Sponsored

Belltech 4-7.5" Lift Kit. Front and Rear Trail Performance Coilovers - feedback / reviews?

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm breaking enough stuff with 2.5" over SAS, and I have upgraded everything except FDU and main drivelines. Well, I'll find out figure out today if my FDU is broken, I'm past the point of no return. 7" lift? The lift will be the least expensive thing you're getting into.
Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would recommend going to 35's with the Bilstein 5112's and roll with that. I don't think 38's or 37's do much here except maybe water clearance. I can't talk about the rivers they're traversing, but getting too tall (and staying narrow) is a problem.
It is worth mentioning that this platform is garbage for water fording, the 2.3l as well, and yes even the Everglades. A "snorkel" is a marketing term, should be called an offroad intake, desert intake, severe duty intake, etc, etc.

Lots of Ranger 2.3s were killing alternators before the Bronco came out.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well portals are only going to get you 4 inches... add in a nice coil over and you are about 6.5 to 7 inches without any additional preload. and this is before you even change the tires. The ride is phenomenal with the new coil overs and just like stock without. Every single suspension lift I have had on multiple vehicles has had detrimental effects on ride quality.

But then we are getting into a money issue.... This route is NOT inexpensive.

AND yes you would want to upgrade the steering rack (not just tie rods) but I would want to do that with ANY tire size change.
Portals safely get you 4". That is the point.

You can slap Portals on a bone stock Sasquatch and let her rip.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is worth mentioning that this platform is garbage for water fording, the 2.3l as well, and yes even the Everglades. A "snorkel" is a marketing term, should be called an offroad intake, desert intake, severe duty intake, etc, etc.

Lots of Ranger 2.3s were killing alternators before the Bronco came out.
I say maybe just because I don't know. I know there are people in Houston that get big lifts just incase it floods on the roads (which it does, often) and don't want to get stuck. But really serious water crossing, maybe above a foot? My ass be looking for another way... lol

And yeah there's that video from Australia where the guy's like, snorkel's aren't for water as much as dust/dirt/debris. Until then, I thought they were for water. I could use one for dust (we have a lot of dust on back roads here).

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I say maybe just because I don't know. I know there are people in Houston that get big lifts just incase it floods on the roads (which it does, often) and don't want to get stuck. But really serious water crossing, maybe above a foot? My ass be looking for another way... lol

And yeah there's that video from Australia where the guy's like, snorkel's aren't for water as much as dust/dirt/debris. Until then, I thought they were for water. I could use one for dust (we have a lot of dust on back roads here).
I blame the cinematic masterpiece “Dante’s Peak” starring the dreamy Pierce Brosnan for misleading us all on the purpose of a “snorkel.”

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I blame the cinematic masterpiece “Dante’s Peak” starring the dreamy Pierce Brosnan for misleading us all on the purpose of a “snorkel.”
Every time I hear Pierce Brosnan, I think of that scene in Mrs. Doubtfire where he gets whacked by a runaway fruity.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If this is all about clearance, compare... here is a pic from the Belltek site, now look at the clearance in the front, ground to lowest point on the Bronco...
Ford Bronco Belltech 4-7.5" Lift Kit. Front and Rear Trail Performance Coilovers - feedback / reviews? beltech 7 inch.PNG

Now look at the clearance with portals and coil overs...

Ford Bronco Belltech 4-7.5" Lift Kit. Front and Rear Trail Performance Coilovers - feedback / reviews? front end friday homer bucket

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If this is all about clearance, compare... here is a pic from the Belltek site, now look at the clearance in the front, ground to lowest point on the Bronco...
Ford Bronco Belltech 4-7.5" Lift Kit. Front and Rear Trail Performance Coilovers - feedback / reviews? front end friday homer bucket

That bucket is a strong flex.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

For reference, here is what the same bucket looks like on the Belltek lift. (This is accurately drawn to scale)

IMG_1632.jpeg

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Belltech 4-7.5" Lift Kit. Front and Rear Trail Performance Coilovers - feedback / reviews? IMG_1632

Ford Bronco Belltech 4-7.5" Lift Kit. Front and Rear Trail Performance Coilovers - feedback / reviews? IMG_1632
Nice license plate. But don't you also have a King lift? You and Tor148 don't have "bone stock" :)LOL:) portal lifts? Maybe @BAUS67? But yeah, you'd still clear it.

Anyhow, unless the OP wants to drop upwards of $30k, it's not really an option. And starting to wonder if we've dragged this thread too far away from the subject.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice license plate. But don't you also have a King lift? You and Tor148 don't have "bone stock" :)LOL:) portal lifts? Maybe @BAUS67? But yeah, you'd still clear it.

Anyhow, unless the OP wants to drop upwards of $30k, it's not really an option. And starting to wonder if we've dragged this thread too far away from the subject.
Something about orange juice?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No portals for me, Ima po boy. 😆 On my bucket list though, maybe someday. 😁
Sponsored