UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Now that the 5.2 is available as a crate engine can someone please give me suggestions/constructive criticism.

Note: I did not get a Raptor R as I like SUVs better and Bronco has better approach/departure angle, aftermarket part supply (debatable) and looks more unique. I wish Ford RR looked different than Ford Raptor (difference 2 negligible for average person to be notice).

Any way how much things would have to be updated/changes for the 5.2 swap to work. What kind of exterior, interior, frame, exhaust, ECU, suspension mods etc would have to be completed. I want it done properly and not just stick a large engine in (like bodybuilders with small legs and massive upper body this would look and perform below par).

I want the thing as close to Raptor R OEM performance as possible in all aspects of the vehicle, not just the engine.

Anyone know a reputable shop with hands on experience that could perform such a task in North America (CAN, USA, MEX) and ball park price when all said/done (thinking over 75k USD easily)

Thanks!
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There another thread here where a user has been trying to get this mod done on his own.

The biggest hurdle is getting the engine/trans/electronics to all play nice together with no lights on the dash

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Now that the 5.2 is available as a crate engine can someone please give me suggestions/constructive criticism.

Note: I did not get a Raptor R as I like SUVs better and Bronco has better approach/departure angle, aftermarket part supply (debatable) and looks more unique. I wish Ford RR looked different than Ford Raptor (difference 2 negligible for average person to be notice).

Any way how much things would have to be updated/changes for the 5.2 swap to work. What kind of exterior, interior, frame, exhaust, ECU, suspension mods etc would have to be completed. I want it done properly and not just stick a large engine in (like bodybuilders with small legs and massive upper body this would look and perform below par).

I want the thing as close to Raptor R OEM performance as possible in all aspects of the vehicle, not just the engine.

Anyone know a reputable shop with hands on experience that could perform such a task in North America (CAN, USA, MEX) and ball park price when all said/done (thinking over 75k USD easily)

Thanks!
Wiring would be a nightmare. The one Coyote swap completely failed because of that and it wasn’t even a Predator into a BRaptor. It would be awesome if you could get it done, but nobody will be able to tell you how to do it because it has never and may never be done.

Sponsored
OP
OP
UniBroncorn

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wiring would be a nightmare. The one Coyote swap completely failed because of that and it wasn’t even a Predator into a BRaptor. It would be awesome if you could get it done, but nobody will be able to tell you how to do it because it has never and may never be done.
I see that ford is actively promoting the Bronco DR on their socials. The driver stated that DR is being tested and evaluated constantly. Wondering if this isn't just for the race but so that the V8 could trickle into future Bronco. If not, I'm sure some stuff like multimatic suspension will make it to ford as an option eventually.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No one has done it successfully yet. As others mentioned, the issue is getting all the electronics to play nice and that is where the issue is. There was a shop working on a coyote swap. They were working on it for almost a year before everything on their channels went radio silent, and now no updates in almost a year and half.

There is a shop in Australia that swaps Coyote's into rangers. It took them 18 months to figure out the electronics. I am sure someone will eventually figure it out, but right now that's the part that hasn't been figured out yet. I mean the bronco has been out for 3 years now, and not one swap has been done yet. That leads me to believe it's one of two things.

1. The electronics part of it can't/hasn't been cracked yet.

2. It's one of those things that to get it working right is just way to expensive for a shop to see as feasible.

Not saying it's impossible, just one of those things that to get it working correctly (IE the way the OP wants) is going to cost a lot of money and lot of time.

OP
OP
UniBroncorn

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No one has done it successfully yet. As others mentioned, the issue is getting all the electronics to play nice and that is where the issue is. There was a shop working on a coyote swap. They were working on it for almost a year before everything on their channels went radio silent, and now no updates in almost a year and half.

There is a shop in Australia that swaps Coyote's into rangers. It took them 18 months to figure out the electronics. I am sure someone will eventually figure it out, but right now that's the part that hasn't been figured out yet. I mean the bronco has been out for 3 years now, and not one swap has been done yet. That leads me to believe it's one of two things.

1. The electronics part of it can't/hasn't been cracked yet.

2. It's one of those things that to get it working right is just way to expensive for a shop to see as feasible.

Not saying it's impossible, just one of those things that to get it working correctly (IE the way the OP wants) is going to cost a lot of money and lot of time.
Yeah, no point in doing it if it does not work as intended.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Thanks!
The only one that I know of that is drivable, was off a standard bronco and very little of the original bronco was kept...Loren Healy's El Bandito.

It might be cheaper to buy a Raptor R and chop the frame and get custom fiberglass made to resemble the Bronco.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
UniBroncorn

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The only one that I know of that is drivable, was off a standard bronco and very little of the original bronco was kept...Loren Healy's El Bandito.

It might be cheaper to buy a Raptor R and chop the frame and get custom fiberglass made to resemble the Bronco.

Yes, I agree would be cheaper to get an R but do not want to do any frame chop as it is illegal in Canada and won't pass insurance. I think V8 swap with all other appropriate parts/upgrades will. Also would be awesome to have Bronco Raptor with 5.2 from factory!

Max1h

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-150, 1968 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If i recall Kibbetech did alot ot the work on Lorens Bronco truck, so that may be a good place to start. Great shop in California, make quility stuff. That is where i would start.

https://www.kibbetech.com/

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a thought, but at Rednecks w/Paychecks there was a Ford Shelby mega truck. I mean, like a monster truck. I wonder if Shelby would do it? Probably be really expensive, but maybe...

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've put a lot of research in time into this and it's totally doable and all the electrical doohickeys and Wizardry can be figured out pretty easily the biggest hurdle is the initial cost.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've put a lot of research in time into this and it's totally doable and all the electrical doohickeys and Wizardry can be figured out pretty easily the biggest hurdle is the initial cost.
APG said they will be attempting it as well. I think they are doing a coyote though
Sponsored