Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wt, 78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I recently purchased a light bar. But I've figured out that the stock wiring is a bit anemic for the draw the light bar requires.

Is it possible to run thicker Guage wires up the A pillar and into the area the stock wiring would poke through the rack attachment side?

I am still waiting on the harness to ship. The install video from the manufacturer recommend to poke the wires through the roof seal from the A pillar.
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I recently purchased a light bar. But I've figured out that the stock wiring is a bit anemic for the draw the light bar requires.

Is it possible to run thicker Guage wires up the A pillar and into the area the stock wiring would poke through the rack attachment side?

I am still waiting on the harness to ship. The install video from the manufacturer recommend to poke the wires through the roof seal from the A pillar.
So... I ran 12 gage positive and negative as well at my GMRS radio Coax through the A-pillar. Had to pop up through the roof so.... I chose my own spot and did.

First photo all three lines are wrapped in wire loom. Far side is coming from equipment through the roof seal at the accessory mount location (outboard side) then toward the center of the truck (toward camera) and then turns down through a hole I drilled and into the cavity above the passenger visor then over to the A-pillar. Had to keep the wires above bottom of the "trough" so as not to block water flow and the hole entering the cavity above the bottom as well.
The weather striping is double layered and the wiring is siliconed at BOTH layers on its way through BOTH times. (so 4 Locations).

So far seems to be well sealed. High pressure water (for car wash) does not penetrate.

pics attached....
Ford Bronco Light bar wiring question. antenna and light bar wireing 4
Ford Bronco Light bar wiring question. antenna and light bar wireing 2

OP
OP

Doug_life

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wt, 78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was able to run the wiring up the a pillar and out of the rack mount point above the windshield.

It was a pain in the ass. But it worked.
Sponsored