Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I noticed something on my drive home from work today. While looking at the mostly unused analog speedometer, I saw that it goes all the way to 120mph. by running the tach at 2000rpm, my Black Diamond 4dr 2.7L was doing about 66mph. That means it’ll go about 100mph at a little over 3000rpm, or 120mph at about 3600rpm.

But will it break apart before it reaches that speed?

What sort of mods do you guys think I’d need to do to hit 120mph in my Bronco?

Oh… it needs to be safe and on a closed track. Or maybe the autobahn.
Sell it and buy a sports car...
Sponsored

OP
OP
baozebub

baozebub

Black Diamond
First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I finally started messing around with the GOAT modes and used Sport mode for the first time while driving-holy shit it really wakes the engine and shifting up on the Bronco vs normal or eco mode. I finally found all the power the 2.7L can make :)
You probably just got the Bronco. I felt the same way at first, like it was underpowered in Normal or Eco modes. But the engine seems to take time to break in, and by around 2000 miles or so it feels natural in Normal mode.

Sport just keeps the revs up so the power is much closer, but doesn’t make it more powerful.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No need to go that fast anyway....bet is crawls better than any sportscar! Also, I wonder if the sway bar disconnect gains any additional stress at high speed? Just a thought...
i blast up to 100 a lot but cannot go faster anyway with limiter faster

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've gotten up to 107 a few times. Feels like it wants to keep going, but there's where it'll start restricting it for me. Surprised by how comfortable it'll get to those speeds too.
Sponsored