BurnR8

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello to all, I am new to the forum, but hoping for a little help. I did not ask for the recall to be done but it happened anyway and dealer says it cant be "undone". Basically, I have the Alpharex headlights and they are awesome and crisp both with DRL's and lights themselves, but he recall dimmed the percentage brightness on the DRLs and now they look wimpy now and it is driving me crazy. I am hoping someone knows where I can find the adjustment in Forscan to replace the brightness percentage in the BCM back to stock or possibly brighter. I have looked for posts, checked as built in BCM in Forscan and cannot find any solution anywhere. Any help here is appreciated or if anyone had the same issue with the recall, lmk. Thanks
Sponsored

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So your first post here is to ask how to make your headlights brighter than stock and blind oncoming drivers. Thanks for stopping by!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

which recall are you talking about?

OP
OP

BurnR8

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So your first post here is to ask how to make your headlights brighter than stock and blind oncoming drivers. Thanks for stopping by!
You missed my point or I did not articulate it well enough. The Alpharex headlights were ALREADY DOT compliant, the OEM Signatures were not, hence the recall. The recall dimmed my already DOT compliant lumen count to something that is a fraction of the percentage allowed by DOT. I appreciate your reply so much and your tone was awesome, thanks for the help.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2024 Rivian R1S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got a pic of what it looks like now?

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've looked all over the interwebs, I don't see anything resembling a recall for the signature headlights. The only issue I find post launch is where people were finding their lights on for no reason. Anyone else have any luck finding out what OP is talking about?

OP
OP

BurnR8

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've looked all over the interwebs, I don't see anything resembling a recall for the signature headlights. The only issue I find post launch is where people were finding their lights on for no reason. Anyone else have any luck finding out what OP is talking about?
I will have to look it up but I got a recall notice shortly after buying it that mention brightness of DRLs....sort of ignored it and then I had to do an alternator recall because it died and the dealer threw all the recall whammies on me that I had not done. This was one of them. I need not notice for weeks until my wife came to pick me up and I actually saw them from the front and how dim they were. They were awesome when I first installed them but now, not so much. I had another Bronco park next to me and his were almost twice as bright....

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will have to look it up but I got a recall notice shortly after buying it that mention brightness of DRLs....sort of ignored it and then I had to do an alternator recall because it died and the dealer threw all the recall whammies on me that I had not done. This was one of them. I need not notice for weeks until my wife came to pick me up and I actually saw them from the front and how dim they were. They were awesome when I first installed them but now, not so much. I had another Bronco park next to me and his were almost twice as bright....
I think you’re confused. There are no alternator recalls or headlight recalls for a Bronco..

Sponsored
OP
OP

BurnR8

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope, there is a basically a silent recall and upgrade for alternators that get wet and fail. My buddy had his go bad and got it completely replaced under warranty as a known problem and then it happened to me three weeks later. They replace and upgrade the alternator with a new part with different part number and a shroud that keeps the water out. It is about a $3k fix, I just looked on the NHTSA web site and that one is not listed and neither is the the DRL...

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only recalls that Ford has had for LED headlights recently are the ones for the Super Duty service headlamp assembly. The only one that I can remember for the Bronco had to do with early models and that boiled down to an incorrect design in the headlamp switch . The Bronco Sport had one for parking lights that flickered. The alternator is not a recall, its a TSB for a faulty generator due to mud accumulation. I deal with recalls all day as a mobile Ford tech and those are the only ones listed.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you're confusing people by using the term "recall." The alternator shield and replacement was a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin). Certain things can be fixed through their Customer Satisfaction program as well. Neither of those are recalls.

OP
OP

BurnR8

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ok, Technical service bulletin and silent recall were always sort of the same to me, but I do apologize for the confusion. So the TSB on the alternator was real and a known problem. I cannot find the DRL notice for the Bronco but did find one for F150s that maybe was what I got as I have one that was affected by that. So, to slightly redirect, some how after being at the dealer for the alternator issue, when I got the Bronco back the DRLs are severely dimmer. Does anyone know who to adjust that in Forscan like you can do on the F150s?

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ok, Technical service bulletin and silent recall were always sort of the same to me, but I do apologize for the confusion. So the TSB on the alternator was real and a known problem. I cannot find the DRL notice for the Bronco but did find one for F150s that maybe was what I got as I have one that was affected by that. So, to slightly redirect, some how after being at the dealer for the alternator issue, when I got the Bronco back the DRLs are severely dimmer. Does anyone know who to adjust that in Forscan like you can do on the F150s?
I'm going to get into Forscan on mine this weekend and I will let you know what I find
Sponsored