Threads
Reaction score
Website
gluefactoryoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I couldn't find something I liked on the market so I busted out the CAD. My cardboard aided design.

Totally not related tangent question not legally related to anything you see in this photo. Does anyone know what the torque spec is on a 2 door searbelt bolt? Or if one exists? Just asking outta total curiosity.

20230506_074010.jpg

20230506_072840.jpg
Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use the same CAD system you do. It has done me well over the years.

I have to ask why you stayed up as high as you did from the base?

Did you find a panel and use it? Or do have a CNC and cut it your self?

Mike

OP
OP
GlueBoy

GlueBoy

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gluefactoryoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use the same CAD system you do. It has done me well over the years.

I have to ask why you stayed up as high as you did from the base?

Did you find a panel and use it? Or do have a CNC and cut it your self?

Mike
Great observation. I wanted to access the hardtop mounting bolts easily. I didn't want to have to work on making the system more complicated to remove the hard top. All the systems out there made it look like a pain to unbolt from the hard top. I could have used pem style nuts, but I have a bad track record with them failing.

Granted the frequency is seasonally at most, I'm just super lazy and want change over from hard top to no hard top to be quick.

I designed it all and outsourced the fab of the plate and brackets through send cut send. I don't have easy access to a CNC or break anymore. 😔

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we see sone photos from a few feet away? Curious how this looks as if from across the campsite.

OP
OP
GlueBoy

GlueBoy

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gluefactoryoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can we see sone photos from a few feet away? Curious how this looks as if from across the campsite.
I don't have a better photo of it with the top off and the molle installed yet. I just got it on yesterday. I'll circle back once I do though!

20230304_132719.jpg

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks nice..well done

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great observation. I wanted to access the hardtop mounting bolts easily. I didn't want to have to work on making the system more complicated to remove the hard top. All the systems out there made it look like a pain to unbolt from the hard top. I could have used pem style nuts, but I have a bad track record with them failing.

Granted the frequency is seasonally at most, I'm just super lazy and want change over from hard top to no hard top to be quick.

I designed it all and outsourced the fab of the plate and brackets through send cut send. I don't have easy access to a CNC or break anymore. 😔
I really like your implementation with the gap between the panel and the sill. You make it easy to access the MIC top bolts while not sacrificing the utility of the panel. 👏

How much was your total cost? And are you considering offering your design to the B6G community?

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might have something here...

OP
OP
GlueBoy

GlueBoy

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gluefactoryoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like your implementation with the gap between the panel and the sill. You make it easy to access the MIC top bolts while not sacrificing the utility of the panel. 👏

How much was your total cost? And are you considering offering your design to the B6G community?
The price was silly since it was a one off run for a set, around $500. I'm looking into mass producing it and can get a closer to $200. I have a lot more ideas which now I'm able to implement and will likely try and open up a store front. I'm going to give that a shot first.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was a breeze to install the hardtop, and it's still fully functional.

Ford Bronco DIY 2 door molle panel 20230509_090944
Can you show interior photos with the MIC top on? Your first post shows the support brackets sharing the same mounting points for the MIC top.

OP
OP
GlueBoy

GlueBoy

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gluefactoryoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you show interior photos with the MIC top on? Your first post shows the support brackets sharing the same mounting points for the MIC top.
I'll get photos tomorrow, dinner, and putting kids to bed. They still use the same mounting points for the hardtop. The bolt secures the bracket and the hardtop. So it would be bolt head, bracket, hardtop, then the factory bolting feature. The hardtop bolts are long enough.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll get photos tomorrow, dinner, and putting kids to bed. They still use the same mounting points for the hardtop. The bolt secures the bracket and the hardtop. So it would be bolt head, bracket, hardtop, then the factory bolting feature. The hardtop bolts are long enough.
If the bracket sits atop of the sill of the MIC top, then it will be raised the thickness of the sill plate. Where does it mount to the MOLLE panel if the bracket is raised?
Ford Bronco DIY 2 door molle panel 1684148053181

OP
OP
GlueBoy

GlueBoy

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gluefactoryoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the bracket sits atop of the sill of the MIC top, then it will be raised the thickness of the sill plate. Where does it mount to the MOLLE panel if the bracket is raised?
Ford Bronco DIY 2 door molle panel 1684148053181
There are no changes in the molle plate, the bracket itself is slotted to account for install with and without the hardtop. I did this for the molle interface and the sill interface.
Sponsored