Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just got back from getting my Bronco serviced at the dealership. After seeing both of the porters who moved my Bronco slam it's door behind them while walking away, and one of them moved another owner's Bronco and did the same right in front of me. So I politely called the guy over and asked him if he was aware of the frame less windows and that the windows go down and up when you open and close the doors? And, we was engaged in a conversation with the porter, who was polite and generally interested comparing the Bronco's frame less window with the Jeep's framed windows that had he just drove too.

The owner of the Bronco that we were standing next to, walked by at the same time, he seemed to be smiling at what I was telling the porter and I asked him "Do you mind if I show him (the porter) what I mean?" To my surprise as I reached for the door he says, "Yea! I mind! DON'T TOUCH MY Bronco!" And Then goes from smiling at us to looking back with a glare.

Really! I wanted to call out to the guy who's about half my age and ask him, "do you know how many people are gong open and close your Bronco's door while it's being moved around and serviced?" But I said nothing, even after the stare down he tried to throw back.

The porter than remarked "Yea every time he comes in his Bronco [a black Badlands] is spotless clean and it looks like he never takes it off road." Then joked about how many Broncos come in and look to have never been taken off road, asking "why these owners buy and never go off pavement at all?" He then comment on how dirty mine was before he washed it and pointing out my stickers, which are just some of my outings, "Yours is always dirty when you come in".

After the kid walked away, we joked about mall crawlers and uptight owners. I mean if I was some rando off the street, I'd get the attitude about not touching it, but a fellow Bronco owner and an old guy too, trying to educate a porter on how to better take care of "Your Bronco" to not damage it?
I appreciate your post but also disagree with you on several points. I am of the belief that if you take a clean and cared for vehicle to the dealership, in general, they see that you take care of it and will handle it in like manner. I take a box of doughnuts in for the mechanics every time I take mine in so they remember me and treat my ride right. I may never take mine off road, for numerous reasons. That is my business and as a fellow Bronco owner...why knock each other?! I have taken mine to car shows and enjoy the hell out of it. That's my business. Get yours dirty, scratch it, dent it...I don't care and I don't criticize those that do. I love the look and ride of the Bronco. I feel safe in it and it is fun to drive....yeah...even on the road and at the mall! As far as the "lot kid", I appreciate you telling him about the window feature. We are trusting these kids to drive $50K upwards of over $100K vehicles. Quite frankly it scares me to think how they drive them. I have read the horror stories about them backing in to brand new cars, speeding on the lot on blind corners and hitting someone and those that go for a joy ride with a customers car. It's why I always stay at the dealership for service.

Zero Options

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The people who shuffle the cars around at my local dealer never touch my Bronco. None of them can drive a manual. Usually a service manager or mechanic can. Always gives me a little chuckle.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Arrowbear Rider you managed to piss off 3 different groups with your thread:
- I bought it for its looks, I don’t off road.
- I like to keep my car clean
- And Get Off my Lawn
Might be a record??

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought as much, otherwise I would have said that's an ambitious run. Last year I bent my sliders on Holcomb Creek after the snow run off made it far worse than normal. So, I dialed it down a notch this year going on the Squeeze instead.
Now that I see your name, I think we met last year at BBBB & Moab Bronco Safari. You had your arm in a sling at the Safari & were driving a manual if I'm thinking of the right guy 🤔

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As far as the "lot kid", I appreciate you telling him about the window feature. We are trusting these kids to drive $50K upwards of over $100K vehicles. Quite frankly it scares me to think how they drive them. I have read the horror stories about them backing in to brand new cars, speeding on the lot on blind corners and hitting someone and those that go for a joy ride with a customers car. It's why I always stay at the dealership for service.
That was the beginning of my whole idea, maybe it got lost along the way, I tend to give too much details... My boss loved on my audits and reports, but hated in my emails. ;)

While I shared my experience and the lot guys too, it was more about the idea of what you're talking about above and that I'm a fellow owner who was trying to help him out too. So when they think it's about getting my feelings hurt, it's not. But I do think too many get too angry about nothing when there's more in common, we're both Bronco owners who want people to treat them right when they handle them; I'm not some rando on the street.

Comparing the majority of Bronco owners that I've met is only natural because they've all been so great! I've met owners at events and runs that show off their sounds systems and other things that have nothing to do with wheeling.

