First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a60658880/bfgoodrich-ko3-all-terrain-tire-launch-details/

bfg-ko3-04-66327296a4c4b.jpg?crop=0.670xw:1.00xh;0.jpg

• BFGoodrich has announced the All-Terrain T/A KO3 tire as the successor to the legendary KO2.
  • As things currently stand, the new KO3 is factory-equipped on the new Ford Ranger Raptor and certain versions of the Chevy Silverado 2500HD and GMC Sierra 2500HD.
  • This month, BFG will launch 13 sizes of the KO3 before adding over 100 more sizes over the next two years.
It's the dawn of a new era for the off-roading and overlanding communities. BFGoodrich just announced the launch of the All-Terrain T/A KO3 tire, acting as the successor to the legendary KO2.

As the numbering suggests, the KO3 is the third generation of BFG's All-Terrain T/A KO series—KO stands for "key off road." The KO2 launched 10 years ago, following the original KO, and it has amassed a reputation among off-road enthusiasts, finding its way onto many trail-bound trucks and SUVs in the intervening years. Now, BFG is launching the KO3 to build on the KO2's exemplary performance.

Ford Bronco BFGoodrich KO3 All Terrain Tire Launches as Successor to KO2 g-ko3-01-66327295e5a9a.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.918xh;0,0

"We’ve done a lot of racing and research in the 10 years since we launched the KO2 tire, so a decade of data, feedback, technology, and experience went into the development of the KO3 tire," said BFGoodrich Global General Manager Harold Phillips. "We are our own competition, and we knew it was time to take the all-terrain tire to another level. It will be exciting to see what consumers will do—at work and at play—with the KO3 tire."

BFG says the KO3 strengthens the KO2's features, improving wear performance, gravel road durability, and snow traction without ruining the strong sidewall and loose-surface traction of the old tire. The KO3 features a new tread compound, arranged in a different pattern for better durability on gravel roads.

Ford Bronco BFGoodrich KO3 All Terrain Tire Launches as Successor to KO2 bfg-ko3-03-663272968205e.jpg?crop=1xw:0

The updated design of the serrated shoulder and "Mud-Phobic Bars" claim to improve mud and snow performance. As with the old tire, the KO3 earns the Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake severe-snow rating. The KO3 currently comes factory-equipped on the 2024 Ford Ranger Raptor and select trims of the 2024 Chevy Silverado 2500HD and 2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD.

BFG will launch over 100 sizes for the new tire over two years, starting with 13 in May, 17 in August, five in October, and over 50 in 2025. The K03 is available on TireRack right now in LT285/70R-17 and LT275/65R-20 sizing.
Sponsored

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will keep my eye out for some good deals on the remaining K02's......

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually noticed two sizes available on discount tire today. Sadly not the size I was looking for unless I would have gave these a shot.

Zeaks

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Wildtrak/19 FX4 Exp Max
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This KO3 is definitely a larger change in design than past versions. I’ve had good experiences with KO and KO2 in the past 20 years so I’ll be following these. I’d probably go with BFGs when I need tires but the weight and price of these territory’s will be tough to beat. I’ll see how they perform for my uses and make my decision when it’s time for new tires.

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Finally. Excited for this release.

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some will appreciate the strengthened sidewalls and will not mind the substantial additional weight. I am not one of these people. Never had problems with KO2s over the past 10 years, don't dmneed any5 stronger and don't need shottier mpg than I already have. I will keep buying the KO2s for as long as they are available.

OP
OP

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Some will appreciate the strengthened sidewalls and will not mind the substantial additional weight. I am not one of these people. Never had problems with KO2s over the past 10 years, don't dmneed any5 stronger and don't need shottier mpg than I already have. I will keep buying the KO2s for as long as they are available.
I myself would mind the added weight, particularly on my Broncos which have SAS suspensions "tuned" for the unusually lightweight Goodyears.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"We are our own competition, and we knew it was time to take the all-terrain tire to another level. It will be exciting to see what consumers will do—at work and at play—with the KO3 tire."
This is rich, the KO2 was surpassed years ago by several other brands. They're absolutely playing catch up whether they want to admit it or not.

Definitely a milder look that will improve everyone's daily drive. I do think there was a love affair with the iconic cheeto design that people will miss. Love it or hate it, they sold a lot of these because many considered it "the" AT tire to get for their truck/jeep.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With the phased roll out, I’m not waiting around for the size I want. Falken Wildpeak AT4W here I come

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've got a set of these being installed on my daughter's 4Runner this week. Interested to see if the performance improvement is as good as it was between the KO and KO2.

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like the K02 as a road tire, anything else specially muddy terrain is a no go just how its not designed for that use.
This just not true. My family has used KOs for decades for work trucks out in remote areas and they’ve been fantastic. They aren’t a rock crawling or mud tire but they don’t claim to be. Backwoods or desert camping/fishing like I’m sure a lot of Bronco owners actually do they are great. If you’re into hardcore off roading then yeah buy a dedicated tire not an all terrain.
Sponsored