bring high RF down, but if it's north of 25 after indexing, you're going to feel it. The higher the RF the worse the shake.

If we have tires and wheels eliminated, they need to hook up a vibration analyzer and figure out if it's a multi order, single, rpm and how many g. It's kinda maths at that point to determine what component is rotating at that speed (engine, wheels, driveshaft)

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a problem like this with brand new set of Nittos on my F-250. Balanced and indexed them 3 times finally did a road force balance and found 1 tire out of spec. I feel as others have mentioned on here that this could very well be the issue.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m curious, how well does your Bronco cruise on the highway? Any shaking / vibrations in the front? Mine, with 300 miles and new K03’s (285/65/18) on OBX rims, shakes so bad at 70mph that my voice sounds like I am talking through a table fan (you know…”Luke, I am your father”) dealer has balanced twice and seems to believe it’s normal, but I’ve been around the horn a few times in my life, this being my 18th vehicle and find it impossible to believe that (a) any car maker would accept this as a final result, and (b) any tire manufacturer would produce anything that made the vehicle shake so badly. BUT this is my first Bronco and first Ford in general, so have to ask the experts - you guys!!
Balance and Alignment...

OP
OP
Nc211

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I look on Hunter for where their equipment is located, I don’t see my dealership listed. So I think I found a dedicated tire shop that has road force and straight track alignment equipment and will give them a shot. If they can’t get it, then I’m back the dealership (that’s where I bought the tires, installed immediately when delivered from the factory) to discuss a warranty claim for a bad tire. The shaking is in the front only, the back is smooth as glass, and I really notice it when I slightly turn the wheel to follow the highway, say 3-4 degrees either way, which makes me believe potential alignment and/or balancing needed in different spots of the wheel. No chance of bent rim, only 300 miles on the car, all me, all smooth pavement.

Sponsored

Wathoff24

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m curious, how well does your Bronco cruise on the highway? Any shaking / vibrations in the front? Mine, with 300 miles and new K03’s (285/65/18) on OBX rims, shakes so bad at 70mph that my voice sounds like I am talking through a table fan (you know…”Luke, I am your father”) dealer has balanced twice and seems to believe it’s normal, but I’ve been around the horn a few times in my life, this being my 18th vehicle and find it impossible to believe that (a) any car maker would accept this as a final result, and (b) any tire manufacturer would produce anything that made the vehicle shake so badly. BUT this is my first Bronco and first Ford in general, so have to ask the experts - you guys!!
Outer Banks with 1000 miles. Zero issues up to 95mph even on rough hwy.

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine is fine. Sometimes I am going faster than the speed limit and don’t even realize it. Maybe the tires are defective. Anyone hit a curb? Could need an alignment. Just things I would rule out.

BroncoDave24

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'61 Falcon, '87 F150 XLT Lariat 5.0, '01 F350 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had read so many complaints on here about "Rough Ride" and "Wind Noise" after I ordered mine I was concerned. Now that I have it and have driven it, I couldn't be happier! Wind noise is a non-issue. Mine is very quiet (MIC Hard Top). While you do feel road imperfections, with the suspension it has, I consider it to be a great ride. On a smooth road the ride is excellent. I am really surprised at how it floats along on the interstate at 60 - 80. No tire mods here. You must have a wheel/tire issue of some sort. Best of luck in finding the remedy.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My ‘23 Sasquatch is smooth as silk at all speeds, on the factory Goodyears and original balance from the factory as well. Sounds like you’ve changed at least tires and rims, I’d suspect a bad tire or bent rim to start with.

STuff1

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2 DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Two 2023 wildtraks I owned had this issue. Though it was with the stock tires. I switched to some Bridgestone ATs and that fixed the issue, well 98% of it. What irked me was that two dealers tried to tell me it was normal. My wheel vibrated badly between 40-70 and the dealers said “normal”. I’ve owned maybe 30 cars in my life and never had this happen. The new tires just the other day started a very slight vibration. At this point I’m considering moving back to jeep, which I drove for the last 25 years or so.

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

KO2s are notorious for bad balance.

General rule:
If you have a steering wheel shake, it is the front end.

If your seats shake (Headrest, feel it in seat bottom), it is the rear end.

Onestepmore

Badlands
First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whoever is balancing your tires at the dealer doesn't know what he is doing...go to Dobb's Tire Center (if you have one) and get them balanced right...or keep taking it back to the dealer and aggravate them to death. Mine rides like a Cadillac too at 80 MPH and more.

Zmanbw

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Denali, Corvette, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Have to do road force to take the wheel out of the equation (bent) and tell you which tire is messed up. Tires can show balance, road force uses a wheel to put pressure on the tire while it's spinning to see how pounds of upwards force is coming back through the suspension. I can run 90 with my 37" BFG KO2 without shake because they had very low road force. IMO, anything in the 35" range or small should not have a road force over 20ish. They can index tires on wheels to help bring high RF down, but if it's north of 25 after indexing, you're going to feel it. The higher the RF the worse the shake.

If we have tires and wheels eliminated, they need to hook up a vibration analyzer and figure out if it's a multi order, single, rpm and how many g. It's kinda maths at that point to determine what component is rotating at that speed (engine, wheels, driveshaft)
^ This

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 24 RSQ8 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine did it until I had Discount tire balance them.... then all was well. The dealer couldn't do it right. But.... you may have to have them re-balance them semi often.... and if that does not work.... it's the front end works... then warranty time.

OP
OP
Nc211

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok so took the car to a shop that Hunter's website shows the equipment. 3 of the 4 tires needed road force and were re-mounted. Of the 3, two are showing scores of 19 and 21. And one is showing 34 as the best they can get it. Took it for a drive and while much better, it's still shaking at 70-80mph range. Up to 70, it's fine, after 80 it's fine. So going to try to road force the spare and swap that one to the one showing 34 tomorrow.

I went by the dealership as well, and they said they too road forced the tires and had them down to a 4 and 5 rating. Is that even possible? I'm not sure we're talking about the same equipment if they did? If what they're telling me is accurate, then the shaking can't be the tires, it has to be a problem with the car itself. But not sure how the other shop, at 20 scoring road force, could make it ride much smoother...

The toe was out as well and needed alignment.

I don't know... what are your thoughts guys? Wondering if I need to pull the trigger on the 60 day satisfaction guaranty from BFG and switch out to the tried & true K02's instead? Or perhaps drop down to the C load BFG Trail Terrain at 275/65 instead of the 285/65 I have now?
Sponsored