catbus16

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The color just naturally darkens over time. With 50k miles, it doesn’t seem abnormal at all from what I’ve seen. But like you mentioned, just keep an eye on it.
Oh btw since I guess they probably only did a drain/fill and claim it as a flush, should I avoid this dealer in the future? Is it normal for dealer to call drain/fill flush?
Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh btw since I guess they probably only did a drain/fill and claim it as a flush, should I avoid this dealer in the future? Is it normal for dealer to call drain/fill flush?
Curious which ford dealer you went to, as it seems we are from the same neck of the woods. I've always been on the fence between star & advantage in the event i need warranty work done.

OP
OP

catbus16

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious which ford dealer you went to, as it seems we are from the same neck of the woods. I've always been on the fence between star & advantage in the event i need warranty work done.
I went to envision ford Lincoln of Duarte near LA. Does getting service down outside dealer disqualify you from getting warranty??

Last edited:

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m went to envision ford Lincoln of Duarte near LA. Does getting service down outside dealer disqualify you from getting warranty??
You don’t have to have your service done at a dealer to keep warranty. You just need to keep records of the maintenance in case Ford asks to see if a maintenance issue led to the particular issue you are trying to get warrantied. Ford needs to indicate that your lack of/poor maintenance etc… led to the issue in order to deny coverage. Having your work done at a dealer helps make sure the paperwork is there for them to review and it helps keep the electronic log up to date.

Honestly, where I am, the good dealers are only slightly more expensive than other mechanics and the service is good (they do stuff like car pickup and drop off at your house). So I just go to the dealer. I typically don’t do service myself.

OP
OP

catbus16

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don’t have to have your service done at a dealer to keep warranty. You just need to keep records of the maintenance in case Ford asks to see if a maintenance issue led to the particular issue you are trying to get warrantied. Ford needs to indicate that your lack of/poor maintenance etc… led to the issue in order to deny coverage. Having your work done at a dealer helps make sure the paperwork is there for them to review and it helps keep the electronic log up to date.

Honestly, where I am, the good dealers are only slightly more expensive than other mechanics and the service is good (they do stuff like car pickup and drop off at your house). So I just go to the dealer. I typically don’t do service myself.
Thanks that makes a lot of sense! It’s just an odd coincidence that one of the first maintenance knowledge I learn proves the dealer is not doing a good job lol

Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went to envision ford Lincoln of Duarte near LA. Does getting service down outside dealer disqualify you from getting warranty??

Ah gotcha, thanks! From what I've read that was the better of the two. Been DIYing all my maintenance so far.

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Braptor, ‘71 Highboy F250, ‘54 Willys
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wouldn’t hurt to ask the dealer their steps in the process when they flush. If it’s simply to drain it out, there’s still some coolant left in the engine block, radiator coils, pump,and lines (along with some rust and scale) and if they don’t circulate it out during change you’d have that small amount mixing with new. It looks better though and if what you’re seeing is that small mixture, I agree with @Ducati1098 you’d be ok till your next sched. change. So long as the brown you’re seeing isn’t a film that sticks to the inside of the fill reservoir walls, or it turns brown again quickly, you should be good.

Last edited:

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here’s the coolant out of reservoir. It is brighter but ford yellow coolant is almost Neon color. Do you think the dealer didn’t do a good job for a full flush?

IMG_1819.jpeg

IMG_1821.jpeg
That pic is of straight, non mixed, non diluted coolant. It’s usually mixed 50/50 with water when you put it in the vehicle.