First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before I start calling the @Ford 800 numbers or the usual channels to try to get some sort of an answer from Ford customer service. I wanted to ask if any of you on this forum has dealt with this situation.
And how you went about getting a remedy for it.
I figure it’d be worth getting some feedback or scenarios before I start making any sort of calls.

So After waiting 8 weeks for parts to come in for the cam phasers, I was finally scheduled.
I dropped off my bronco at the Local dealership. They’ve had my bronco almost 3 weeks now. But today I get a text from the advisor that says.

“Unfortunately the technician has had some unforeseen delays and doesn’t know when exactly he can complete repairs on your Bronco.
I’ve done everything in my power to get a technician on it but even with management involved we just don’t have a technician that can take it on. we will reschedule as soon as possible. “

Considering the conversations through text, I’ve had with the advisor the last few weeks. I’ve been under the impression that the engine has been lifted and the job started.
Which is frustrating to know that I’m getting my bronco back without having the issues fixed .

Have any of you gone through this with your bronco at your local dealership?
For any of you, current or pass Ford technicians, is this scenario I’m going through something that is normal or abnormal?
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heavy engine techs have a tendency to get back injuries. Might be the guy who they were gonna have do it is out for an extended period, or quit. Not the kind of thing they are gonna tell a customer

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Abnormal and do not accept the notion the technicians are the ones in control of their schedule. My guesses...They don't have or just lost their "engine" guy (quit or injured), they had jobs run over that were scheduled before yours it got pushed off for other work and/or service advisor didn't put it back on the schedule. Advisors are in charge of schedule loading, not the other way around so that excuse is weak sauce. Either they have the parts and a qualified tech to do the work or they don't. Tech may have seen what warranty times paid and told advisor to shove it, don't know but I would politely ask for the truth instead of that poor attempt at blame shifting.

We aren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but can't see any situation where we would give that answer. My engine guy is literally out due to a shoulder surgery and won't be cleared to return for at least 6 more weeks and was doing 4-5 engines per week. It's a bitch and customers aren't thrilled but understand and appreciate the transparency.

OP
OP
BroncoVegas19

BroncoVegas19

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Abnormal and do not accept the notion the technicians are the ones in control of their schedule. My guesses...They don't have or just lost their "engine" guy (quit or injured), they had jobs run over that were scheduled before yours it got pushed off for other work and/or service advisor didn't put it back on the schedule. Advisors are in charge of schedule loading, not the other way around so that excuse is weak sauce. Either they have the parts and a qualified tech to do the work or they don't. Tech may have seen what warranty times paid and told advisor to shove it, don't know but I would politely ask for the truth instead of that poor attempt at blame shifting.

We aren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but can't see any situation where we would give that answer. My engine guy is literally out due to a shoulder surgery and won't be cleared to return for at least 6 more weeks and was doing 4-5 engines per week. It's a bitch and customers aren't thrilled but understand and appreciate the transparency.
100%… if the advisor had told me that their engine guy/technician was out with an injury, out sick, or any other life event. I would be absolutely understanding and roll with the punches.
But the idea that that dealership does not have a technician or can’t get someone to advise their in-house technicians is pretty crazy.
Thank you for your reply, this gives me more confidence now to go in there, pick up my bronco and ask some stern questions so I can get some real answers

Appreciate you 😎

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

How does it usually go? Is it common for a technician to get a flat hourly rate regardless of the work (like a salary)? Or are the technicians typically paid based on the service item, and so if an item takes longer than expected, the technician basically makes less per hour?

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How does it usually go? Is it common for a technician to get a flat hourly rate regardless of the work (like a salary)? Or are the technicians typically paid based on the service item, and so if an item takes longer than expected, the technician basically makes less per hour?
Really depends on the tech and location. Straight salary is relatively rare in my area.
I’m paid normal book hour, so what I book is what I get paid. But I also have tiered pay scale so the more hours I book, the more $/hour I make along with a 40 hour guarantee.
The guarantee really plays no part for me, because I’m never low on hours, but it’s nice to have as a “just in case”

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a similar experience with the cam phasers on my wife’s expedition. Not nearly as long as your ordeal. I called the 1800 number and in a humble, I’m in need voice asked for help. They responded and I got an extra 36000 mile 4 year bumper to bumper warranty added to the 3/36. I suggest calling for help, but do not get angry, short, or attack the person on the phone. Instead plead your case like a grandmother on the side of the road with a flat tire would.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most auto techs are flat rate, commission based pay. If we perform a service that pays 3 hours, doesnt matter if we do it in 40minutes, or 4.5hours. We make 3 hours regardless.

