Sponsored

(fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly)

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine had the hood protector when I bought it. While I donā€™t love the looks, I also donā€™t have any windshield chips in 18,000 miles.
I just can't buy that a small change in wind direction could affect the path of a rock that's big enough to chip a windshield - the physics just aren't there (right?). Bugs maybe.

Last edited:

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just can't buy that a small change in wind direction could affect the path of a rock big that's enough to chip a windshield - the physics just aren't there (right?). Bugs maybe.
I donā€™t argue for or against it. Iā€™m just giving personal experience so far with one that was already installed when I bought mine. But factually speakingā€¦people are going to do whatever the heck they want to do, regardless of what anyone else says or does.

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would add the factory optional roof rack for a 4-door to the ā€œdo not buyā€ list.

In addition to having plastic fittings at the attachment points and joints, the rack doesnā€™t extent to the rear of the car and inhibits you from removing the 2nd row roof panel! Huge design flaw from two groups at Ford not working together.

Aftermarket racks solve all these problems (but can be expensive).

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just can't buy that a small change in wind direction could affect the path of a rock that's big enough to chip a windshield - the physics just aren't there (right?). Bugs maybe.
My thoughts are, you can't prove a negative. Someone may have 100k with a bug deflector and nary a rock chip or strike to the windshield, but perhaps they've made it that far with no rocks being tossed up in front of them.

Sponsored

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thoughts are, you can't prove a negative. Someone may have 100k with a bug deflector and nary a rock chip or strike to the windshield, but perhaps they've made it that far with no rocks being tossed up in front of them.
True. My 2012 Rubicon never took a chip. My 2015 Rubicon got blasted.

I think speed plays into it, also. I'm doing 80+ on my daily commute. My Bronco windshield is cracked and has two chips. Not replacing it any time soon.

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™d assume that it would be pretty easy for a manufacturer do a wind tunnel test on these and see if they have any positive effect. But Iā€™ve never seen one.

dvnorton

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the StickerFab seat belt clips, but passengers don't expect them to be there and pull on the belt and pop them off. Someone on the forums suggested gun magnets (strong magnets you attach with adhesive) instead, which work great so far.

Traveler

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak; 2017 HD FLTRXS and 2008 HD FLSTF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, the Ford one or any soft one does not impress. I have order a steel Molle Panel and will ad a First Aid kit, E=Collar Bag, etc..pretty much mix and match what I need.
I agree. Buying the Ford one was a waste of points. It lasted all of two months. On the first hot weekend the glue failed and the clips detached from the material. Ordered a no-drill steel one that I found recommended on the forum and installed it and used the bags from the Ford one.

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have never understood the appeal of these. I have never seen one that looks like it fits the vehicle it's designed for.
I admit I have this :crying: I needed a place to mount fog lights ( I need them out here) and did not want to spend over a grand on a new bumper and expensive lights. I went on the cheap and ended with 4 fogs that work perfectly for me. I am not a huge fan of the look, but it solved a problem.

Sponsored

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Weather Tech Cargo liner for the rear of the 2 door. I kept it but that was after the first time I drove topless with it....
I ended up having to backtrack down I275 to collect it off the highway after it blew out. :ROFLMAO:

Some heavy duty Velcro fixed that and I probably should have known that would happen but you would think Weather Tech would have shipped it with something like that knowing a lot of us remove the top and doors šŸ¤”

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Iā€™m going to ruffle some feathers and say that choosing the ā€œMore Doorā€ option from the factory kills the looks.šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜Ž
I'm not going to disagree but with hunting dogs that are crate trained, a two-door would have meant buying a Toyota. I have a 4-door HE and a number of people have come up to me and complimented me on my Bronco "conversion". When I tell them its a 2024 they look at me funny..............