Sponsored

Is the factory tranny skid plate available on its own?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just crawled under my 2 door Heritage again, and I do indeed have a metal engine skid pan...
So basically the only one missing from the full, Ford compliment is the transfer case skid 🤷
And if my Badlands didn't even have a tranny skid, what am I worried 'bout? Lol
Definitely would add piece of mind.
The transfer case skid is only $40 bucks and change. I installed the engine and transfer case skids on my OBX (picked up a set of take-offs for either $100 or $150, can't remember), the last skid I need is the transmission skid.
Sponsored

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for this! Ordered. Saw other installs that looked to fit well.
The fit is great. I used a mix of the 4WP hardware and the factory hardware. You will see when installing. 4WP comes with very, very thick "washers" that can be used as spacers.

Bird

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I grabbed the 4WP plate. I was worried it wouldn't fit over the swaybar disconnect on the Badlands but it was a bolt in fit. They mention having to drill a 1/2" hole in the crossmember but already had a hole there to slide a flange nut over. All the hardware came with it. Approx 3/16" thick plate. Great fit with the only drawback is it doesn't cover the angled crossmembers at the back like I believe the more rugged/serious Talon plate but pretty happy to have protection over the plastic transmission pan. Oh, and as far as weight, some of it is offset when you get rid of the OE skid over the swaybar dissconnect (covered with the 4WP skid) in the second shot --depending on your factory trim/setup. For rockcrawling, go Talon. For general offroad, this is not too shabby.
Ford Bronco Is the factory tranny skid plate available on its own? 1000006169

Ford Bronco Is the factory tranny skid plate available on its own? 1000006183

Last edited:

Sponsored

diggs44060

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the asfib alum Trans pan and there transfer case skid brace bar..
On my "22" 2 door, BadSquatch, 2.7...
Also added dv8: a-arm, rear shock and diff skids

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That 4WP seems like a good deal. I understand that most of their stuff is made in China, but decent price for peace of mind. Has anyone installed it and have some feedback on it? Does it fit well with the factory skid plate package? I searched the forum and didn't see anything.
I just installed tonight after work. 15 minute job if you don't have a cordless impact. Bought it almost immediately after I saw this thread. $149 and I received it within 3 business days. It says you have to drill on the #3 crossmember but my Badlands had a hole already there that I easily slid the nut clip into the provided factory cutout. It provides great coverage and is a very good value. So good, I am now convinced to to replace the rest of the factory skids with the 4WP. It's thick, at least 3/16 and is far more sturdy than the factory skids.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I grabbed the 4WP plate. I was worried it wouldn't fit over the swaybar disconnect on the Badlands but it was a bolt in fit. They mention having to drill a 1/2" hole in the crossmember but already had a hole there to slide a flange nut over. All the hardware came with it. Approx 3/16" thick plate. Great fit with the only drawback is it doesn't cover the angled crossmembers at the back like I believe the more rugged/serious Talon plate but pretty happy to have protection over the plastic transmission pan. Oh, and as far as weight, some of it is offset when you get rid of the OE skid over the swaybar dissconnect (covered with the 4WP skid) in the second shot --depending on your factory trim/setup. For rockcrawling, go Talon. For general offroad, this is not too shabby.

Agreed. That was my only complaint, that it doesn't cover the cross members, but I'm an overlander, not a rock crawler.

I'm cool with the added weight. I had my old Gladiator disabled from a freaking tree branch... just rolling around l, ran over a thicker branch, it shot up and shredded some wiring.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received and installed my 4WP tranny skid plate today. Well made, well-engineered, and sturdy. My only gripes are that it comes with 17mm bolts while the remainder of the factory skid bolts are 15mm, and that its made in Thighland. I re-used all the factory hardware from my Badlands, and had just enough bolts that I didn't need to use any of the 4WP bolts for install. For the money, I would recommend purchasing.

Last edited:

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good morning
For me after studying the SKID plate manufacturers. And above all their compatibility with Electronic sway bar disconnect, In addition that the bolts are embedded in the SKIDs, Made of aluminum and reinforced with Ribs and compatible with those of FORDS SKID FRONT MOTOR, A reasonable price and delivery to CANADA. the winner is TALON GARAGE which I installed yesterday in my parking lot. Excellent technical support and fits perfectly to the BADLAND SASQUASH. . My choice.....
TRACKTOY

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I went with ASFIR for the Trans. T-Case, Crossmember and Fuel Tank. I have rear shock skids as well. Idaho throws a brine mix (MC & salt) so alum was the answer.
Sponsored