Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love how the two-door guys are quick to scrutinize a product at launch. Simple math is there is more four-door Broncos produced and used off-road, not Mall crawling. With respect to the two-door guys let these companies launch their product and get their revenue up in order to mass produce a two-door product equivalent. A lot of companies are putting in some hard work, time, and effort to get these products for guys like us who spend more time on the forums than on actual trails. So please let's be respectful and and cheer companies like this on. The Jeep world doesn't have these problems and they have infinite parts available in the aftermarket because those guys weren't so quick to judge startup companies. Just my thoughts...

Agree 100%, the complainer is really telling me he knows very little about how small businesses work. It takes me about 1 year to get a product to market, then maybe $45K in tooling and significant bandwidth. Metal stuff might be different but they still probably need jigs and then programming CNC machines, testing and refining. Then find and elusive 2 door on top of that to fit it properly. It takes time, bandwidth and cash. Four door first is 100% the right choice for cash flow and that's how the world works.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What us Moar-door guys need is something like that, where we could attach and secure are front top hatches, when our rear-sections are detached (sitting at home).
Working on this because you mentioned it. If I can make it work, I will!
Adam

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I Iike the look and purpose for the Raptor Bronco's rear cage stiffener too, just not to the tune of the $3,000 that Ford is asking for it aftermarket.
At $3k that’s a hard pass!

Looking forward to seeing @GoatFab solution to the rear brace.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lot of hard top guys in hear, but I am in the softie group. I would be interested to see how this works with the softop

The place where it is connected in the pictures is where the soft top connects to position where the softtop is connected.

So does your piece go on underneath and then the softtop connection bolts to it? It would seem this is the way it would work. very very interesting design.

I look forward to this product development, as the BRaptor has this same brace in the middle.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Projected price and when can I order?
I believe this will help with hard top rattle.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I own a Wildtrak and raptor and hands down the raptor is much much stiffer. I attributed this to the front and rear brace.

Look at all the reviews. You hear folks mention that the raptor seems better built and feels solid (no creaking) when compared to the base bronco.

From the Bronco Raptor press release:

In the upper body, B-pillar cross bar and C-pillar reinforcement help deliver a greater than 50% total body-in-prime torsional rigidity increase over a standard Bronco four-door model.
I witnessed a Raptor Bronco flip 3 times, probably doing 80mph + and the guy walked away. A testament to a strong cage. Ill be looking closely at picking one up before the year is out. (Bronco's are never done)
Adding to the above good comments. Part of this debate/discussion is about stiffness vs. strength.

The braces were added in the Raptor for stiffness to meet design goals such as first modal frequency and torsional rigidity. A more rigid chassis is a prerequisite for a more capable suspension package. You can't add the control of better suspension to a wet noodle (not saying the base Bronco is such) and expect more performance.

The strength that got added along with this stiffness from this (or the Raptor braces) is a secondary benefit for any overloading scenario be it a big send or a roll over. Although this is a body on frame design (body mounted via isolators) the body stiffness does still improve frame stiffness, whereas the strength benefit is largely for the body itself and is fairly obvious from inspection/engineering common sense.

The only way to quantify the strength benefit is via computational modeling (FEA) since a single roll over test would be both prohibitively expensive and more importantly almost for sure inconclusive (how bad of a roll, at what speed and on what kind of terrain would it be done). With an FEA approach one could run any desired roll/crash scenario and compare precisely against the exact same model and scenario with and without brace(s). Unfortunately, for the aftermarket, obtaining an appropriate CAD model (prerequisite for FEA model) is impossible (IP) and reverse engineering it is, for all practical purposes, also impossible.

Last edited:

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
Following for more information ( Price ) and projected availability date ?

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GOAT Fabrication is releasing our new Four door roll bar cage reinforcement system!!

This is the first part of our modular system.

Two piece laser cut and bent, 3/16 cage tie and 1/8 cover plate for an incredible strong box design.

Comes with all mounting hardware and Black powder coated or bare for those that want to color match.

Two system dome light, white led and RED for night wheeling and reduce the effects of white light at night.
This can tie into your open door system and/or upfitter switches for on demand lighting.

Works with soft top and hard top.

Pricing and release coming very soon!!

ft15-jpg.jpg

ft18-jpg.jpg

ft18-jpg.jpg

ft15-jpg.jpg

f23-jpg.jpg

ft1-jpg.jpg

ft2-jpg.jpg

ft4-jpg.jpg

ft5-jpg.jpg

ft6-jpg.jpg

ft7-jpg.jpg

ft8-jpg.jpg

ft9-jpg.jpg

ft10-jpg.jpg

ft14-jpg.jpg

ft15-jpg.jpg

ft16-jpg.jpg

ft18-jpg.jpg

ft19-jpg.jpg

ft20-jpg.jpg
Definitely on my wish list.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would be really cool if the back edge of the front top panels could anchor to this.

What’s the clearance from the top of the headrest? Looks pretty high but I hit jeeps crossbar with my head all the time going over terrain that bounces the truck.
I cant sit in most jeep models for that reason. For tall people, that's why the Bronco's front crossbar-less design is so appealing. It would be interesting to see if 6'5" people can fit in the Raptor, which added the front crossbar back in.

Last edited:

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@GoatFab will the 4 door hardtop version work with a JTop Bimini? The top goes under the hardtop brackets…
Sponsored