Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of people like the ARB jack. It's definitely safer than the mechanical hi lift jack. But the manual says long term storage should be verticle since it's hydraulic.

I think the mechanical ones are more versatile. Unless you get a sling setup for the wheels of your Bronco, you don't have many jacking points for any hi lift jack.

Ronny Dahl discusses the ARB jack starting at 13:30.

And then there's this short video.
The SFR rock slides have high lift jack mounts:

https://www.stinkyfab.com/collectio...cts/coming-soon-6g-bronco-2-door-rock-sliders
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is great but for a wife's stamp of approval, it has to be a step. She is short.
They have a three inch ledge that I'm adding staircase tape to. I had my 5' tall 70 year old friend try it (w/o tape) and she said it helped her like a step. Otherwise, I'd look at things like RockSlide Engineering steps, which seem to be popular. Especially if you're going to lift.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
- I like the RSE slider steps. They are pricey but are good sliders, act as a static step, protect again mall crawling door dings and should help the kids get in and out as well.
- Skip or wait on the tailgate table. I don't have one but after reading many posts it seems they get little use after installation.
- Skip the hi-lift jack as well and go for a bottle or off-road floor jack if you think you need one. I have yet to invest in jack and just carry a 4x4 block for extra lift
- Napa sells a good off-brand portable air compressor for "cheap" that many of use use
- Take advantage of the nut inserts on the rear of the rollbar to mount the fire extinguisher
- Consider waiting on a spacer lift and going with some better coilovers instead. The Bilstein 6112's are adjustable and will provide the needed lift, better ride, are well received and budget friendly.
- Don't get caught up on the zomg your tie-rods will break and steering rack will explode as soon you go off pavement so you need to upgrade now! Save your money, unless you plan on doing some serious rock crawling. Instead, throw a spare tie-rod in with your recovery gear for cheap insurance. I have carried one for years and only needed one once and that was for someone else who we happened upon while off-roading (made that dudes f'n day). When the wife and I go off-roading we typically tackle rocks like these and still run oem tie-rods and racks. It is more about wheel placement, front locker use and knowing when not to go full skinny pedal send it mode.

Ford Bronco Heritage Family Adventure Bronco Build 1712066677172-vf

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
- I like the RSE slider steps. They are pricey but are good sliders, act as a static step, protect again mall crawling door dings and should help the kids get in and out as well.
- Skip or wait on the tailgate table. I don't have one but after reading many posts it seems they get little use after installation.
- Skip the hi-lift jack as well and go for a bottle or off-road floor jack if you think you need one. I have yet to invest in jack and just carry a 4x4 block for extra lift
- Napa sells a good off-brand portable air compressor for "cheap" that many of use use
- Take advantage of the nut inserts on the rear of the rollbar to mount the fire extinguisher
- Consider waiting on a spacer lift and going with some better coilovers instead. The Bilstein 6112's are adjustable and will provide the needed lift, better ride, are well received and budget friendly.
- Don't get caught up on the zomg your tie-rods will break and steering rack will explode as soon you go off pavement so you need to upgrade now! Save your money, unless you plan on doing some serious rock crawling. Instead, throw a spare tie-rod in with your recovery gear for cheap insurance. I have carried one for years and only needed one once and that was for someone else who we happened upon while off-roading (made that dudes f'n day). When the wife and I go off-roading we typically tackle rocks like these and still run oem tie-rods and racks. It is more about wheel placement, front locker use and knowing when not to go full skinny pedal send it mode.

1712066677172-vf.png
Thank you for the detailed feedback. The RSE steps I am nervous about as I know a guy personally, who had a malfunction on the trail and ended up draging them deployed over an obstacle. On the suspension you are probably right, I will wait and do a complete lift. However, I don't want to increase past a 35, as 37s are not easily accessible in a ready supply. However, if you click on "here" link, you will read a most impressive story on how things can go very bad in a new vehicle awaits. I understand it is overkill to reinforce the steering right away but it explains why I am so adamant about overbuilding. Overbuilding for maximum uptime is my objective.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep people will have you believe your tie rods are at risk as soon as you leave pavement. Not so.