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wish people would just get over this “mall crawlers” thing. if it wasn’t for the mall crawlers that buy 90% of the off-road vehicles, manufactures wouldn’t even bother making new vehicles, jeep broncos, etc.

90% of pickup owners have nothing in their bed and are not picking up anything…
99% sports cars go the speed limit etc.etc.

just get over the “tough guy off road king” shtick

“The porter than remarked "Yea every time he comes in his Bronco [a black Badlands] is spotless clean and it looks like he never takes it off road." Then joked about how many Broncos come in and look to have never been taken off road, asking "why these owners buy and never go off pavement at all?" He then comment on how dirty mine was before he washed it and pointing out my stickers, which are just some of my outings, "Yours is always dirty when you come in".

After the kid walked away, we joked about mall crawlers and uptight owners. I mean if I was some rando off the street, I'd get the attitude about not touching it, but a fellow Bronco owner and an old guy too, trying to educate a porter on how to better take care of "Your Bronco" to not damage it?”

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The people who shuffle the cars around at my local dealer never touch my Bronco. None of them can drive a manual. Usually a service manager or mechanic can. Always gives me a little chuckle.
Mine's a manual too, but both porters were capable driving it, they just didn't know about the windows. They were generally interested and good guys who wanted to do right.

Every time I call for an appointment they offer pick up, but I decline and tell them it's a manual, and then they say, oh, yea we don't pick up manuals.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wish people would just get over this “mall crawlers” thing. if it wasn’t for the mall crawlers that buy 90% of the off-road vehicles, manufactures wouldn’t even bother making new vehicles, jeep broncos, etc.

90% of pickup owners have nothing in their bed and are not picking up anything…
99% sports cars go the speed limit etc.etc.

just get over the “tough guy off road king” shtick

“The porter than remarked "Yea every time he comes in his Bronco [a black Badlands] is spotless clean and it looks like he never takes it off road." Then joked about how many Broncos come in and look to have never been taken off road, asking "why these owners buy and never go off pavement at all?" He then comment on how dirty mine was before he washed it and pointing out my stickers, which are just some of my outings, "Yours is always dirty when you come in".

After the kid walked away, we joked about mall crawlers and uptight owners. I mean if I was some rando off the street, I'd get the attitude about not touching it, but a fellow Bronco owner and an old guy too, trying to educate a porter on how to better take care of "Your Bronco" to not damage it?”
You're missing the point and getting bent about the mall crawler thing when the point is how fast he got angry about someone daring to even ask about touching his precious Bronco when a half of dozen people who work at the dealership are going to be touching it and more; some driving it!

We can still be civil in this country, we don't have to be rude because some asks to "touch" your car to teach someone something.

That's really my point here, too many are upset about it being about "I'll use it the way I want & it's mine don't touch", when it's really about being nice when someone asked you permission, you can be nice about it.

The rest was banter between me and the porter because of his reaction and glaring back a second time, so we roasted him a bit among ourselves... it happens.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ways to know you’re in a club:

[☑]you joined a club

[ ❌]you bought the same car

Just so you’re not confused when somebody acts like they’re not in a club with you because you own the same vehicle as them.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you not read, I was asking permission, I didn't actually touch it.
lol! :ROFLMAO:

Not even sure why you bothered man. A LOT of the same guys you mention populate this forum, some of the usuals have already commented.

I laugh because it’s a Ford man. Sure, don’t want anyone sitting on it, leaning on it or standing on it since it’s light weight aluminum, but the cheap little plastic door handle? No, touch away.

I‘ve rubbed more branches and rocks with this thing than I care to count. Like you out there, I live in a city full of guys who want to look, but would never do, shit. It’s the nature of things these days. They want so bad to look like you, but would never try to be like you or do what you do that makes what you do and your rig so cool to begin with.

Then there’s the guys who keep these Wranglers, 4Runners for sure, and Broncos spotless with no dirt or mud or scratches in the undercarriage or wheel wells. When I spot them, I just ignore and keep driving. When they complement my Bronco, I just nod and walk away.

Best thing to do here is get used to it. You’re not alone, per se, but there are fewer of you than you can imagine.

Keep hitting them trails brother. I see you, wheeler! :wink:

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a side note (related) I find a lot of people slam the doors on my Bronco, maybe because they expect them to be much heavier than they are? (likely due to the aluminum?)

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would have walked over and put a big hand print on it if he had said that to me.
Sponsored