Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes they would have to say it’s CARB Pending, which is what Ford will likely advertise if the CARB exemption has not been issued yet.
So you're saying it should show up anyways, if they're getting ready to release elsewhere?
Sponsored

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So you're saying it should show up anyways, if they're getting ready to release elsewhere?
No it may not officially show up on the website yet until the exemption number is granted, but there would be some kind of form or proof of CARB exemption pending from Ford in order to sell it. If you were to ever get pulled over or potentially cited for having a part installed on your vehicle that would be claimed to be “For Off Road Use Only”, you would have to have something that shows the item is CARB-Pending if there’s no official CARB exemption tag placed in the vehicle’s engine compartment for the installed product (ie, air intake, tune, supercharger, etc.).

Last edited:

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It would be nice if the tune also allows you to disable the double honk and A/S/S.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No it may not officially show up on the website yet until the exemption number is granted, but there would be some kind of form or proof of CARB exemption pending from Ford in order to sell it.
I don't think I have ever seen SVO/Ford Motorsport/FRPP/FP/Ford Motor Company ever sell a part that needed an exemption part number prior to it being granted so I don't think anyone would have a given part in-hand prior to certification.

I've kept an eye on CARB's site regarding any Bronco Raptor "tune" from Ford, nothing to date. Today is 6/26/24 and the last new EO number listed was on 6/10/24.

Ford Bronco OFFICIAL - BRONCO RAPTOR PROCAL 3.0L ProCal Tune COMING JULY 2024 [FORD PERFORMANCE] dddd.JPG

Interesting that the latest Ford EO's were for "Ford Motor Company." Last one for "Ford Performance Parts" was in 2021. The testing complexity as of late may necessitate the mother ship to handle it, not sure.

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/applications/aftermarket-parts-database

Last edited:

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't think I have ever seen SVO/Ford Motorsport/FRPP/FP/Ford Motor Company ever sell a part that needed an exemption part number prior to it being granted so I'm don't think anyone would have a given part in-hand prior to certification.

I've kept an eye on CARB's site regarding any Bronco Raptor "tune" from Ford, nothing to date. Today is 6/26/24 and the last new EO number listed was on 6/10/24.

Ford Bronco OFFICIAL - BRONCO RAPTOR PROCAL 3.0L ProCal Tune COMING JULY 2024 [FORD PERFORMANCE] dddd.JPG

Interesting that the latest Ford EO's were for "Ford Motor Company." Last one for "Ford Performance Parts" was in 2021. The testing complexity as of late may necessitate the mother ship to handle it, not sure.

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/applications/aftermarket-parts-database
And that very well may be the case as I don’t know how Ford operates. If the 2.3L was released prior to the EO showing up on the CARB website as someone mentioned, then it could very well be that there’s some latency between the exemption and when it’s made public (although I can’t imagine why this would be the case). We will find out soon enough.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Performance Tunes disables the Auto Stop/Start. It's off by default after the tune, I think you have to manually turn it back on. My ASS has been off since I did my tune.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And that very well may be the case as I don’t know how Ford operates. If the 2.3L was released prior to the EO showing up on the CARB website as someone mentioned, then it could very well be that there’s some latency between the exemption and when it’s made public (although I can’t imagine why this would be the case). We will find out soon enough.
Here's a post from @LethalPerformance where they state the 49 state availability, I think CARB for 2.3/2.7 came out in August?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ion-for-the-2023-ecoboost.70731/#post-1881504

2023 MY cals for the 2.3L and 2.7L Broncos are now available for 49 states. Carb for Cali is pending. Once that's approved we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Sponsored

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

/
$1,000 for <40hp & <40ftlbs?

doubt you will feel that in the seat of the pants…
Yeah, it better be a minimum of those gains for that price. If it falls short of that, it might be a pass for me.

Last edited:

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This actually confirmed releasing next week or more smoke and mirrors from FORD?

They've lost a lot of potential sales already to competitors as they dragged their feet on this.

Are these units still dealer install only? Also can they change calibrations to match larger tires like the Whipple does?

TIA

🍿🐇

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

According to another member posted in the other thread on this topic:

According to Ford Performance support as of today, loose ETA is August and by the end of July they will have part#, specs, and specific release date available. Adding a comment from the support agent below.

I know this point last year, we couldn't even comment if engineering were creating one, at least we know it is happening, however, the emissions testing has been increasingly difficult each year that passes, which is why they have not really released too much information at this time
Sponsored