First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pulled the trigger today on a 6112 order and a trac bar relo bracket. Was initially going to go for the FP one but then I figured that someday, as unlikely as it seems, I may change my tune on 35 inch tires, and the Billstein should let me go all the way to 37s if I am stupid enough to put them on the stock BD transmission.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Other than the height adjustments, is there a reason to prefer these over the FP 2" lift? The cost is nearly identical to the (discounted) price on the FP 2" lift.
From what I’ve researched the FP branded Bilsteins are the same 2.6” diameter as the 6112s not sure though if the spring is same as comes with Bilstein 6112s or if FP changed anything or not. Reason I went with Bilstein 6112 package vs FP was I want to be able to adjust height if necessary after adding skids/steel bumpers, etc.

Also, I found the Bilstein 6112s on a Labor Day sale for $1,450.00 shipped, so jumped on them.

BTW, the 6112 coilovers are soooo much better than the stock Hibachi units were! Firm yet comfortable handling much more planted on rough road surfaces, brake dive mostly gone, a much more confidence inspiring ride, highly recommend them!

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pulled the trigger today on a 6112 order and a trac bar relo bracket. Was initially going to go for the FP one but then I figured that someday, as unlikely as it seems, I may change my tune on 35 inch tires, and the Billstein should let me go all the way to 37s if I am stupid enough to put them on the stock BD transmission.
Nice, you’re going to like the 6112s, vast improvement in ride/handling. And, as Aonarch pointed out (above), the trac bar relo bracket really does help. Be sure you have the most recent ver. of Bilstein install instructions for your application as they are different clip location heights for different Bronco trims AND the clip height locations are different between the front and rear. When I installed 4 to 6 weeks ago, the most recent instructions were the 5/2022 ver. and older/outdated clip height tables were included with coil-overs, so I had to get updated stuff through my seller (Shock Surplus). Good luck…

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice, you’re going to like the 6112s, vast improvement in ride/handling. And, as Aonarch pointed out (above), the trac bar relo bracket really does help. Be sure you have the most recent ver. of Bilstein install instructions for your application as they are different clip location heights for different Bronco trims AND the clip height locations are different between the front and rear. When I installed 4 to 6 weeks ago, the most recent instructions were the 5/2022 ver. and older/outdated clip height tables were included with coil-overs, so I had to get updated stuff through my seller (Shock Surplus). Good luck…
Yes I am aware of the updated settings tables. I am having mine installed by a well respected local 4x4 shop (Checkered Automotive in Chula Vista), but will remind them of this. My request is lowest lift, I neither need nor want more than 2" with the 33s.

Glad I got me some Broaddict side steps recently, with the extra 2 inches getting into the truck is going to be easier, esp for my wife. For anyone interested, they are on a deep sale at least for the moment, around $135 for a set of two.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From what I’ve researched the FP branded Bilsteins are the same 2.6” diameter as the 6112s not sure though if the spring is same as comes with Bilstein 6112s or if FP changed anything or not. Reason I went with Bilstein 6112 package vs FP was I want to be able to adjust height if necessary after adding skids/steel bumpers, etc.

Also, I found the Bilstein 6112s on a Labor Day sale for $1,450.00 shipped, so jumped on them.

BTW, the 6112 coilovers are soooo much better than the stock Hibachi units were! Firm yet comfortable handling much more planted on rough road surfaces, brake dive mostly gone, a much more confidence inspiring ride, highly recommend them!
FP are 6100s, which are the same general shock as the 6112. The difference is the springs. The FP kit uses Sasquatch springs. 6112s use Bilstein springs.

FP is not height adjustable, which is good and bad. Good in that Ford Performance have them setup OOTB with specific ride height, spring rate, preload and valving to match. Bad in that you can’t adjust height, so if you add armor, accessories or a winch, you are SOL. But OOTB they perform excellent.

I’m debating adding a 1/2 strut top spacer to bring my front end up a bit. I currently have 2” of rake.

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FP are 6100s, which are the same general shock as the 6112. The difference is the springs. The FP kit uses Sasquatch springs. 6112s use Bilstein springs.

FP is not height adjustable, which is good and bad. Good in that Ford Performance have them setup OOTB with specific ride height, spring rate, preload and valving to match. Bad in that you can’t adjust height, so if you add armor, accessories or a winch, you are SOL. But OOTB they perform excellent.

I’m debating adding a 1/2 strut top spacer to bring my front end up a bit. I currently have 2” of rake.
According to the lift table at Shock Surplus, the 6112 is also not very friendly towards 2dr Broncos, while FP sells a set tuned for them

https://www.shocksurplus.com/blogs/news/bilstein-6100s-vs-6112s-which-is-right-for-your-bronco

If the above table is correct thre minimum lift on a 2dr non BL non SAS is 3.6"

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One additional question - how much does the sub model affect the lift height from the 6112? The Shock Surplus table bundles everything non BL into a single bucket, but the 2.7L adds weight and so do things like the modular number, skids and rock rails on the BD.

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the 6112s and the ride is so much better than stock badlands
Really, better than the stock Bilsteins? I’m thinking about getting the 6112’s, there such a good value.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Really, better than the stock Bilsteins? I’m thinking about getting the 6112’s, there such a good value.
That's what all reviews say. On road at low speeds they are supposedly less stiff with less nosedive than HOSS 2.0. Off-road at low speed they are said to be similar, and better at high speed where the digressive valving tends to make them sloppy. Shock Surplus has a great comparison video on YT.

Sponsored

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I'm on setting 4 and 35s. Offroaded hard and no rubs. No regrets, email stage 3.they are a sponsor and will give you a great deal

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pics of my horsey before and after 6112s. Lift is 2.1" in front and 2.4" in back. Incoming rake was 10mm. I like the outcome. Reasonable lift without the wheel wells looking ridiculously empty. Used the opportunity to install the RC rack and pinion bushings and the trac bar relo bracket.

For the avoidance of doubt, work was done professionally, I would never dream of doing something like this on my own. I loaned the truck to Bilstein for a week to test fit some new gear, and they have been supremely professional throughout the entire process.

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6112 suspension kit installed…WOW!  HUGE improvement over stock OBX Hitachi coilovers befor

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6112 suspension kit installed…WOW!  HUGE improvement over stock OBX Hitachi coilovers after

Last edited:

Thr33Thr33

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pics of my horsey before and after 6112s. Lift is 2.1" in front and 2.4" in back. Incoming rake was 10mm. I like the outcome. Reasonable lift without the wheel wells looking ridiculously empty. Used the opportunity to install the RC rack and pinion bushings and the trac bar relo bracket.

For the avoidance of doubt, work was done professionally, I would never dream of doing something like this on my own. I loaned the truck to Bilstein for a week to test fit some new gear, and they have been supremely professional throughout the entire process.

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6112 suspension kit installed…WOW!  HUGE improvement over stock OBX Hitachi coilovers after

What clip positions did you do on your lift?

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond