First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m starting to worry about when/if these will ship. Still haven’t gotten a response In the past couple weeks.

I ordered (and paid in full) at the beginning of December, with an expectation of 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. It’s now been five months, and there are no shipping estimates anymore.

I ordered a Chisel, and I don’t think those are even close to being done,

I‘ve never ordered from this company before. Should I be concerned? Are they legit? Is this normal?

I think @EIGHTLUG jumped the gun on taking orders and payments. Seems like they did that based on a concept.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’m starting to worry about when/if these will ship. Still haven’t gotten a response In the past couple weeks.

I ordered (and paid in full) at the beginning of December, with an expectation of 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. It’s now been five months, and there are no shipping estimates anymore.

Ive never ordered from this company before. Should I be concerned? Are they legit? Is this normal?

I think the jumped the gun on taking orders and payments. Seems like they did that based on a concept.
And we thought waiting for a whole Bronco to get built was long! This should have been a two month wait max.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Bigfootie - And paid in full up front.

My first and last order from Archetype Racing.
I’ve been in and around manufacturing my whole life including running several machine shops. None of this makes sense from a time perspective.

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ar is slow to ship out, if you have concerns reach out to them. There are a lot of forum members who have ordered from Curtis at ar and are happy, including me. Yes they are slow, no it really should not be that way, yes they are good to communicate with when you reach out, yes the work is very good, yes you should wait.

This is my .02, if you feel you have waited long enough reach out and ask about cancel options. If it was me I would wait

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They have incredibly long wait times - but, it’s always worth it.

I think they do a disservice by including timeline on their products. It always takes much longer. Setting expectations and falling short every time turns a lot of people off - but, they always deliver. They have multiple projects going on at once and only a certain amount of machining capabilities.

It should have said 8 months, not 8 weeks. If they were more honest about their turnarounds - they’d piss off less people.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They have incredibly long wait times - but, it’s always worth it.

I think they do a disservice by including timeline on their products. It always takes much longer. Setting expectations and falling short every time turns a lot of people off - but, they always deliver. They have multiple projects going on at once and only a certain amount of machining capabilities.

It should have said 8 months, not 8 weeks. If they were more honest about their turnarounds - they’d piss off less people.
I’m still not getting it. Again, I’ve been machining, both manual and CNC for 50 years. I get it if you were trying to mass produce these using a manual lathe and a Bridgeport, but you can knock these out in no time with any modern CNC either lathe with live tooling or a 4 axis mill.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's also not a priority product for anyone on the market because they won't sell enough to line anyone's pocket. So valuable machine time is being prioritized on more lucrative products. Those of us who ordered from AR before didn't expect this to happen anytime soon. But we know it's going to be a much better product than anything else available on the market.

I'm 6 weeks into waiting on my Icon Toolbox. Now that irritates me.

Sponsored

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m still not getting it. Again, I’ve been machining, both manual and CNC for 50 years. I get it if you were trying to mass produce these using a manual lathe and a Bridgeport, but you can knock these out in no time with any modern CNC either lathe with live tooling or a 4 axis mill.
I can understand your not getting it based on there being nothing else that they are doing, and I would completely agree with you in that respect, however that's not what they are doing. This is a small design studio (my words/designation), and everything that they output is of the highest quality, however adhering to timelines is not their strongest suite. I have a bunch of their stuff, and I'm happy with it all, and wiling to wait. If this was a "i need to shift and I can't" then I would be getting excited.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can have all of the experience in the world. Do you own your own business?

Basically, do you. If you want subpar - get other brand. If you want the best. Wait it out.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

as others have mentioned repeatedly, it is simply a long wait for nice parts, no one likes the wait time for AR products, but there are two choices;
1) wait for the parts and grumble at the wait time
2) order something else and hope you like the alternate item

but don't feel like AR is scamming you, they are just slow to get product out

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had a sweet update all typed out and was close to sending when my phone locked up!

The gist is, if you ordered a WHITE BREAD knob without a lockout lever or were okay with them shipping separately, your order is about to ship out. I’ll get CHISEL pics up soon. These will look a great too!

As always, I truly value all of you as customers and some, even more than just a customer at this point! I also really appreciate the patience. There’s definitely not a ton of slacking going on. We’re bouncing from machine to machine to crank out these pieces of automotive jewelry for you and I hope you all appreciate the work that goes into products like this when you hold it in your hands.

IMG_5557.jpeg

IMG_5558.jpeg

IMG_5556.jpeg

IMG_5564.jpeg

IMG_5563.jpeg

IMG_5560.jpeg

IMG_5561.jpeg

IMG_5559.jpeg

IMG_5562.jpeg

IMG_5557.jpeg

IMG_5558.jpeg

IMG_5556.jpeg