Bcar

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 M Coupe, '24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
...nothing can ruin a driving experience faster than piss poor transmission calibration. Probably 75% of the reason we upgraded from a 4runner, worst trans cal EVER.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone enlighten me here? I've only ever bought fuel by octane rating, 87,89,91,93 and 105 when i had track motorcycle.

I've seen some gas stations have separate hoses for E85, but I've never seen E20/E30 referenced anywhere.

I'm still generally happy with the FPP tune on my 2021 2.7L, but more for what it did for shifting vs what it did for power output.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can someone enlighten me here? I've only ever bought fuel by octane rating, 87,89,91,93 and 105 when i had track motorcycle.

I've seen some gas stations have separate hoses for E85, but I've never seen E20/E30 referenced anywhere.

I'm still generally happy with the FPP tune on my 2021 2.7L, but more for what it did for shifting vs what it did for power output.
Normal pump gas is 8~10% ethanol, pump E85 is typically around 55-75% ethanol (usually almost always 65-70 around me). So to get E20 or E30 you would just mix the 2 using a calculator to get an ethanol content around 20-30% which would be E20-E30
Some states/stations sell pump E15, but not many I don’t think.

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normal pump gas is 8~10% ethanol, pump E85 is typically around 55-75% ethanol (usually almost always 65-70 around me). So to get E20 or E30 you would just mix the 2 using a calculator to get an ethanol content around 20-30% which would be E20-E30
Some states/stations sell pump E15, but not many I don’t think.
Correct. I use ecal app and just free hand the calculation. Usually it’s about 3 gallons to get e20. I’ll put in the E first. Then top off with 93. That’s usually about right. The Bronco fuel trims will handle adding the additional fuel need to keep stoich. All is well and you’ll get the equivalent of about 94-95 octane.

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like this. Just make sure you account for there being e20 already in there for the next fill up. You can just change the current E% from 10 to 20. And as always add the E first then top off with 91/93. And please don’t drive it at all until you topped it off with 91/93. My E station has E and the normal octanes in the same pump. So I pump the E then hang it up. Then start a new sale and pump the 93. Then I’m full and it’s all correctly mixed.
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Calibration now available for 2024 Bronco!! IMG_8650

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Correct. I use ecal app and just free hand the calculation. Usually it’s about 3 gallons to get e20. I’ll put in the E first. Then top off with 93. That’s usually about right. The Bronco fuel trims will handle adding the additional fuel need to keep stoich. All is well and you’ll get the equivalent of about 94-95 octane.
Luckily I don’t need to worry about mixing any more with the ZFG e85 tune, but I did add this just to be able to see what E content I’m getting from different stations. It’s pretty nice to have.

https://fuel-it.com/products/fuel-it-flex-fuel-kit-for-ford-bronco

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Luckily I don’t need to worry about mixing any more with the ZFG e85 tune, but I did add this just to be able to see what E content I’m getting from different stations. It’s pretty nice to have.

https://fuel-it.com/products/fuel-it-flex-fuel-kit-for-ford-bronco
Ultimately this is what you want. A real tune from a real tuner and just run full E no mixing. I’ll get there but I’m enjoying not worrying about warranty concerns at the moment. My 22 mustang GT had a whipple and headers at 1500 miles and was touching 9s. Warranty was toast at that point.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks folks. I understand what you’re getting at now.

I’ve been using 91 since I got the tune I don’t think you can get 93 here. I’ve only put 87 in once since the tune install and certainly noticed a difference in output.

Spyder625

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caddy V
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
any timeframe on the raptor calibration?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah its the same in the mustangs. The TCC settings are all goobered up from Ford. They are quite violent.
Overall they are good but certainly could use a final "polishing". Maybe that's too nice of a statement. They really are not OEM quality.

As to ZFGs privacy/IP, I never asked them nor asked them to share HOW they do anything, but rather what they could fix and adjust. Maybe just shortcomings of online communication.

Regardless, getting way OT, but there is an acknowledged problem with shifting and a market to capture here!

Sponsored

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Overall they are good but certainly could use a final "polishing". Maybe that's too nice of a statement. They really are not OEM quality.

As to ZFGs privacy/IP, I never asked them nor asked them to share HOW they do anything, but rather what they could fix and adjust. Maybe just shortcomings of online communication.

Regardless, getting way OT, but there is an acknowledged problem with shifting and a market to capture here!
For sure there is. But sadly the bronco PCM is hardware locked as far as I can see. Any PCM/TCM changes will require a hardware unlock or unlock PCM swap which is what I think ZFG does. Im not in that business anymore, so Im not sure whats available for these.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For sure there is. But sadly the bronco PCM is hardware locked as far as I can see. Any PCM/TCM changes will require a hardware unlock or unlock PCM swap which is what I think ZFG does. Im not in that business anymore, so Im not sure whats available for these.
Bosch blanks.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey man, you should reread my post because I was looking for a fender reduction kit. You know to make the bronco raptor look as good as my Wildtrak.
The bronco raptor calibration hasn't been released yet. Hopefully we'll see it become available soon. Once we get word of it being released we'll make sure to let everyone know. In the meantime if you want a tune for your Braptor the Whipple one is definitely the way to go. I've been running it on my Braptor for quite sometime now and it's legit.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/w...calibration-2022-ford-bronco-raptor-3-0l.html
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Calibration now available for 2024 Bronco!! IMG_8650

Avooca

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back to the topic.... had Procal installed today on 24 Badlands 7-speed. Seems that the manual revmatch feature is not available (using the brake + activation procedure) and the auto start-stop is not staying disabled between starts (and I dont see anything in the device to change this setting).

Can anyone agree/disagree with this finding? I'd love to be wrong!

edit: I'll call support in the AM, just wondering if anyone else has actually installed it so far.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Back to the topic.... had Procal installed today on 24 Badlands 7-speed. Seems that the manual revmatch feature is not available (using the brake + activation procedure) and the auto start-stop is not staying disabled between starts (and I dont see anything in the device to change this setting).

Can anyone agree/disagree with this finding? I'd love to be wrong!

edit: I'll call support in the AM, just wondering if anyone else has actually installed it so far.
If the auto start stop isn’t remembering its last setting, then the tune didn’t load to the vehicle correctly.
Sponsored