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / Mercedes E350 (2014)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Could you use a Ford Certified technician that works at an indi shop and get Ford to pay for it, since Ford is failing to honor their warranty responsibilities in a timely fashion through their own network?

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5, 2019 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like someone above suggested I would take the approach of being nice and needing help. It's easy to ramp up to angry and P*ssed off if you truly need to but much harder to go down to nice and needing help if you started angry.

Also you might suggest they tow it to another certified shop that can complete the work in a more timely manner. Calling the 800#s may help too.

Last but not least I am sure Nevada has a state agency to deal with repair shops, might start researching those options as well. If nothing else it may help get the issue resolved. Most shops won't want black marks on their record or customers that have bad things to say about their shop.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW, although cam phasers fail for unrelated reasons, lack of oil changes (5k miles or less) with quality synthetic oil is still the number one killer of cam phasers. Also do your first oil changes even sooner!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Before I start calling the @Ford 800 numbers or the usual channels to try to get some sort of an answer from Ford customer service. I wanted to ask if any of you on this forum has dealt with this situation.
And how you went about getting a remedy for it.
I figure it’d be worth getting some feedback or scenarios before I start making any sort of calls.

So After waiting 8 weeks for parts to come in for the cam phasers, I was finally scheduled.
I dropped off my bronco at the Local dealership. They’ve had my bronco almost 3 weeks now. But today I get a text from the advisor that says.

“Unfortunately the technician has had some unforeseen delays and doesn’t know when exactly he can complete repairs on your Bronco.
I’ve done everything in my power to get a technician on it but even with management involved we just don’t have a technician that can take it on. we will reschedule as soon as possible. “

Considering the conversations through text, I’ve had with the advisor the last few weeks. I’ve been under the impression that the engine has been lifted and the job started.
Which is frustrating to know that I’m getting my bronco back without having the issues fixed .

Have any of you gone through this with your bronco at your local dealership?
For any of you, current or pass Ford technicians, is this scenario I’m going through something that is normal or abnormal?
Hello, can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with? I would like to see if there is anything I can do to assist with your cam phaser repairs!

OP
OP
BroncoVegas19

BroncoVegas19

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello, can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with? I would like to see if there is anything I can do to assist with your cam phaser repairs!
Ok sending PM now

OP
OP
BroncoVegas19

BroncoVegas19

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to say that when the Ford motor company page reaches out on one of our posts, it gives us the consumer hope that there’s a chance that our issue will be resolved. or at the very least be met with some sort of understanding.

But To have representative “Daniel” from Ford, call my phone number and leave a message saying
“Sorry I mean we don’t necessarily have a magical numbers other than what customers have access to…. You can try calling around other dealers.. “

It’s a really crappy way @Ford making an effort to really help us, the consumer with their product.
👎👎

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have to say that when the Ford motor company page reaches out on one of our posts, it gives us the consumer hope that there’s a chance that our issue will be resolved. or at the very least be met with some sort of understanding.

But To have representative “Daniel” from Ford, call my phone number and leave a message saying
“Sorry I mean we don’t necessarily have a magical numbers other than what customers have access to…. You can try calling around other dealers.. “

It’s a really crappy way @Ford making an effort to really help us, the consumer with their product.
👎👎
Yep, they tried with some (simple) repairs that I was getting jerked around by my local dealer(s) on as well. But they really are just the social media people and have zero teeth whatsoever.

Credit to Ford for trying, but if you aren't going to empower your people to actually solve problems, don't send them out there into the wild asking for VINs
Sponsored