Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F150 Crew, 2016 ATS Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should be able to use any of the switches. I personal used #1. Its the closes to the drivers side and I can reach it stand outside the drivers door.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ARB Twin draws too much current to run directly off the AUX switches, but you can use one of the AUX switches to control a relay providing power from the battery.

Since you will not be able to use the power from the AUX Switch to supply the compressor, it makes sense to use AUX 4, 5, or 6 and save the higher output circuits for other options you may add that can operate on the 25, 15 or 10 amps provided by AUX 1, 2, or 3.

Considering the ergonomics during my use, I'd have to open the hood- connect an air hose to the compressor, then head back to the cab and switch on one of the AUX switches. It made sense to use the ARB supplied switch on the compressor mount. For my uses I'm not installing an air tank so turning on the compressor prior to connecting an air hose would not be of any benefit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For future reference for anyone also looking, this is the current chart for a 2023 Badlands Sasquatch.

Bschurr, thanks for the heads-up!
Ford Bronco Arb Twin compressor and Factory AUX switches IMG_0776
As Bschurr & Tharberats pointed out in another thread- the AUX Switch capacities have been increased, so your 2023 AUX Switches should have these capacities.

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious as to why people are using an aux switch. Unless it’s a convenience issue i don’t see the advantage of it.

Last edited:

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious as to why people are using an aux switch. Unless it’s a convenience issue i see no advantage of using an aux switch.
Depends on where the compressor and the air hose terminal is mounted. If you have the quick disconnect mounted on the front bumper or out back next to the tow hitch, It's much easier to wire into the aux switches than run wires elsewhere on the vehicle to mount a separate switch.

Sponsored

Squirrel13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
An ARB twin draws over 60A. No reason to waste a 40A upfitter to trigger the ARB wiring relay. Also a pressure switch isnt rated for more than 20A Just use 1-4. Upfitter.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aux 6 for me, I use the Bronco dash for inflation pressures, so I hook up my 4 tire inflator and reach in and hit the switch and watch the tires inflate from the dash.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ARB Twin draws too much current to run directly off the AUX switches, but you can use one of the AUX switches to control a relay providing power from the battery.

Since you will not be able to use the power from the AUX Switch to supply the compressor, it makes sense to use AUX 4, 5, or 6 and save the higher output circuits for other options you may add that can operate on the 25, 15 or 10 amps provided by AUX 1, 2, or 3.

Considering the ergonomics during my use, I'd have to open the hood- connect an air hose to the compressor, then head back to the cab and switch on one of the AUX switches. It made sense to use the ARB supplied switch on the compressor mount. For my uses I'm not installing an air tank so turning on the compressor prior to connecting an air hose would not be of any benefit.
I completely agree. I was first thinking about using an AUX switch. Then realized I'd only be using the compressor with the hood open. There's a switch on the compressor. Saves an AUX switch for something else. I also agree that AUX 4, 5, or 6 make more sense. Save the high current switches for lights or something needing the current.

Last edited:

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like others have mentioned above you want to run power directly to the battery and then tie in auxiliary switch purely as an "on/off" function.

Also, here is the correct specs for the aux switches:
Ford Bronco Arb Twin compressor and Factory AUX switches Screenshot 2024-04-23 122154

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I ran a separate line to a power distro block at the rear, using the pressure switch in the ARB as my shutoff and Aux 5 hooked up to a relay as an interrupt to shutdown the air system completely in the event of a leak or blown air line.
Sponsored