Sponsored

Manny tranny owners, would you do it again?

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wouldn't of bought a Bronco, heck I would of probably bought a sport before full body due to cost, if it came with a manual, but knowing what I know now I love the full Bronco
Love that Shifter ball, did you install yourself, was it difficult?

jsoa

Heritage
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2022 base 4-cyl with the manny tranny. Other than the occasional grinding on cold mornings and notchy shifting, I'm still glad I got it. I'm wondering what other owners think (besides those who have had the grinding issues that are well documented)?
It's great, it's the thing I will miss the most when I sell it and get a 4Runner, which doesn't come with one. But I had the grinding issue as well, got it taken care of, but was out for 3+ weeks and then had several other issue with it, Ford just doesn't really care about quality, especially since the Pandemic, which is a shame, because the Bronco was engineered pretty nicely, the execution sucks though. Just my $.02

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco II, 03 Ranger Level II, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love my stick. Its the reason I bought it over a Maverick.
Glad I waited for a Manual Sasquatch.

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but during the first month of owning it I would have said no. I had the grinding noise, which drove me crazy. I also thought it was a little underpowered until I added sport mode. I now have a new transmission with no noise and I installed a pedal commander and it's fantastic! Slightly off topic, but I was bummed about the lack of a manual hand brake (e-brake)...those are fun too :)

Sponsored

Ozark

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would say make sure you get 4A to wring all the potential fun out of it on the street.
My Bronco was a ‘22 4 door Black Diamond non-Sas with the 4A and 2.7. I was going for the awd turbo spec as well haha. I really wish the 4A was still available without the Sas package. I supposed it is as long as you get the Badlands trim. But hopefully Ford brings back the 4A a la carte option in the future for the other trims as I don’t really need the sway disconnect. One reason I let the Bronco go was because my 10 speed auto trans didn’t like being hustled on a back road even at a 7/10ths pace (to be clear I never turned on 4A when doing this, I actually only used it once on snowy roads but I liked having the option available if needed). Oh how I wish I would’ve opted for the manual. I miss my Bronco.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

21k miles in, almost exclusively in sport mode. It's an absolute hoot. Has its quirks, but all great things do. Would definitely do it again.

ASUBronco

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love my 23 badlands manual, currently have 13K miles. I did have the grind noise, dealership replaced the transmission at about 7K, no cost to me. Luckily no grind thus far (since sept 23').

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Lil Red Broncette What you describe is real. It is intentional part of programming, entirely because of emissions. I can refer you to YouTube videos explaining the engineering reasons if you like.
I noticed it on my test drive, and it bothered me so much that it nudged me to the automatic.
Yep quite aware of the emission factor as well, while you say strictly emissions there are some benefits. I just decided to stay away from the emissions in my description since mashing the pedal under load is not good fo performance as well as emissions. I really do need to get one of those modules that lets one tailor the algorithm to one's liking. I hope that makes it nicer.

FJCruiser

First Name
Jimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed - no MT no Bronco 6g. My '24 BD 2 Dr 2.3 MT is almost exactly what I wanted; I missed getting a Base. MT functions flawlessly. Reminds me of my 68 VW in a lot of ways.
The '66 Bronco I had the pleasure of driving on private land years ago was my yardstick. As were the WW2 Jeeps we staff guys used at Scout camp in early 70s.
I went to Scout Camp then. Adirondacks. Too far back to remember Jeeps but do remember metal coffee cans filled with peanut butter
Sponsored