Sponsored

Haven't 100% decided on a Bronco yet, but we really want one...

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The rear cabin room is one thing that does give me pause... though our oldest is going off to college sometime later this year and should be getting his own car soon. So if it's an issue it (hopefully!) won't be one for too much longer? haha

We are definitely not rich but we are still kind of snobs when it comes to our toys... vehicles, electronics, just whatever... we usually try and go for the best we can within our budget so we will probably try and shoot for the 2.7 but thank you for pointing that out either way!

Wow i didn't realize that the 2.3 gets 300HP stock!? Still going to aim for the 2.7 though as there will be times my wife needs to haul a trailer full of equipment and stuff for our kids scouts outings for the whole troop etc so i think the extra HP/Torque may be appreciated?

Thank you for all the input and those pictures are AMAZING and make us want one even more! It is absolutely beautiful where you live... not jealous at all lmao

Yeah we have looked at well equipped outer banks as well but once we add in all the features we want the pricing is pretty close so we are probably just going to go for a Wildtrak if we can find the right one. I bought my Tremor with exactly the specs i wanted and don't regret it at all so i want to get the best that we can for my wife as well. The HOSS 3.0 i'm reading makes it more durable so we are thinking the Wildtrak is worth it for that alone? Working the numbers more today i think we are going to give up the orange paint and go for a 23 Wildtrak. (Pending test driving in a couple days of course haha)

Hello neighbor! You are probably 30-40 minutes from me... small world! Thanks for the input, it all helps. :D How do you feel about the Bronco vs Wrangler since you've owned multiple of each now?
Love both, love the interior and hard top quality of the Wrangler, the Bronco is more comfortable and slightly roomier. Now completely off subject, BUT, i
Recently
Picked up a 2024 VW Atlas Cross Sport for a company car, now this car is huge inside. Maybe take a look at one, extremely underrated SUV, and we have had 6 Land Rover products, so weā€™re used to quality of European makes.
Hope that helps!
Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Alrighty so back story... i drive a '22 F150 Tremor and my wife WAS driving a '23 Kia Telluride EX X-Line. We originally wanted a Bronco for her but some of her friends had the Telluride and it was cheaper so she went with the Kia. Absolutely NO mechanical issues with the Telluride. Well about a week ago she got rear ended by a Ram HD Dually and it totaled the Kia. So... we are in the market for a replacement vehicle again but are extremely torn on what to buy next. We live outside of town in Arkansas with three kids and a dog and do go to areas to camp etc that are much easier to navigate in the truck. Some rough roads here.. lots of rain, mud, sometimes snow etc. We are wanting something at least somewhat off-road capable and my wife has absolutely fallen in love with the Orange Metallic color on the 2022 Broncos.

So Bronco seems logical choice for us, but that being said... we seem to be reading nothing but problems about the Broncos and it's making the decision extremely difficult now. Researching pretty much ALL current vehicles seems like nearly everything has reliability issues. Or the engines are tiny and lack oomph. Or the cabin/cargo space sucks.

The Mazda CX-5 or CX-50 with the turbo seem like one of the best choices if she decides against the Bronco but it's small compared to what we are used to now. She doesn't want another Telluride or a Palisade.

Are the odds pretty high if we get a Bronco that we're going to have issues with water leaks, window noises/alignment, etc? We WANT the Bronco but we don't want to deal with the headaches. We had a 2015 Ford Exploder Sport before the Kia and it was great until it developed pretty bad leak problems with the sun roof and the tailgate. Had to get the drains cleaned out multiple times and the tailgate seal kept leaking and the carpet got moldy and musty and it drove us crazy, we hated it.

Feel free to talk us into the Bronco or OUT of the Bronco, we just want to hear opinions while we are trying to decide on what to do.
The Bronco has by far been the most enjoyable vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned and Iā€™ve had a LOT of cars/trucks. I see zero reason not to get one, with that family and the needs you state above to me itā€™s perfect.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Kids can live with anythingā€¦we had 5 kids crammed in a Rambler (along with other 2 &4 door cars) growing upā€¦Bronco is a ā€œutilityā€ vehicleā€¦NOT a SUV and definitely NOT a luxury vehicleā€¦it is also NOT a ā€œsportsā€ vehicleā€¦it is uncomfortable, loud and handles poorly on road compared to almost any other vehicle (except a Jeep)ā€¦that said I am very impressed with my 2dr 2.7 Sasquatch and drive it more than I ever expected to (planned to mostly be an ā€œold guyā€ off roader)ā€¦I just enjoy itā€¦the wife even likes itā€¦

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Alrighty so back story... i drive a '22 F150 Tremor and my wife WAS driving a '23 Kia Telluride EX X-Line. We originally wanted a Bronco for her but some of her friends had the Telluride and it was cheaper so she went with the Kia. Absolutely NO mechanical issues with the Telluride. Well about a week ago she got rear ended by a Ram HD Dually and it totaled the Kia. So... we are in the market for a replacement vehicle again but are extremely torn on what to buy next. We live outside of town in Arkansas with three kids and a dog and do go to areas to camp etc that are much easier to navigate in the truck. Some rough roads here.. lots of rain, mud, sometimes snow etc. We are wanting something at least somewhat off-road capable and my wife has absolutely fallen in love with the Orange Metallic color on the 2022 Broncos.

