First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 | Black Diamond | 35-Inch M/T | 2-Door | 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the info. Currently saving up for these for my Black Diamond non-sas. Btw, the link says they’re for a 2-door. Did that matter at all?
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m really not trying to be a dick or a hater when I say this, but these cost more than the eibachs, aren’t adjustable and give 2” of lift? 3/36k warranty? My dealership are real sticklers about non ford performance parts, especially on the engine (intake, charge pipes, BOV and intercooler all of which I have but doesn’t void the warranty) but know I have the eibachs, zone UCA and fabtech lower rears with the core 4x4 rear track bar and haven’t said a word about it. For the record I think your bronco looks great so kuddos
On top of that Eibachs have a lifetime warranty. The Ford kit is great to maintain a factory warranty if something else goes wrong. But really offer nothing else over the Eibachs.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stance looks good. I agree 35’s are needed.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Currently saving up for these for my Black Diamond non-sas. Btw, the link says they’re for a 2-door. Did that matter at all?
They have a set for 2 door, and for 4 door. I would get the set that corresponds with your vehicle.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks fantastic! I have my eyes on these as well when my budget allows me to do more than appearance mods lol. Does kind of make 33s seem a bit small but it does look great. I'd love some more pictures if you get a chance.

Sponsored

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks a lot better. Pricey but understand why you did it. Something to be said about peace of mind.

I have a SAS OBX and still want a little height, or at least leveling out. I too want to keep my warranty, I have the 75k warranty so trying to keep it. I hate to do it, but will probably have anything done by Ford. I know these dont work on a SAS model, anyone know if more are coming out that will, or leveling? Or if just a leveling kit would void anything out?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With my fenders being different I'm afraid that would affect the comparison. Is there somewhere on the frame that would be ideal to use?
But you don't have different fenders. You have different flares. Axle centerline to fender is standard comparison. Now if you had ADV fenders or some other aftermarket fender, then the comparison wouldn't be an apple to apple.

Ideally, you want the two apples to be as close as possible (chassis weight, engine weight, wheels/tires, etc.)

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Standard Outer Banks with Badlands wheels/tires hub center to fender (front wheel) looks to be right at 23". Hard to tell exactly without removing the flare but that's probably pretty close.

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems like the more I see what people are spending on lift kits, bigger tires, and a needed regearing, the more I’m happy with the value the factory Sasquatch package has to offer.

Sponsored

SeaVee

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 2500 Suburban, 77 Bronco, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My question exactly. Have 5100’s on a 4Runner and a Tahoe and they are awesome

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They have a set for 2 door, and for 4 door. I would get the set that corresponds with your vehicle.
Funny thing is that factory springs come in multiple different rates based on the specific vehicle, but here "Ford Performance Tuning" means one size fits all 2 door and one size fits all 4 door.

LMFAO.

I suspect that the 4 door springs are a little stiffer, but who knows if they have different shock valving, because giving useful information isn't the Ford way.

sjudas

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After 9+ mos of waiting on Ford, I finally was able to purchase and install the new Ford Performance Shocks for non-SAS Broncos. The shocks are marketed as "...uniquely tuned and tested by Ford Performance Engineering to optimize ride and performance both Off- and On-Road" as well as "Approximately 2" of lift results in optimal ground clearance and approach/departure angles", and finally "Direct bolt-in replacement suspension package, improving both ride quality and stance of vehicle." The 2" of lift is right about where I wanted to get to as a non-SAS OBX model.

Even thought they're bolt-on replacements, as a result of the 3 yr/36k warranty if installed by an ASE technician I took them to a local overlanding garage who did the install. Unfortunately I didn't take specific measurements on ground clearance before the install but the technician stated he measured 2". I think it's apparent from the pictures that is probably accurate, but I can take some after measurements if someone can provide a non-SAS OBX with stock Badlands wheels/tires starting measurements to compare with. Here is a before/after (the photo dimensions aren't perfect), but it should illustrate the difference in height and stance.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for non-SAS Bronco Installed! - Impressions, Review, Photos Bilstein-5100-Height-adjustable-0-2.5-lift-front-0-2-rear-shocks-for-2000-2006-Toyota-Tundra

Takeaways after 4-5 days of driving:

• Very happy with the on-road ride quality up to this point. The shocks seemed a little stiff straight out of the garage parking lot but I think they've broken-in quickly. My understanding based on the forum is OBX had the "softest" suspension of all the models so I don't necessarily think these new Ford Performance shocks are softer but they do seem to handle bumps more confidently with the huge 2.65" mono-tube.
  • Love the amount of lift and the improved stance. Seems like it's lost the stock rake but I need to get under there and measure more specifically. I think the stock Badland 17s/33s now seem a little small for the lift and 35s will be in order when I replace the tires (which I should be able to support with 4.27 gearing), but I think the look is somewhat exaggerated because I am running the Ford after-market steel fenders that don't have any lip on them so there's more visibility into the wheel-well. I'll switch back to the painted fenders in the Spring.
  • I haven't been able to take it off-road but I'm confident they're going to be noticeably superior to the stock OBX along with the improved clearance/angles.
I do think the information online for these shocks is lacking at this point - I'd love to understand more in terms of how much travel these have, etc. but all we seem to have is the Ford Performance marketing website info. I was going to call the Ford Performance line and ask for more details but haven't been able to yet. If anyone has more technical details they can share I'd love to see them.

If there are additional pictures or measurements anyone would like to me to provide just let me know. I'm travelling for work over the next few days but I'm sure by the weekend I could provide some updates.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for non-SAS Bronco Installed! - Impressions, Review, Photos Bilstein-5100-Height-adjustable-0-2.5-lift-front-0-2-rear-shocks-for-2000-2006-Toyota-Tundra

The 35s will finish the job.

IMG_4887.jpeg

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like the more I see what people are spending on lift kits, bigger tires, and a needed regearing, the more I’m happy with the value the factory Sasquatch package has to offer.
value of sas is great unless you didn't want the tires, rims, or need the front locker. for me with the 4.46/4a and rear diff i saved over 2k with badlands co takeoffs, wildpeak 33s, and rtr wheels vs sas. i do think there is a line where sas just makes more sense though.

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After 9+ mos of waiting on Ford, I finally was able to purchase and install the new Ford Performance Shocks for non-SAS Broncos. The shocks are marketed as "...uniquely tuned and tested by Ford Performance Engineering to optimize ride and performance both Off- and On-Road" as well as "Approximately 2" of lift results in optimal ground clearance and approach/departure angles", and finally "Direct bolt-in replacement suspension package, improving both ride quality and stance of vehicle." The 2" of lift is right about where I wanted to get to as a non-SAS OBX model.

Even thought they're bolt-on replacements, as a result of the 3 yr/36k warranty if installed by an ASE technician I took them to a local overlanding garage who did the install. Unfortunately I didn't take specific measurements on ground clearance before the install but the technician stated he measured 2". I think it's apparent from the pictures that is probably accurate, but I can take some after measurements if someone can provide a non-SAS OBX with stock Badlands wheels/tires starting measurements to compare with. Here is a before/after (the photo dimensions aren't perfect), but it should illustrate the difference in height and stance.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for non-SAS Bronco Installed! - Impressions, Review, Photos IMG_4887

Takeaways after 4-5 days of driving:

• Very happy with the on-road ride quality up to this point. The shocks seemed a little stiff straight out of the garage parking lot but I think they've broken-in quickly. My understanding based on the forum is OBX had the "softest" suspension of all the models so I don't necessarily think these new Ford Performance shocks are softer but they do seem to handle bumps more confidently with the huge 2.65" mono-tube.
  • Love the amount of lift and the improved stance. Seems like it's lost the stock rake but I need to get under there and measure more specifically. I think the stock Badland 17s/33s now seem a little small for the lift and 35s will be in order when I replace the tires (which I should be able to support with 4.27 gearing), but I think the look is somewhat exaggerated because I am running the Ford after-market steel fenders that don't have any lip on them so there's more visibility into the wheel-well. I'll switch back to the painted fenders in the Spring.
  • I haven't been able to take it off-road but I'm confident they're going to be noticeably superior to the stock OBX along with the improved clearance/angles.
I do think the information online for these shocks is lacking at this point - I'd love to understand more in terms of how much travel these have, etc. but all we seem to have is the Ford Performance marketing website info. I was going to call the Ford Performance line and ask for more details but haven't been able to yet. If anyone has more technical details they can share I'd love to see them.

If there are additional pictures or measurements anyone would like to me to provide just let me know. I'm travelling for work over the next few days but I'm sure by the weekend I could provide some updates.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for non-SAS Bronco Installed! - Impressions, Review, Photos IMG_4887

Nice set up. but do you (or anyone!) know why the shock studs at bottom arent turned upside down so the smooth head of the stud is below and the threaded side points up, thus avoiding the studs protrude so far and possibly getting damaged by road obstacles? could they be pressed out and reversed?
Sponsored