First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The oem radio clips I believe after volume 22 with 40hz tone 0db it can go a bit higher with 1khz test tone 0db but I settled at volume 21. At volume 21 it produces about 8 volts for hi-level which was no good for my Musway so I had to get high to low level converter and have the hi-level output converter set to 4.5v of output at volume 21. If you are shopping for amps make sure to look at input sensitivity just an fYI.
Sponsored

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a Musway M4+ 4ch amp dsp 100w @ 4 ohm. It also has rca outputs for another 4channels of dsp if you wish to add more amps. when I started the build I thought it was good to go but quickly ran into a bunch of problems and headaches. My system consists of morel maximo 602 mk2 component up front and morel Maximo 6.5 in the rear powered by the Musway. I threw a kicker 8 inch sub powered by kicker key 500.1. I got sound skins treatment for the kick panels and trunk area also sounds skin speaker rings. Initial set up was component up front running passive and coax rear powered by the dsp amp. For tuning I got the Dayton imm6 mic and studio six RTA. Dsp settings where 80hz to 20khz lr24 slopes, time alignment, gain all the way down used Andy’s target curve but everything sounded either to bright or to thin. I quickly realized that the tweeter in dash corners was a no go. I decided to go active and replaced the morel tweeters for audiofrog wideband gs25, so now the amp is only powering front stage and rear is running of oem HU. Again same thing the sound was weird the midrange was to harsh and thin and no tweeter frequency. I was using 80-350 for the 6.5 and 350hz-20khz for gs25. It felt like the little wideband speaker was doing all the work and the midbass was just doing nothing. I decided to play with the crossover and ended up with 80hz to 800hz on the 6.5 mid and 1khz-20khz on the audiofrog gs25. Right of the bat much better and more full. Also way easier to tune. Now it sounds loud and lots of headroom. But I feel like my mid bass is lacking a bit. I tried to seal all the holes in the kick panels wonder if that is preventing my midbass to sound good. I need to upgrade my 8inch sub to a 10inch because now it can’t keep up with my front stage.

I would highly recommend an A2B interface, this will allow you to remove the factory amplifier which is most likely the source for your issues here. You are fighting the factory eq-ing, even if you use input equalization you're still fighting phase filtering which the musway DSP cannot correct for.

This will make a world of difference
https://mobridge.us/product/da-g2-standard-a2b-ford/