Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one mentioned doing a DIY 4-tire setup? I'm going that route because I can do it for less than half the price. The hardest part (for me) was finding the correct adapter for the Asian type connector on the compressor, as I wanted to keep the stock hose intact and usable for a single-tire use or for inflating other objects.
SH20 (barbed) or SF20 (female threads) for those that wonder.

Screenshot_20240625-132807.jpg
Sponsored

SeptuagenerianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're using the Thors Lightning Molle thing that goes in the window/rear roll bar? How did you run power to it?
The full kit comes with heavy 500A cable. From the fusebox behind the battery, my installer (a dealer tech on his own time), ran the cable to the top of the firewall, then over to the passenger side, securing it with zipties. He then dropped it to the chassis, running it (with zipties) under the truck to the right-rear well. He pulled open the interior panels around the "B" column, and brought it up to and through the little shelf at the bottom of the right-rear window. He might have drilled the entry point, not sure.
For me, he installed a small shut-off remote between its entry by the window and the compressor, screwing it to the shelf right behind the "B" column, then connected it to the compressor itself.
I like the recently available auto-shutoff, and would probably spring for it if I were buying now. But the remote shut-off is very handy and meets my needs. After I connect my hoses, I turn the compressor switch "on," then go to the driver's seat and turn the engine on. Then I turn the remote "on," and the compressor airs up all four tires, while I monitor the psi on the dash. When I hit my target psi, I shut it off, recover and stow my hoses and make sure that I return the compressor's switch to the "off" position.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The full kit comes with heavy 500A cable. From the fusebox behind the battery, my installer (a dealer tech on his own time), ran the cable to the top of the firewall, then over to the passenger side, securing it with zipties. He then dropped it to the chassis, running it (with zipties) under the truck to the right-rear well. He pulled open the interior panels around the "B" column, and brought it up to and through the little shelf at the bottom of the right-rear window. He might have drilled the entry point, not sure.
For me, he installed a small shut-off remote between its entry by the window and the compressor, screwing it to the shelf right behind the "B" column, then connected it to the compressor itself.
I like the recently available auto-shutoff, and would probably spring for it if I were buying now. But the remote shut-off is very handy and meets my needs. After I connect my hoses, I turn the compressor switch "on," then go to the driver's seat and turn the engine on. Then I turn the remote "on," and the compressor airs up all four tires, while I monitor the psi on the dash. When I hit my target psi, I shut it off, recover and stow my hoses and make sure that I return the compressor's switch to the "off" position.
Sounds like a nice setup!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got the MORRFlate TenSix™ PSI Pro™ 12v Portable Compressor – Gen2 and the 125" Quad hoses. They had a sale, I think Father's Day or something, I saved $100.

With the auto shutoff it's dead simple, start it and a couple minutes later it's done. No looking at the dash, nothing. For mine the compress is set to 38 psi and the TPMS reads 39psi. Easy enough to remember.

While it does take a little bit longer to air down it does balance them. I had been using the screw in deflators which I did like but this is more accurate. Now does 1-2 psi really make a difference? Probably not.

I went from a small compressor and cheap very small hose kit. I timed it at some 18+ mins. Now I'm down to 5minutes. Was it worth it? For me I'm no longer discouraged from dropping the air pressure for a trail ride, whereas before I may not have when I should have. But more importantly when I'm out with others they aren't waiting for me.

SeptuagenerianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While it does take a little bit longer to air down it does balance them. I had been using the screw in deflators which I did like but this is more accurate. Now does 1-2 psi really make a difference? Probably not.

Now I'm down to 5minutes. Was it worth it? For me I'm no longer discouraged from dropping the air pressure for a trail ride, whereas before I may not have when I should have. But more importantly when I'm out with others they aren't waiting for me.
1-2 ps is very little difference up at 38-40psi, but if you're doing soft sand and going down to 10psi or so, a drop to 8 or increase up to 12 or 13 will make more difference than you might expect.

I have a friend who went Morflate, he's very happy, and I've heard good reviews and comments on the threads. And a good setup lets you help out somebody else, too.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1-2 ps is very little difference up at 38-40psi, but if you're doing soft sand and going down to 10psi or so, a drop to 8 or increase up to 12 or 13 will make more difference than you might expect.

I have a friend who went Morflate, he's very happy, and I've heard good reviews and comments on the threads. And a good setup lets you help out somebody else, too.
There are minor differences between the "NAPA" style compressors. More than likely they are all built in the same factory to each company's specs. I went with MORRFLATE but could have easily gone with the other ones (MOAB or THOR) but MORRFLATE just happened to have a really good sale going on.

Could I have built my own hoses? Sure, but when you look at the actual cost breakdown for the DIY plus labor it's not as much as you think. And when you factor in the discount it was not worth me doing myself.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Trying these out before I upgrade to the full meal deal

PXL_20240626_143449669.jpg

PXL_20240626_143408580.jpg

Jmanly

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a nice setup!
I also have the Thors Molle mount. I ran the wire through the firewall and inside the door sills. There is a race there with plenty of room. Put a relay behind the trim panel in the cargo area and a switch to activate. Also put in a CRS reel. Works great.
Ford Bronco Morrflate Quad Hose Question 20240518_102136

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have the Thors Molle mount. I ran the wire through the firewall and inside the door sills. There is a race there with plenty of room. Put a relay behind the trim panel in the cargo area and a switch to activate. Also put in a CRS reel. Works great.
Ford Bronco Morrflate Quad Hose Question 20240518_102136
Nice!

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

Gonzo

Outer Banks
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I enjoy the 4 wheel hookups > Mine came with a bag, so I just keep it stored in the trunk space at all times (never know when mine or someone else will go low!). Sounds like you really cannot go wrong > Pull the plug and do it!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Get the shortest you need. I would also suggest the FiveSix with two hose kit. A lot cheaper, and it's so fast it's not really that much faster for the twin/four hose kit versus doing both sides separately. Plus takes up less room.

I have the twin TenSix w/four hose. I like it a lot, but to do over I'd get the FiveSix with two hose setup. If you do go twin, the new model they have is maybe the last one you'll ever buy.
Agree! I got the 5-10 pro with two hose set up and it takes less than 5 mins to do each side of my 2 door BD with 35” Kenda klevers. A great and affordable setup

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just found out the four hose airing down balances the air pressure in the tires, something I've yet to do as well with the staun deflators and TPMS. The digital gauge battery thing is crazy; it should turn itself off after so long without being used.
I think the gauge batteries die when one fails to release the stored pressure in the hoses after airing up/down. The gauge thinks you are still using it
Sponsored