First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are being dishonest. You wanted replacements.
1703776973188.png

Just let everyone know your IG handle so they can unfollow you.
Lftd_bronco there ya go and I was wanting to give them a chance I have now put my stocks back on I had been messaging them since thw 12th no ones being dishonest if I'm literally posting the messages don't you think I would of deleted that I posted all this to simply let them know what was happening with them and to see if that's something thays been happening like I said it could of ended very badly
I'm thinking there's two sides to this story, as there usually is. That's why I tagged @Mabett - I don't think we can or should play judge and jury here as we're getting one piece of the situation. I'm not saying the OP is at fault here, I just think it's unfair for one side - Especially with a vendor that seems to be attentive to fixing issues and responding quite quickly on B6G to the community.

For the record, I only have the centre console organizer from them, so I'm not a big customer of theirs or anything - Just basing my comment off what I see on B6G.
Totally understand
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking there's two sides to this story, as there usually is. That's why I tagged @Mabett - I don't think we can or should play judge and jury here as we're getting on piece of the situation. I'm not saying the OP is at fault here, I just think it's unfair for one side - Especially with a vendor that seems to be attentive to fixing issues and responding quite quickly on B6G to the community.

For the record, I only have the centre console organizer from them, so I'm not a big customer of theirs or anything - Just basing my comment off what I see on B6G.
There's a reason I don't consider myself a good early adopter. I like things to work and get irrationally upset when they don't! lol Really, early adoption is synonymous with extended testing. Who knows the truth yet, since there's not been an effort to understand the failure AFAICT.

I'm more interested in that than that they failed. I just don't want to be the one in the catbird seat unless I'm the developer.

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Gotta love the replies in this thread defending a company for handing out defective products.

I hope y'all know that a 'sponsorship' is not free, and advertising is definitely a form of payment.

I'm seeing a Mabett tail light catch fire on my screen right now, and my first thought isn't "oh, he got it for free, so who cares." My first thought is that Mabett tail lights can catch fire, and that they're not gonna respond to you when you inevitably confront them about it.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a reason I don't consider myself a good early adopter. I like things to work and get irrationally upset when they don't! lol Really, early adoption is synonymous with extended testing. Who knows the truth yet, since there's not been an effort to understand the failure AFAICT.

I'm more interested in that than that they failed. I just don't want to be the one in the catbird seat unless I'm the developer.
Did you buy a 2021/2022 Bronco? If so, your argument is invalid.

Just kidding ;)

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lftd_bronco there ya go and I was wanting to give them a chance I have now put my stocks back on I had been messaging them since thw 12th no ones being dishonest if I'm literally posting the messages don't you think I would of deleted that I posted all this to simply let them know what was happening with them and to see if that's something thays been happening like I said it could of ended very badly
I quoted your post in my response so that you don't go back and edit your word choice. You said you didn't want anything except for a response. That was not true. I provided a screenshot of your messages stating that you wanted replacements. Saying you only wanted a response is being dishonest. You wanted replacements.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LFTD BRONCO

LFTD BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotta love the replies in this thread defending a company for handing out defective products.

I hope y'all know that a 'sponsorship' is not free, and advertising is definitely a form of payment.

I'm seeing a Mabett tail light catch fire on my screen right now, and my first thought isn't "oh, he got it for free, so who cares." My first thought is that Mabett tail lights can catch fire, and that they're not gonna respond to you when you inevitably confront them about it.
Thank you very much this is exactly what I'm trying to explain my bronco has a wide body on it and I literally had to pull apart the fender on the highway to get to tail light I didn't know at the time it was only smoking when Internally when I applied the brake it was a scary time for me and my son

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you buy a 2021/2022 Bronco? If so, your argument is invalid.

Just kidding ;)
Well, I did try (Yoda would NOT be proud) to get a 2021 and a 2022, but serendipity shined on me and I got a 2023 for 2021 price. She then kicked me in the chestnuts and gave the HD steering to the 2024 BLs, so I don't feel blessed so much as ah, well...

Y'know, I had many many convos with my salesman about how "I'd rather they just get it right" since my original order was prompted by some imbibing late at night after talking to my brother about his custom Waggoneer order. "Just reserve it!" the tiny brain said. "It'll be awesome!" :whistle: 😁

And it has been, mostly. I just hate dislike the sun visors, and the wobbly windows.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not about defending a sponsor. I don't care who the manufacturer is. OP is operating under the premise that vendors send him free products for reviews. If they don't send replacements, then the veiled threat is that his followers will repost and share his experience.

