Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wheeling in 4l, no issues.

Got into some mud, had the front and rear locked due to conditions, one tire was stuck on a log, buried in mud causing me
To Have to bump it a bit.

After giving a little gas and spinning the tires, doubt more than 3k, tires Were spinning and I let off the gas to back up, and It made a banging noise. Enough my kid was like, what was that. Maybe the difference in each wheel stopping due to one in the mud one on a log? Idk. Seemed odd-

Got out, after backing up and giving it the beans a few times but, no sound, no noises and cont in 4 lo. After turning lockers off with no issues, was this just the lockers doing thing bc of the wheel spin, or?

Never heard it before, but never was stuck enough felt front and rear lockers were neeeded, nothing seems off shifting, going back to 2w. And then going back to 4. Using lockers on/off etc
Sponsored

Last edited:

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Braptor, ‘71 Highboy F250, ‘54 Willys
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m unclear on your situation. Did you say “stuck on & mud”? is your login?

Last edited:

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does “the log in and stuck on in mud” mean?

OP
OP
Combustion_King

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry guys, I was in the woods, and iPhone typing and not re -reading. I edited the post.

I’ve only noticed the noise with locked diffs. And only if spinning then letting off.

I used my lockers again later on and had no issues, noises etc. but I wasn’t stuck.

Would it be caused if say one wheel stopped earlier than the other bc one was in the mud and one has the log up against it?

“I was only giving it a little gas” is roughly the same as “really officer, I only had 2 beers.”
Normally I’d agree with a whiskey throttle statement. However the Bronco doesn’t get beat like my ATV does 😂😂

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So. I've had a similar experience in deep snow. Low range, front and rear locked, and one hell of a bang. Felt and sounded like something broke.

This was 2 winters ago now... and I've never figured out what it was. I've inspected everything. Used the lockers since. Everything still works right, no issues with any 4wd components. No clue.

OP
OP
Combustion_King

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So. I've had a similar experience in deep snow. Low range, front and rear locked, and one hell of a bang. Felt and sounded like something broke.

This was 2 winters ago now... and I've never figured out what it was. I've inspected everything. Used the lockers since. Everything still works right, no issues with any 4wd components. No clue.
Right, it weird. And loud. My kid even asked what is was. I changed the fluids and it’s a heavy weigh also. So no idea.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was wheeling in 4l, no issues.

Got into some mud, had the front and rear locked due to conditions, one tire was stuck on a log, buried in mud causing me
To Have to bump it a bit.

After giving a little gas and spinning the tires, doubt more than 3k, tires Were spinning and I let off the gas to back up, and It made a banging noise. Enough my kid was like, what was that. Maybe the difference in each wheel stopping due to one in the mud one on a log? Idk. Seemed odd-

Got out, after backing up and giving it the beans a few times but, no sound, no noises and cont in 4 lo. After turning lockers off with no issues, was this just the lockers doing thing bc of the wheel spin, or?

Never heard it before, but never was stuck enough felt front and rear lockers were neeeded, nothing seems off shifting, going back to 2w. And then going back to 4. Using lockers on/off etc
Drivetrain may have been bound up by some wheels having traction, all being locked together and trying to rotate independently. It was probably normal.

OP
OP
Combustion_King

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drivetrain may have been bound up by some wheels having traction, all being locked together and trying to rotate independently. It was probably normal.
kinds what was thinking, and hoping. I went out today used front and rear locker doing a rocky washout and no noise
Sponsored