Sponsored

Anyone installed FACTORY RACE SERIES 3.0 INTERNAL BYPASS RESERVOIR SHOCKS???

Bryan1995

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did anyone installed the factory race series 3.0 internal bypass shocks on the bronco? i have a badlands sas and I'm thinking of changing the current suspension setup from sas to this, any idea or experience?

these are the info on fox website:

FOX Factory Race Series 3.0 Internal Bypass shocks for the Ford Bronco deliver position-sensitive damping technology, Dual Speed Compression (DSC) adjustment, and high-speed ready performance in a bolt-on kit.

Patented Internal Bypass technology allows for multiple zones of damping control. The result is a comfortable, confident ride with increased damping force through rough terrain. Internal bypass shocks produce more force progressively to control hard bottom-outs, prevent harsh top-outs, and provide an initial catch for landing. Shock fluid bypasses the main piston through a series of bleed holes in the ride zone. As the shock extends past the ride zone in rebound or compression, the bleed holes terminate, forcing fluid through the main piston.

Finned external reservoirs and aluminum shock bodies keep shock fluid temperatures cool for better performance. Type III anodization prevents corrosion and wear of the 3-inch diameter bodies. The DSC adjuster allows you to dial in your Bronco for load, environment, and driving style.

FOX Internal Bypass shocks deliver the support and confidence you need while driving high-speed through rugged terrain. Experience race-bred performance next time you leave the pavement.

2 Door | Without Sasquatch Package - 4.5" Lift
4 Door | Without Sasquatch Package - 4" Lift
2 Door | With Sasquatch Package - 3.5" Lift
4 Door | With Sasquatch Package - 3" Lift

If anyone installed it, can you please post a picture of it and how the bronco sits with the extra lift. Thanks
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Several on here are running 2.5". I haven't seen any 3.0". That is a lot of shock for a Bronco. Watch your CV angles at those lift heights.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I went with the 2.5 because I think the 3.0 has too much oil to move.... At least for my style of driving and the weight of the Bronco.... I really really like the 2.5s..... I think it is kind of the goldilocks spot.

And that is with me having significantly more unsprung weight than stock. I probably have 120 lbs more weight per corner unsprung than stock... That requires a lot more dampening.... and yet the 2.5 seems perfect.

Disciple Mike

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500, Bronco, 600RR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did anyone installed the factory race series 3.0 internal bypass shocks on the bronco? i have a badlands sas and I'm thinking of changing the current suspension setup from sas to this, any idea or experience?

these are the info on fox website:

FOX Factory Race Series 3.0 Internal Bypass shocks for the Ford Bronco deliver position-sensitive damping technology, Dual Speed Compression (DSC) adjustment, and high-speed ready performance in a bolt-on kit.

Patented Internal Bypass technology allows for multiple zones of damping control. The result is a comfortable, confident ride with increased damping force through rough terrain. Internal bypass shocks produce more force progressively to control hard bottom-outs, prevent harsh top-outs, and provide an initial catch for landing. Shock fluid bypasses the main piston through a series of bleed holes in the ride zone. As the shock extends past the ride zone in rebound or compression, the bleed holes terminate, forcing fluid through the main piston.

Finned external reservoirs and aluminum shock bodies keep shock fluid temperatures cool for better performance. Type III anodization prevents corrosion and wear of the 3-inch diameter bodies. The DSC adjuster allows you to dial in your Bronco for load, environment, and driving style.

FOX Internal Bypass shocks deliver the support and confidence you need while driving high-speed through rugged terrain. Experience race-bred performance next time you leave the pavement.

2 Door | Without Sasquatch Package - 4.5" Lift
4 Door | Without Sasquatch Package - 4" Lift
2 Door | With Sasquatch Package - 3.5" Lift
4 Door | With Sasquatch Package - 3" Lift

If anyone installed it, can you please post a picture of it and how the bronco sits with the extra lift. Thanks
I could be wrong, but I think those lift numbers are a maximum. Meaning you can have less lift if you want. Hopefully that makes sense.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went with the 2.5 because I think the 3.0 has too much oil to move....
From what I understand, the Fox "3.0" actually IS just a 2.5 internally. Same size inner can, piston and valve stack. The outer can (which functions as the reservoir) is 3.0. Also it seems the rears aren't dimensioned optimally, in that they bottom out too early. OP, reach out to Chris at Lobo Off-Road he can explain it better.

Sponsored

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

From what I understand, the Fox "3.0" actually IS just a 2.5 internally. Same size inner can, piston and valve stack. The outer can (which functions as the reservoir) is 3.0. Also it seems the rears aren't dimensioned optimally, in that they bottom out too early. OP, reach out to Chris at Lobo Off-Road he can explain it better.
Maybe I am misunderstanding then. I thought the HOSS 3.0 ran a Fox 2.5.... which I thought was different from a true Fox 3.0....