People at Bronco Off Rodeo say they've never broken a tie rod. But then all their Broncos are stock, no lifts. They also advise keeping the front wheels straight if the front axle is locked. As BlueBronco says... It's a matter of knowing when to not lock the front axle and when not to give it gas. Learn to use finesse when off road, not brute force. Not as dramatic, but more likely to not leave you stranded.

If anything is going to break, I want it to be something that's easy to repair. Tie rods are easier to fix than a steering box.

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Jeep people will have you believe your tie rods are at risk as soon as you leave pavement. Not so.

People at Bronco Off Rodeo say they've never broken a tie rod. But then all their Broncos are stock, no lifts. They also advise keeping the front wheels straight if the front axle is locked. As BlueBronco says... It's a matter of knowing when to not lock the front axle and when not to give it gas. Learn to use finesse when off road, not brute force. Not as dramatic, but more likely to not leave you stranded.

If anything is going to break, I want it to be something that's easy to repair. Tie rods are easier to fix than a steering box.
I am in complete agreement with your statements on wheeling. I have never wheeled a vehicle with lockers only a rear LSD and open front. You are probably right and I don't need to add the 74 weld stage one kit but it is too late. I just don't have good luck so far in it should not break department.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sts90

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Completed:
  • 74 Weld stage 1.
  • Icon Tie Rods.
  • Mabett door handle storage.
Ford Bronco Heritage Family Adventure Bronco Build IMG_0064
Ford Bronco Heritage Family Adventure Bronco Build IMG_0461

One thing I have to say about this steer up grade. I makes your steer very tight and responsive. I over steered on the first lane change to say the least. I am glade the wife was not with me😁.

Up Next:
  • RCI sliders
  • RCI rear shock mounts.
Looking for Opinions:
  • *Anti rock sway bar vs Boss Link*
  • *Air Compressor* ?

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I am considering going with Rough Country sliders over my original RCI selection. I think I can get by without full slider armor as it will be a minute before the hardcore trails happen with family in tow. Also, the RC sliders do follow that square finder look and would provide better protection than running boards. Does anyone have any thoughts or feedback? Looking to start wheeling here on the 28th.

Chieftain

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor - Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Big fan of the Rough Country extingusher mount on my driver side rear roll bar. It even comes with some rubber straps to keep the perforated bands from scratching the paint

https://www.roughcountry.com/product/utv-fire-extinguisher-mount

As for your tint, seriously consider getting XPEL XR Plus or similar heat rejection clear film on your windshield. Worth every penny in Texas summers.

OP
OP
sts90

sts90

Heritage
First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Decide to go a cheaper route as I will not be hardcore wheeling yet. I picked up some used OEM sliders and IAG v2 steps off Facebook marketplace. The steps were well used and had to drill snapped bolts from previous owner on two steps. I will have to complete thread tap one but other two penetrating oil did the trig. So, I did the bed liner matte spark refurbishment on two good ones and slider. Then I added IAG mini mud flaps. Surprisingly, The Bronco looks even more retro with only 2 of 4 steps and I really like it. Speakers upgrade will be next week and tint will follow.
Ford Bronco Heritage Family Adventure Bronco Build IMG_0497
Ford Bronco Heritage Family Adventure Bronco Build IMG_0495

On another note since there is not any data I can find on a decibel reading for MOD hardtop. I did the app test with Niosh SLM on iPhone 14 Pro.
  • 70 mph no minimal wind 69-70 db
  • 70 mph heavy head wind 71-71 db
It looks like by what can find online it is 2-3 db quieter than a MIC hard top. However road noise with change with road composition, wind direction, movement of top from bumps, and off course tires. I am running stock SAS tires.
Sponsored