It is the "influencer" expectation to continue to receive free products or "else". Just post an honest review. Don't expect future free shit.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you very much this is exactly what I'm trying to explain my bronco has a wide body on it and I literally had to pull apart the fender on the highway to get to tail light I didn't know at the time it was only smoking when Internally when I applied the brake it was a scary time for me and my son
I would say most people are in your camp if the product did start to smoke like that - I'm glad you and your son and Bronco are all ok.

However, I think the approach of calling out @Mabett and providing screenshots, while calling for a response and that's all, but you seem to be wanting a replacement too, are conflicting messages. You either want a response from the vendor looking for it to be resolved for future batches if there's an issue, or you want your item replaced.

Nobody here would say a faulty item like that is "ok" - We don't know if it could have been a wiring issue during installation or if it's the product itself, or some other 3rd thing. We're not here to judge that.

Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Well, we also know that Mabett stuff isn't all theirs... Just like IAG I-Line, they are some rebranded items.

And there will always be defects... How many "My Bronco just died...", "2.7 engine done..." threads do we have here? Do you still own a Bronco?

Anyway, I've had these taillights on for awhile and no issues... Yet (as I also have a 2.7 engine...) 🤞.

Mabett does provide great customer service... Something Ford could learn from. 😅

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not about defending a sponsor. I don't care who the manufacturer is. OP is operating under the premise that vendors send him free products for reviews. If they don't send replacements, then the veiled threat is that his followers will repost and share his experience.

It is the "influencer" expectation to continue to receive free products or "else". Just post an honest review. Don't expect future free shit.
Yeah, no. You're intentionally misinterpreting this with ill intent. He likely wants a replacement product because he obviously got a faulty example at first. If he gets a properly working replacement product, he's going to review that properly working replacement product, rather than the faulty example he first had.

If he doesn't get a replacement product and doesn't even get a response, chances are his fanbase aren't going to either, so he's going to mention that in his review. You couldn't have considered that at all? Or do you just magically believe it's the guy with the burning Bronco that's the thief, and not the company that gave him a faulty product and won't bother rectifying their mistake?

OP
OP
LFTD BRONCO

LFTD BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I quoted your post in my response so that you don't go back and edit your word choice. You said you didn't want anything except for a response. That was not true. I provided a screenshot of your messages stating that you wanted replacements. Saying you only wanted a response is being dishonest. You wanted replacements.
I don't need to edit anything I put in the post what did they want to me to do ya i did want a replacement to retest the product but after no communication I did put my stocks back on and since they went silent after letting them know it caught fire I was sending them messages just to grt a response but again thanks

OP
OP
LFTD BRONCO

LFTD BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say most people are in your camp if the product did start to smoke like that - I'm glad you and your son and Bronco are all ok.

However, I think the approach of calling out @Mabett and providing screenshots, while calling for a response and that's all, but you seem to be wanting a replacement too, are conflicting messages. You either want a response from the vendor looking for it to be resolved for future batches if there's an issue, or you want your item replaced.

Nobody here would say a faulty item like that is "ok" - We don't know if it could have been a wiring issue during installation or if it's the product itself, or some other 3rd thing. We're not here to judge that.
I have the led taillights so it's just a plug in and the smoking is coming from inside the twilight itself I was trying to get a replacement to see if it was a issue with just that light but the day I told them it caught fire is the day they went silent and I never heard from them anymore so I was sending message after message to try getting a simple reply

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is something that has bugged me about Mabett and other cheap offshore products for a while. I don't worry at all about stuff like speaker pods, storage trays, and stuff like that. But when it comes to electrical parts, I'm getting extremely leery.

The electrical products are not high quality. For example, you'll find no TXL, GXL, etc. wiring. It's low-end stuff. And some of the products have known issues, like the interior lights that do weird things, fog lights that flicker, etc. I'm not "bashing" them per se -- you only get what you pay for. But I'm also beginning to think that if you buy and install this stuff, and have gremlins, fires, or whatnot, you shouldn't be totally surprised.

I remember when Mabett had to stop selling the rear lights that were white (illegal) running lights, because they didn't read up on the 50-state laws.

I bought the interior light kit from Mabett months ago and haven't installed it. At this point I won't.
Sponsored