Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep, same here but no way in hell they're driving it!
No, not a stranger. But I let coworkers, friends and family drive it. Even let my GF’s daughter try it out off road.
It’s still here….
Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So you wouldn’t mind if I walked up to your house and opened and closed the door, right, or pulled a window down to show someone I’m with how a window works. Even if you were outside watering the lawn and I asked for permission?

The other guy is uptight, needlessly so, but it’s his right to be. I can’t believe this is even a thread…..

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL, I was in the parking lot of a grocery store loading up. A guy walks by and asks if I like my Bronco, he was thinking about buying one.
I said “I love it! It’s unlocked, go ahead and open it up and look around.” While I continued to load my groceries.
🤷🏻‍♂️
A couple that frequents a local bar that I do were asking me about mine when I first got it and saying they had been thinking about ordering one. I let her check it out and even drive it around the parking lot. Next time I saw them a few weeks or so later they had ordered it. 23 2dr azure gray big bend v6 and nothing else. They got it fairly quick too.

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So you wouldn’t mind if I walked up to your house and opened and closed the door, right, or pulled a window down to show someone I’m with how a window works. Even if you were outside watering the lawn and I asked for permission?

The other guy is uptight, needlessly so, but it’s his right to be. I can’t believe this is even a thread…..
That's a stretch of a comparison. I would never do that to someone's home. We're at a dealership where that door is going to be opened and closed many times by many people, the porter's words. You replied.

Sponsored

Sgt Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got back from getting my Bronco serviced at the dealership. After seeing both of the porters who moved my Bronco slam it's door behind them while walking away, and one of them moved another owner's Bronco and did the same right in front of me. So I politely called the guy over and asked him if he was aware of the frame less windows and that the windows go down and up when you open and close the doors? And, we was engaged in a conversation with the porter, who was polite and generally interested comparing the Bronco's frame less window with the Jeep's framed windows that had he just drove too.

The owner of the Bronco that we were standing next to, walked by at the same time, he seemed to be smiling at what I was telling the porter and I asked him "Do you mind if I show him (the porter) what I mean?" To my surprise as I reached for the door he says, "Yea! I mind! DON'T TOUCH MY Bronco!" And Then goes from smiling at us to looking back with a glare.

Really! I wanted to call out to the guy who's about half my age and ask him, "do you know how many people are gong open and close your Bronco's door while it's being moved around and serviced?" But I said nothing, even after the stare down he tried to throw back.

The porter than remarked "Yea every time he comes in his Bronco [a black Badlands] is spotless clean and it looks like he never takes it off road." Then joked about how many Broncos come in and look to have never been taken off road, asking "why these owners buy and never go off pavement at all?" He then comment on how dirty mine was before he washed it and pointing out my stickers, which are just some of my outings, "Yours is always dirty when you come in".

After the kid walked away, we joked about mall crawlers and uptight owners. I mean if I was some rando off the street, I'd get the attitude about not touching it, but a fellow Bronco owner and an old guy too, trying to educate a porter on how to better take care of "Your Bronco" to not damage it?
We get it, your feelings are hurt. No need to call out people who like to take good care of their vehicles. Hope you feel better after venting.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Imagine a rig getting used and somehow getting washed afterwards. That said-we always wash ours before service-the undercarriage option is selected. Wrenching on a dirty rig sucks; I’m definitely not going to make it worse for someone else by bringing it in a mess.

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Imagine a rig getting used and somehow getting washed afterwards. That said-we always wash ours before service-the undercarriage option is selected. Wrenching on a dirty rig sucks; I’m definitely not going to make it worse for someone else by bringing it in a mess.
I understand, and I don't bring it in dirty and or muddy, but it's still dusty in all the nooks and crannies. The last run I went on was all dust, so even an undercarriage wash isn't getting all of that, the tech I've spoken with understand that, and he's a fan of Broncos being used. The same guy has done mine twice now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I understand, and I don't bring it in dirty and or muddy, but it's still dusty in all the nooks and crannies. The last run I went on was all dust, so even an undercarriage wash isn't getting all of that, the tech I've spoken with understand that, and he's a fan of Broncos being used. The same guy has done mine twice now.
Sometimes there are other signs besides dust 😂. I’m surprised they didn’t cancel our warranty after seeing the frame before the skids were installed. Apparently that’s a thing.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If someone wants to judge how I use the vehicle I paid for with my money, they can go ahead and do so.

They can also go f*ck themselves, it's none of their business.
You're right to feel that way. No problem.

I think the porter's comment was more about the different attitudes of the customers, and that was more my point too. I've met a lot of Bronco owners at runs and events and all are ready and willing to show them off, while per the porter, the owners that come in spotless and appear to never go off road seem to have a different attitude from all those owners I've met on runs.

I guess I was surprised at how quickly he went from smiling and friendly to angry or upset that I would even ask to touch it. We were closer to his Bronco than mine or I would have just used mine.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs