Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The AR | Billet Weighted Modular Shift Knob & Billet Reverse Lockout Combo

Project GEAR JAMMER has begun.

Yesterday (1/4/23) we received a brand new complete shifter assembly for R&D. We'll not only produce several designs for the modular shift knob, but also a billet reverse lockout collar that will integrate with the shift knob and shifter arm perfectly. This will not only be an accessory to look at but it will elevate the feel and precision you'll experience with every shift.

Let's take a trip back a little way to the spring of 2021. Andrew (AR | Triple D - Director of DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT) and I were chatting about his next move. He had his own design company for freelance work, but also was designing motorcycles and other automotive accoutrements, but wanted to be more focused. He and I worked together on several projects in the past for AR before he was hired full time to be the Sauce God that he is here. We rolled out several wings, diffusers, a MACH e for Ford at SEMA, and yup, shift knobs and reverse lockouts. I'll tell you this right now. Andrew can design amazing shift knobs and he's asked me several times in the past to cut him loose on Bronco. But, as most of you know, it's been a log jam of projects this past year. So, really it was just a matter of prioritizing projects and executing the game plan.

As I said in the beginning, GEAR JAMMER has begun. Billet Aluminum, stainless steel, suede and grain leathers, and possibly carbon fiber will all be in play for these designs. Ergonomics, the feel of the shifter falling into the gate, the transition of the shifter as you pull it from third, cross the neutral plane and drop into fourth. That feeling is going to remind you of your Grandpa's bolt action rifle. That's the only way I can explain it.

We'll get renderings of the base designs up on this thread. Feel free to follow along as I take you down the path of shift knob development.

Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob image_6487327 (3).JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh baby! I know these manual owners are going to be happy about this post!

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally got it going!!! We can't wait to see the results!!!

Hopefully there are options under $1k 🤣🤣 (kind of)jk. I love your products.

Arjineal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Saturn Astra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very excited! Can't wait!

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The AR | Billet Weighted Modular Shift Knob & Billet Reverse Lockout Combo

Project GEAR JAMMER has begun.

Yesterday (1/4/23) we received a brand new complete shifter assembly for R&D. We'll not only produce several designs for the modular shift knob, but also a billet reverse lockout collar that will integrate with the shift knob and shifter arm perfectly. This will not only be an accessory to look at but it will elevate the feel and precision you'll experience with every shift.

Let's take a trip back a little way to the spring of 2021. Andrew (AR | Triple D - Director of DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT) and I were chatting about his next move. He had his own design company for freelance work, but also was designing motorcycles and other automotive accoutrements, but wanted to be more focused. He and I worked together on several projects in the past for AR before he was hired full time to be the Sauce God that he is here. We rolled out several wings, diffusers, a MACH e for Ford at SEMA, and yup, shift knobs and reverse lockouts. I'll tell you this right now. Andrew can design amazing shift knobs and he's asked me several times in the past to cut him loose on Bronco. But, as most of you know, it's been a log jam of projects this past year. So, really it was just a matter of prioritizing projects and executing the game plan.

As I said in the beginning, GEAR JAMMER has begun. Billet Aluminum, stainless steel, suede and grain leathers, and possibly carbon fiber will all be in play for these designs. Ergonomics, the feel of the shifter falling into the gate, the transition of the shifter as you pull it from third, cross the neutral plane and drop into fourth. That feeling is going to remind you of your Grandpa's bolt action rifle. That's the only way I can explain it.

We'll get renderings of the base designs up on this thread. Feel free to follow along as I take you down the path of shift knob development.

Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob image_6487327 (3).JPG
That looks amazing!

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, unfortunately I have a competitor's knob and SSK. Your knob will likely be compatible, but the lockout ring probably won't. Will you offer the knob separately from the lockout ring?

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Interesting, unfortunately I have a competitor's knob and SSK. Your knob will likely be compatible, but the lockout ring probably won't. Will you offer the knob separately from the lockout ring?
Yes, the knob and R-Lock will be able to be ordered be ordered separately.

Eventually, Bronco owners will find out, like the S550 Mustang owners found out, that the glue on the OEM Reverse Lockout will become brittle, with heat and cold, and fail on you at the worst time and you wont be able to go into reverse. The billet R-Loc wont fail. ;)

Sponsored

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That feeling is going to remind you of your Grandpa's bolt action rifle. That's the only way I can explain it.
Grandpa carried a Mosin Nagant in WWII, I sure hope it's better. :LOL: JK

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, the knob and R-Lock will be able to be ordered be ordered separately.

Eventually, Bronco owners will find out, like the S550 Mustang owners found out, that the glue on the OEM Reverse Lockout will become brittle, with heat and cold, and fail on you at the worst time and you wont be able to go into reverse. The billet R-Loc wont fail. ;)
Warranty though right? FMC always has our best interests at heart...

Pretty sure nothing with the AR name will fail, so maybe this will be my new excuse...

joshslighter

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru WRX, 1992 Honda Nighthawk CB750
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As usual looking forward to see what you guys come up with for this. Any plans to offer a short throw kit?

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't want to ask too many questions since I'm sure you're planning as many as feasible... but we won't have to order a short shift kit to avoid being 2" taller than stock?

You already mentioned in other threads it won't be an extended reach to the lockout collar or look like an ungainly (heavily branded) lump thrown on top...

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Warranty though right? FMC always has our best interests at heart...

Pretty sure nothing with the AR name will fail, so maybe this will be my new excuse...
After we're done with the OEM parts for R&D, I'll show you the failure points.
Sponsored