BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been trying to figure this out on the forum and I am concluding that what determines the need for upgraded UCA is the amount of added lift? Is that right?

Have a Badlands 4dr with Sas. Just purchased a Fox 2.5 Performance kit and did not get UCA, was thinking to use the ones that come stock with Sas. Have seen a few videos/reviews where people are saying it's technically not needed but doesn't hurt. Am I understanding this correctly? Ultimately I want to add 1.5-2" from where I am now. Was reading someone said anything above 3" of added lift should also have the UCA upgraded.
Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For 2 inches and under, no need for aftermarket, but personally, I would just in case I decided to add more preload in the future.

If you don't mind, report back on whether or not you're able to set the Fox coilovers to 1.5 to 2 inches of lift.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d call Fox or Shock Surplus, they can’t set you straight. The biggest issue if your Bronco can still be aligned to stock specs at the shop with the new shocks. If not you will need new UCAs.

OP
OP
omi205

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be careful, very little is known about what control arms are actually beneficial. Some don't correct for geometry.
Exactly. This is my objective. Can the stock Sas UCA maintain geometry with the Fox 2.5 Elite suspension.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be careful, very little is known about what control arms are actually beneficial. Some don't correct for geometry.
Additionally some have even less range of motion than stock, and there is likely to be extra maintenance. I have to grease my Icon UCAs frequently or they sqeak.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Old thread, but I’m contemplating the same question. I’ll be adding fox 2.5 coils very soon so I’m researching UCAs.

I used to run SPC LCAs on my 2nd Gen Tacoma, but it ate ball joints regularly.

I’m not an Icon fan. Don’t need billet bling. Goal is durability, reliability & proper geo.

My 2Door is currently sitting in 37’s with RTR 0-offset wheels and GRT Offroad perch collars.

So who’s running FOX 2.5’s and what UCA are you running?

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Staying under 2” of lift and you likely can keep OEM parts. A good alignment shop will let you know how close to Ford specs you can get.

Any UCA that’s worth installing should have the pivot point moved to correct alignment. That noted, if you have low amounts of lift, under 2”, adding a UCA may cause issues with alignment. Typically Caster. Camber should be ok.
Sponsored