First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Right now the Bureau of Land Management is trying to close a bunch of our favorite trails! We have a chance to let them know we don’t want them to close! You have until October 7 to help! Protect access to our trails! Visit www.RR4W.com to find ways to help. There’s a link to leave a comment or send a letter to let them know we want to protect our trails!
Thank you for helping!

moab.jpg
Sponsored

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the link

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'm in but, just like the ATF, they do what they want regardless of how pissed the public gets because they know whats good for us

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve seen a few threads in this over the last few weeks. Seems like a lot of people are externalizing an anger towards the BLM instead of looking at why they’re talking about closing trails.

UTVS tearing up roads and a huge amount of people treating the land like a dumpster.

If we want to keep this land accessible, then the off-road community needs to look inwards and actively fight to curb the assholes from ruining things for us.

Because, frankly, with the current treatment of this land I completely understand why the BLM is considering closing it to the public.

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve seen a few threads in this over the last few weeks. Seems like a lot of people are externalizing an anger towards the BLM instead of looking at why they’re talking about closing trails.

UTVS tearing up roads and a huge amount of people treating the land like a dumpster.

If we want to keep this land accessible, then the off-road community needs to look inwards and actively fight to curb the assholes from ruining things for us.

Because, frankly, with the current treatment of this land I completely understand why the BLM is considering closing it to the public.
UTVs are huge problem on trails in NM, too. Super deep ruts and new "trails" created by their off-trail excursions (often straight up very steep hills) lead to erosion that washes out the regular trails. These trails are not purely for off-road enjoyment, but are often the only trails allowing access to GET SOMEWHERE.

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'm in but, just like the ATF, they do what they want regardless of how pissed the public gets because they know whats good for us
careful to not get banned for opposition opinion.....lol

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
UTVs are huge problem on trails in NM, too. Super deep ruts and new "trails" created by their off-trail excursions (often straight up very steep hills) lead to erosion that washes out the regular trails. These trails are not purely for off-road enjoyment, but are often the only trails allowing access to GET SOMEWHERE.
I'm from NY and the rule with beaches was always, "you're allowed off the sand, but the dunes are protected. Stay off the dunes."

So what did assholes do? They raced up the dunes and parked on top them of them for pictures. Before I moved, the state had already started closing access to a lot of great fishing beeches.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are always those who screw up public land for the rest of us but this Moab action is not because of the BLM but:
The reasons that this area is being examined is because of a court settlement. On May 31, 2017 a settlement agreement was reached in the case titled Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance, et al.v U.S Department of the Interior, et al..
SUWA includes Sierra Club...

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are always those who screw up public land for the rest of us but this Moab action is not because of the BLM but:

SUWA includes Sierra Club...
ok so I'm trying to read into this, but unsensationalized news is hard to find through the bevy of 4x4 websites posting about it.

Here's what I'm piecing together:

The Dept of Interior explored setting aside more federal land for oil and gas production. This triggered lawsuits from environmental groups who wanted the land to be continued in its use as lowly regulated preserves. A consequence of those court decisions is the BLM seeking to close off the land entirely to public access and treat it fully as a reserve.

Is that accurate?

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ok so I'm trying to read into this, but unsensationalized news is hard to find through the bevy of 4x4 websites posting about it.

Here's what I'm piecing together:

The Dept of Interior explored setting aside more federal land for oil and gas production. This triggered lawsuits from environmental groups who wanted the land to be continued in its use as lowly regulated preserves. A consequence of those court decisions is the BLM seeking to close off the land entirely to public access and treat it fully as a reserve.

Is that accurate?
I don't know the full backstory but I skimmed through the (very long) settlement terms and it basically said BLM needs to eliminate roads to nowhere and redundant roads which lead to the same point of interest. In other words, driving off-road purely for the sake of the drive no longer appears to be a valid form of recreation 💩

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unfortunately this is true. The government has grown beyond where it ever should have been.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It would have helped if this had been posted more than the day before the deadline.

They're not looking to change the White Rim Trail or the road to Tower Arch in the two national parks in the area, are they?

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It would have helped if this had been posted more than the day before the deadline.

They're not looking to change the White Rim Trail or the road to Tower Arch in the two national parks in the area, are they?
They extended it to the 21st I believe.