Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just got back from getting my Bronco serviced at the dealership. After seeing both of the porters who moved my Bronco slam it's door behind them while walking away, and one of them moved another owner's Bronco and did the same right in front of me. So I politely called the guy over and asked him if he was aware of the frame less windows and that the windows go down and up when you open and close the doors? And, we was engaged in a conversation with the porter, who was polite and generally interested comparing the Bronco's frame less window with the Jeep's framed windows that had he just drove too.

The owner of the Bronco that we were standing next to, walked by at the same time, he seemed to be smiling at what I was telling the porter and I asked him "Do you mind if I show him (the porter) what I mean?" To my surprise as I reached for the door he says, "Yea! I mind! DON'T TOUCH MY Bronco!" And Then goes from smiling at us to looking back with a glare.

Really! I wanted to call out to the guy who's about half my age and ask him, "do you know how many people are gong open and close your Bronco's door while it's being moved around and serviced?" But I said nothing, even after the stare down he tried to throw back.

The porter than remarked "Yea every time he comes in his Bronco [a black Badlands] is spotless clean and it looks like he never takes it off road." Then joked about how many Broncos come in and look to have never been taken off road, asking "why these owners buy and never go off pavement at all?" He then comment on how dirty mine was before he washed it and pointing out my stickers, which are just some of my outings, "Yours is always dirty when you come in".

After the kid walked away, we joked about mall crawlers and uptight owners. I mean if I was some rando off the street, I'd get the attitude about not touching it, but a fellow Bronco owner and an old guy too, trying to educate a porter on how to better take care of "Your Bronco" to not damage it?
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meh, it is what it tis, and those types do not bother me. I just keep it moving.

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wouldn't have let you use my bronco for a demonstration either. Don't think it required a 5 paragraph post on the internet

Last edited:

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

LOL, I was in the parking lot of a grocery store loading up. A guy walks by and asks if I like my Bronco, he was thinking about buying one.
I said “I love it! It’s unlocked, go ahead and open it up and look around.” While I continued to load my groceries.
🤷🏻‍♂️

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mines always clean…hmmm. Probably the pilot in me. But it’s certainly not from non use. Plus, I encourage people to check mine out. Even offered it up to another pilot the other night during a rain storm. He was at work on a motorcycle heading home. As much as I like it, it’s still just a thing.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mines always clean…hmmm. Probably the pilot in me. But it’s certainly not from non use. Plus, I encourage people to check mine out. Even offered it up to another pilot the other night during a rain storm. He was at work on a motorcycle heading home. As much as I like it, it’s still just a thing.
I've let probably 8-10 people drive my Bronco. Not like cross country, but around to get a feel. People are always like, that drives better than I thought.

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's not about it being clean, when not being used off road mine's clean. But the techs know from underneath how they are used, I think that was what the porter was referring to as much as just being clean. Mines dusty underneath and I went on a run just two days ago and knew the dealer was going to wash so it was dirty.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

LOL, I was in the parking lot of a grocery store loading up. A guy walks by and asks if I like my Bronco, he was thinking about buying one.
I said “I love it! It’s unlocked, go ahead and open it up and look around.” While I continued to load my groceries.
🤷🏻‍♂️
Yep, same here but no way in hell they're driving it!

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are a mass produced vehicle. I let anybody that wants to look at it, get in etc do it. Especially Jeep folks. I had a 2013 GT500 (one of nine in the world with my options), and I would let kids sit in it at any car show I was at. The only thing I checked is to see how dirty their pants etc were. Mine is a daily driver for the most part, but it has been out and about in the wild. When I run into folks like that I just laugh and walk away knowing the stick in their butt hurts them more than me. If you had asked me I would have said sure show him what's what's.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's unfortunate that some are so uptight 😏 .

Hey @Arrowbear Rider, you coming to BBBB this week?
Sponsored