Huntsetter1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looking forward to seeing the finial products. Are you thinking summer availability?
Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet! I've gotta ask, is there any chance for a billiard or delrin option for a more classic, round knob? Something just a bit bigger than the OEM knob would be great, like this RTR (except no branding please)

Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob 1672973127431

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT!

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in! (If not overpriced ;))

I hope you guys are going to make one that has a better feel when shifting but not physically shorter height than the stock one as this ain't a mustang it's a Bronco and sits higher in the seat than sports cars.

Josch586

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This sounds awesome! Please ditch the stock method of attaching the shift knob and go with direct thread. This would help everyone get the exact knob they want

Sponsored

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super excited about this!! Exactly what I've been waiting for!

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife got me a set of B.A.L.L.S. for Christmas, maybe I will get a knob for our anniversary. That purse of hers sure will be empty then. 😉

In for a penny, in for a pound. Very excited about this, thank you Curtis as always.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, the knob and R-Lock will be able to be ordered be ordered separately.

Eventually, Bronco owners will find out, like the S550 Mustang owners found out, that the glue on the OEM Reverse Lockout will become brittle, with heat and cold, and fail on you at the worst time and you wont be able to go into reverse. The billet R-Loc wont fail. ;)
I am very interested! Anxious to learn more about your product.

One question however, from your statement ”the glue on the OEM Reverse Lockout will become brittle, with heat and cold, and fail"

I've disassembled my Bronco shifter down to the stock post and I did not find any glue. The lockout mechanism is a solid piece of plastic that attaches to the lift ring mechanically via two spring tabs. What part gets brittle ??

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am very interested! Anxious to learn more about your product.

One question however, from your statement ”the glue on the OEM Reverse Lockout will become brittle, with heat and cold, and fail"

I've disassembled my Bronco shifter down to the stock post and I did not find any glue. The lockout mechanism is a solid piece of plastic that attaches to the lift ring mechanically via two spring tabs. What part gets brittle ??
I thought the same thing. I didn't see anything glued. I was going to wait to see what they come up with, but i think the same as you every time I read that post

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sweet! I've gotta ask, is there any chance for a billiard or delrin option for a more classic, round knob? Something just a bit bigger than the OEM knob would be great, like this RTR (except no branding please)

Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob 1672973127431
I second this, have a HE inbound so white with red numbers please!?!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm in! (If not overpriced ;))

I hope you guys are going to make one that has a better feel when shifting but not physically shorter height than the stock one as this ain't a mustang it's a Bronco and sits higher in the seat than sports cars.
*This isn’t directed at you at all, Hkak45*

We don’t do overpriced. It’s the cost to have/want the best. That’s a culmination of bespoke designs, high quality materials, domestic/in house manufacturing, and domestic raw materials.

Not to go off on a tangent, but we don’t start projects with a price in mind to ‘compete’ with other existing products. That just restricts our ability to make parts for you that are outstanding. If we designed to a price point, our stuff would get lost in a sea of other value engineered accessories and corners would need to be cut to keep costs in line.

I don’t want to work/operate like that. You wouldn’t want us to operate like that. You definitely wouldn’t be hyped for our stuff.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I thought the same thing. I didn't see anything glued. I was going to wait to see what they come up with, but i think the same as you every time I read that post
Here’s what the failure point is with the Ford reverse lockouts. There are two plastic ‘fingers’ that engage the silver plastic collar that’s actuated when you lift the reverse lockout. Over time, the plastic components get brittle from heat/cold and eventually the plastic fingers fail. And they never fail at a good time. This restricts your ability to put the transmission in reverse because of the failed lockout. Replacing the plastic reverse lockout parts with billet components fixes that issue forever ever.
Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob 34130724-B9CF-4C6B-B323-337442D67B3B

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The AR | Billet Weighted Modular Shift Knob & Billet Reverse Lockout Combo

Project GEAR JAMMER has begun.

Yesterday (1/4/23) we received a brand new complete shifter assembly for R&D. We'll not only produce several designs for the modular shift knob, but also a billet reverse lockout collar that will integrate with the shift knob and shifter arm perfectly. This will not only be an accessory to look at but it will elevate the feel and precision you'll experience with every shift.

Let's take a trip back a little way to the spring of 2021. Andrew (AR | Triple D - Director of DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT) and I were chatting about his next move. He had his own design company for freelance work, but also was designing motorcycles and other automotive accoutrements, but wanted to be more focused. He and I worked together on several projects in the past for AR before he was hired full time to be the Sauce God that he is here. We rolled out several wings, diffusers, a MACH e for Ford at SEMA, and yup, shift knobs and reverse lockouts. I'll tell you this right now. Andrew can design amazing shift knobs and he's asked me several times in the past to cut him loose on Bronco. But, as most of you know, it's been a log jam of projects this past year. So, really it was just a matter of prioritizing projects and executing the game plan.

As I said in the beginning, GEAR JAMMER has begun. Billet Aluminum, stainless steel, suede and grain leathers, and possibly carbon fiber will all be in play for these designs. Ergonomics, the feel of the shifter falling into the gate, the transition of the shifter as you pull it from third, cross the neutral plane and drop into fourth. That feeling is going to remind you of your Grandpa's bolt action rifle. That's the only way I can explain it.

We'll get renderings of the base designs up on this thread. Feel free to follow along as I take you down the path of shift knob development.

Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob 34130724-B9CF-4C6B-B323-337442D67B3B
Now we are talking. I very much await what your Sauce God comes up with!

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Replacing the plastic reverse lockout parts with billet components fixes that issue forever ever.
34130724-B9CF-4C6B-B323-337442D67B3B.jpeg
When I installed a new leather boot, it was measurably thicker than the Ford Factory material. This caused me some trouble getting that prong fully seated. When I was satisfied it was in far enough, I decided to tightly wrap that prong down with electrical tape to hopefully prevent it from coming out of it's hole. I hope your solution will have more clearance for leather boots.
Also, I would be interested in a brown/orangish leather knob and metal top plate like the original rendering:
lidlXGC.jpg

r721o7m.jpg
Sponsored