Sponsored

Front Differential mount failure/broken.

Wasane

Black Diamond
First Name
Valentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sasquatch Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone had the same issue? I would recomend checking that diff mount of cracking if you offroad your bronco.
I have a fully stock 2022 Bronco Everglades has 31k miles on it. The M210/Dana 44 front Differential mount has failed and broken off the frame of the Bronco. Can not figure out why the mount broke. There is no directs hits of any kind on front suspension, underbody or the Differential itself that would cause the mount to get overstressed and brake. By the look of things the side of the diff bushing with a hook is weak,it bolts on to the frame mount. That side broke first and then slowly because of only being connected on one side of the bushing metal started giving away and eventually broke the other side. Judging by the amount of rust on the broken pieces I would say the initial break happed 3-4 months ago. I didn't notice any noise or anything wrong with the vehicle until the diff wasn't connected to that mount causing it to move up and down grinding the ddriveshaft on the oil cooler snd sway bar. Its has been in the dealer 3 times during last 3 month do do oilchanges they didn't notice anything eather untill driveshaft started grinding. So that being the case ford has denied the waranty claim saying "This is the first case of this happening so customer is to blame" they didn't provide any explanation of how a Differential mout breaks without being hit or any other damage to any other components.
That being said I think it a design flaw and more Broncos that get offroaded will eventually end up having the same problem. With the mount being tucked up ontop of the diff and everything being covered by skid plates and stuff. Its not a common spot you will look while doing a routine check up. Has anyone had the same issue? Can the people that offroad check your mount if you can. I would recomend checking that diff mount for cracking if you offroad your bronco.

20240427_205846.jpg

Screenshot_20240427_210459_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240427_210435_Gallery.jpg

20240427_205922.jpg

20240427_205941.jpg

20240427_205953.jpg

20240427_210741.jpg
Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not warranty ing yours because they havenā€™t seen this failure before is the stupidest lamest excuse Iā€™ve ever heard.

Itā€™s really becoming way beyond comical that @Ford is willing to continue to increase their bad reputation for denying warranty claims. They should absolutely want to tear into yours and figure out why this happened.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At 31,000 miles you are well within the warranty period and yes, this should be covered.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Itā€™s hilarious that Ford can blame customers for breaking their Bronco, when the first Ford commercials we saw of the new Bronco showed them rock crawling and jumping them.

Sponsored

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Perhaps had you been more loyal to @Ford they wouldā€™ve taken care of you. You must wear your Fordā„¢ļø and Broncoā„¢ļø branded apparel everyday and change all social media profiles to show your undying loyalty to the manufacturer.

Or at least thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been led to believe by this forum

/Sarcasm. Sorry about your rig. One more thing to try strengthening