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe I am misunderstanding then. I thought the HOSS 3.0 ran a Fox 2.5.... which I thought was different from a true Fox 3.0....
The Hoss 3.0 isn't a true aftermarket Fox 2.5. I know it wasnt adjustable for height or ride, and the reservoirs on my King 2.5's is massively larger. Diameter of the main shaft may have been 2.5. If the word retarded was allowed I'd call the OEM Fox's a retarded variant of the Fox 2.5.

I'd also say I pushed the King 2.5's from Accutune freaking hard in Baja and they were incredible. I can't see needing a 3.0 short of entering king of Hammers or or entering NORRA.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The Hoss 3.0 isn't a true aftermarket Fox 2.5. I know it wasnt adjustable for height or ride, and the reservoirs on my King 2.5's is massively larger. Diameter of the main shaft may have been 2.5. If the word retarded was allowed I'd call the OEM Fox's a retarded variant of the Fox 2.5.

I'd also say I pushed the King 2.5's from Accutune freaking hard in Baja and they were incredible. I can't see needing a 3.0 short of entering king of Hammers or or entering NORRA.
I was just politely trying to suggest that the Wildtrack does not come with Fox 3.0s.....

I agree that the remote resi Fox 2.5 is actually a different animal as well. But technically I believe the Wild track does have a Fox 2.5, but with a smaller exterior attached reservoir.... And that reservoir plays a big part since it is where the gas cylinder resides. The larger it is the more gas there is to be compressed..... But you have to move the oil from the shock cylinder to the reservoir (and back) to compress the gas. With the 3.0 you simply have a lot of oil to move. That can be a good thing or that can be a bad thing. As far as a non-race Bronco even fully loaded to GVW.... I think it is too much oil to move to provide a really good ride.... But I could be wrong....

I am running the Kings as well.... And I love them. Simpler than the two valve resi Fox 2.5s.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was just politely trying to suggest that the Wildtrack does not come with Fox 3.0s.....

I agree that the remote resi Fox 2.5 is actually a different animal as well. But technically I believe the Wild track does have a Fox 2.5, but with a smaller exterior attached reservoir.... And that reservoir plays a big part since it is where the gas cylinder resides. The larger it is the more gas there is to be compressed..... But you have to move the oil from the shock cylinder to the reservoir (and back) to compress the gas. With the 3.0 you simply have a lot of oil to move. That can be a good thing or that can be a bad thing. As far as a non-race Bronco even fully loaded to GVW.... I think it is too much oil to move to provide a really good ride.... But I could be wrong....

I am running the Kings as well.... And I love them. Simpler than the two valve resi Fox 2.5s.
I enjoyed reading your thoughtful analysis. I only mean tto offer my perspective. That OEM Fox shock would have been great for me provided I never added any weight to the front end or had not gone to bigger tires.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

God I wish someone would help us "non-racing" camping/overlanding folk through these suspension choices. I rarely if ever haul-ass in my Bronco, and what i really need is a smoother ride for 20-45mph trail cruising speeds, not the 50+.

I've stuck with the ESC-V Bilsteins because I think they're alright at doing a bit of both, but low speed is pretty harsh to me. I'd like my family to be a bit more comfortable on the trail and I'm willing to give up some performance for it. I'm running with 200lbs of camping gear in the trunk and/or roof rack, two adults, two children.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

God I wish someone would help us "non-racing" camping/overlanding folk through these suspension choices. I rarely if ever haul-ass in my Bronco, and what i really need is a smoother ride for 20-45mph trail cruising speeds, not the 50+.

I've stuck with the ESC-V Bilsteins because I think they're alright at doing a bit of both, but low speed is pretty harsh to me. I'd like my family to be a bit more comfortable on the trail and I'm willing to give up some performance for it. I'm running with 200lbs of camping gear in the trunk and/or roof rack, two adults, two children.
Ask a question about that specifically. @Aonarch was just talking the other day how's he's doing an overlanding build. The 2.5 Foxes or Kings seem like they could help, but I would just be guessing given the variables and my limited experience.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

We will allow that word, it fits and words can’t hurt you

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ask a question about that specifically. @Aonarch was just talking the other day how's he's doing an overlanding build. The 2.5 Foxes or Kings seem like they could help, but I would just be guessing given the variables and my limited experience.
I'm a big Bilstein fan.

6100 is a good option, those do not come with springs, but are height adjustable. I would then leverage the Sasquatch spring cookbook and selected the heaviest spring for your door count. This will give you 2.65" shock bodies with 60mm digressive mono-piston. They should provide you an excellent ride quality and help soak up the bumps, plus handle heavier overland loads. Or just swap your existing Sasquatch springs on them.

When/ if I go with a winch, I am swapping to a heavier front Sasquatch spring on my setup.

Or you can go 6112, which come with springs, but I am not sure what the spring rates are, plus AFAIK Bilstein only offers one spring rate for this platform.

You can also go with the Eibach 2.0s, there are heavier spring rates available for those. Panda Motorsports? IIRC carries them.
Sponsored