Sponsored

Do you really need rear locking differental?

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you've never wheeled a locked rig, you don't think you need it. If you have wheeled a locked rig, you absolutely know you do need it.
Yep. Once you have used them, you can’t go back. Even in situations where you can get over an obstacle without a locker, it will be much smoother if you do have one. You don’t need to romp on the gas and use momentum to thrash your way up the trail, you can take it slow and easy. Romping on the gas to clear an obstacle is fun and all, but if that’s what you want to do, get an old beater truck to thrash around.
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure anyone has ever had lockers and wished they didn't......
I'm not sure anyone has ever "walked away" from buying a vehicle because it had lockers.....
I'm sure you'll be fine without lockers until you need them........
I can 100% be certain that it's cheaper to buy it with lockers rather than add them later.....

Get the lockers :)

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. There will be at least one time in your Bronco’s life that the locker saves you from having to call for help, money well spent.

Vcastag

Outer Banks
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered my 2022 OBX 2.7 liter with the Rear locker. I never used the front locker when I had them in 2 trucks and I will likely never do SERIOUS rock crawling or any higher than a 5. I know the rear locker will do the trick .
I’ve since upgraded to Eibach pro truck coilovers with a 3 “ lift, 35’s and BDS UCAs and Rear lowers. I think I’m set for 99.9% of what I can get myself into.
Sponsored