Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dad Fantasy: "I can take these rocks. Watch this kids!"

Wife Reality: "If that jackass gets stuck on those rocks on the way home from the store for the 14th time, we're getting a divorce."

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gazza

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

“It's not an adventure until something goes wrong.” -Yvon Chouinard. Oct 31, 2012

"If it hasn't gone wrong you're not doing something right. " -Gazza. August 17, 2023

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fair point, I guess everyone's interpretation of tread lightly is different. But in my experience a foot and a half deviation leads to another guys foot and a half which leads to another guys foot and a half and the problem escalates. Seems more worth while finding actual trail obstacles. 🤷‍♂️
And then the landowner says, "I've had enough!" and closes the trail.
Sounds like a tyrannical government problem.
Plenty of private landowners have done the same. The land isn't ours to do what we want with it. We either obey the rules or live with the consequences.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Plenty of private landowners have done the same. The land isn't ours to do what we want with it. We either obey the rules or live with the consequences.
Private land? They can do whatever they want with their land. I'm strictly speaking about public lands and parks.

I don't know why you're even on a bronco forum when it sounds like you hate 4x4ing.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And then folks will complain when the forest service closes the entire area.
BLM is trash. They will close rec areas just to spite us regardless of what we do. Remeber the recent Utah sand hollow fiasco?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Private land? They can do whatever they want with their land. I'm strictly speaking about public lands and parks.

I don't know why you're even on a bronco forum when it sounds like you hate 4x4ing.
I love off-roading. I just don't think I'm entitled to do whatever I want wherever I want. I respect what I am asked to do and have plenty of enjoyment. I think the problem must be that off-roading sucks so bad where you are that you have to make your own trails. :ROFLMAO: Come to Utah where there are plenty of trails and we don't need to make more.

Sponsored

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love off-roading. I just don't think I'm entitled to do whatever I want wherever I want. I respect what I am asked to do and have plenty of enjoyment. I think the problem must be that off-roading sucks so bad where you are that you have to make your own trails. :ROFLMAO: Come to Utah where there are plenty of trails and we don't need to make more.
There will only be plenty of trails if we fight the trash BLM to keep them.... don't take these accesses for granted. They are your lands, you pay for them, you have a right to use them regardless of what beurocrats 2000 miles away think.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ne-help-to-save-some-land.69045/#post-1850704

Bronco Master

Base
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base, 2017 Ford Superduty F-250 STX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

take that jeep

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...when your idea of a lift is adding larger tires!

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dad Fantasy: "I can take these rocks. Watch this kids!"

Wife Reality: "If that jackass gets stuck on those rocks on the way home from the store for the 14th time, we're getting a divorce."

Getting stuck is half the fun. Not wheeling hard enough if the straps/winch never get used. The parts of our trips that everyone remembers and talks about are the difficulties. Driver was just looking for adventure!
Sponsored