First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They won’t stop until every trail is closed to motorized recreation. The last Easter Jeep Safari I attended with my FSB was in 2000, and the Sierra Club et all were on the same warpath then as now, and all we ever do is lose access. Can’t someone file some sort of Americans with Disabilities Act type action for trail access to keep things open?
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve seen a few threads in this over the last few weeks. Seems like a lot of people are externalizing an anger towards the BLM instead of looking at why they’re talking about closing trails.

UTVS tearing up roads and a huge amount of people treating the land like a dumpster.

If we want to keep this land accessible, then the off-road community needs to look inwards and actively fight to curb the assholes from ruining things for us.

Because, frankly, with the current treatment of this land I completely understand why the BLM is considering closing it to the public.
I am old school so the the rule was-and is-leave the place that you drive to or camp in better and cleaner than you found it-no exceptions, no excuses. I noticed that there were references in the Guide to Moab,UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails guide about areas and trails that were being destroyed by off roaders that were abusive and disrespectful. I do not believe that the BLM or any other government agency is all-powerful. Rather, folks that intend to engage them must do so from a position of strength derived from respected reputation. We should be our own harshest critics of those who, by virtue of selfish use of public lands, play into the hands of Washington politicians and bureaucratic administrators.

Reactions: abe