So Bronco seems logical choice for us, but that being said... we seem to be reading nothing but problems about the Broncos and it's making the decision extremely difficult now. Researching pretty much ALL current vehicles seems like nearly everything has reliability issues. Or the engines are tiny and lack oomph. Or the cabin/cargo space sucks.

The Mazda CX-5 or CX-50 with the turbo seem like one of the best choices if she decides against the Bronco but it's small compared to what we are used to now. She doesn't want another Telluride or a Palisade.

Are the odds pretty high if we get a Bronco that we're going to have issues with water leaks, window noises/alignment, etc? We WANT the Bronco but we don't want to deal with the headaches. We had a 2015 Ford Exploder Sport before the Kia and it was great until it developed pretty bad leak problems with the sun roof and the tailgate. Had to get the drains cleaned out multiple times and the tailgate seal kept leaking and the carpet got moldy and musty and it drove us crazy, we hated it.

Feel free to talk us into the Bronco or OUT of the Bronco, we just want to hear opinions while we are trying to decide on what to do.

2021 2.7 2 door Bronco OBX lux package and tow package with 90k miles in 24 months. Only problem, frequent oil changes - seriously, it's been nearly perfect (save for the top, and then that was minor).

My 2023 F-150 XL 5.0 STX super crew 4wd with rear locker was about the same price. The F-150 lacks a lot of the features I enjoy on the Bronco, but the F-150 is the quieter highway cruiser.

I like them both.

IMG_20220910_181104.jpg

IMG_20231212_232308.jpg

Last edited:

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm on my second Bronco. First one was totalled by a red light runner. I could have replaced it with anything, but I chose another Bronco. I like the Mazda SUVs, interior akin to a German luxury make, decent power, good handling. But, it's not a Bronco.

Truthfully the only other vehicle I considered replacing my lost Bronco with is a Ranger Raptor, but they just don't exist in my area yet.

Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Minus some quirks and annoying features, I enjoy the truck as a daily driver. The thing I truly despise is Ford service. Many dealers are not trustworthy and it takes forever to get an appt to get items resolved and/or service.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We've looked at the 4runner... they are supposed to introduce a totally new model next year so no way i'd want to buy a 2022-23 and then have a better version come out a year later i'd never forgive myself haha
Have you reviewed the new Toyota LC 250. 1958 trim supposed to come in at 55K'ish and made in Japan.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And go into this knowing that the $29,500 (at release) Bronco and the $74,000 Bronco have the same quality interior. Thousands of posts on here of people complaining about the quality of their $60k+ vehicles, when they should have known what they were buying.

And do lots of research into trims, lots of people spent a ton of money only to realize that the capabilities of the high dollar trim had no better mechanics than the bottom dollar trim.
The Raptor has a higher quality of interior finish. It is not the same as the lower models.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Bronco is not a large vehicle as far as interior space goes and very bare bones when it comes to passenger comfort and storage. Hauling 2 kids and dogs would be a stretchā€¦3 kids and dogs would not be something Iā€™d want to do regularly. Sounds like you had the right tool for the job with the Telluride. Our other car is the new model Pilot and we really like it - obviously much more room than the Bronco but looks a lot better than most of the 3 rows out there, IMO. The Grand Highlander looks nice too. You could also probably get the new Land Cruiser if you want more capability for about same price as a Bronco if you were planning on getting an upper level trim. Basically if your intent is to get the Bronco to be a daily driver/family hauler with 2-3 kids Iā€™d say not a great choice.

Gregus73

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Silverado 2500 HC, 2023 Bronco Heritage, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I came from Wranglers. Had them 3 at different timesā€¦.
In comparing against a Wrangler, my wife and I are super happy with the Bronco. The seats are much more comfortable, seems quieter and I prefer the looks and interior.

It does not compare against my wifeā€™s Lexus RX350 suv in terms of features and luxury, but I find the Bronco to be a lot more fun to drive. My wife loves her Lexus and is very pleased with the brand. May be some thing to look into as well.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Simple. Very cool looking, very fun to drive slightly over priced non luxury or refined vehicle with comfy seats and removable roof. Poor on gas mileage, little loud. But fun factor out weighs most negatives if you can call it that. Made driving fun again. Go for it. Be prepared to spend money on personalizing it.

Last edited:

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have had 4 broncos and still have 2. I have had zero issues or problems.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

my bronco is the best vehicle i have ever owned
sure it has its issues but all were fixable
if its in your budget and your dna lol grab one

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2023 Bronco BD 2 dr hardtop, 2.7L is great so far. Never enjoyed driving something as much. Have had for 5 months. Noise is minimal, radio is fine, no leaks, plenty of power with the 2.7L. The 2024 has further improvements. Get it.

Jmanly

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't just take a test drive, rent one on Touro for a few days. That's what I did and took a 3 day road trip. Convinced me that I REALLY wanted mine when it came in.
Sponsored